PDA

View Full Version : Eastside Dodge - first maintenance experience.

parabs
06-02-2016, 02:03 PM
I'll start by saying the book isn't closed on this first experience, but so far I'm pissed.

I'll have full details tomorrow, Eastside has a chance to salvage this, but it's up to them.

Baked
06-02-2016, 02:06 PM
I'm not surprised. All the dodge dealerships in Calgary seem horrible.

parabs
06-07-2016, 10:58 AM
So, longer than 24hrs to report but I am quite disappointed.

Initially, I made the appointment due to a significant power steering leak and disclosed that I have installed P5156137 with a custom cam which required a custom tune and demanded the obd-ii port not be touched. I also demanded a road test not be conducted, because, service tech + viper on occasion = disaster. Both were clearly printed on the workorder. I was pleased.

I was called a couple hours later, they kindly validated the issue and indicated the parts were in town and car would be completed at the end of the day. I agreed to proceed.

At the end of the day they told me the part they received was incorrect and the car would be left inside as it was not drive-able however the correct parts would arrive the following morning. Fine, this caused me no impact, not ideal, but fine.

The next day Eastside calls and indicates the car is complete however the correct part now increased the total cost because they needed to order the correct part. Here is where my dissatisfaction begins. They planned to charge me for both the incorrect part and the correct part. When pressed as to why Eastside would conduct their service department in this way they provided incoherent answers without any logic. I told them that ordering the incorrect parts is an "Eastside Dodge Problem" not a "me" problem and I would not pay for the incorrect part.

I am really disappointed they tried to fill me full of shit to cover for their error.

Overall, Eastside Dodge completed the repair which was a significant power steering leak. For that, I am pleased and that was the main objective in the end. In my other interactions with Eastside, everything has been reasonably positive, but my confidence in Eastside is definitely shaken.

Any recommendations on good dealers in Calgary? Or even Alberta for that matter? (I am not a dodge guy and do not plan to be a dodge guy so I only have this experience to draw from.)

I have been strongly considering just taking it to Woodhouse next time I have an issue....as much of a pain in the ass that would be from here.

Baked
06-07-2016, 02:28 PM
I've had Tower Chrysler take my old stealth tt for a test drive for absolutely no reason in the past so have never been back there. The same story happened at Varsity with a SRT10 truck where the employee was tearing up and down the road with a customers vehicle for no reason. Big 4 and Courtesy might be options.
If it's not under warranty, I would go else where like Davenport if he'll do the work or Dale Adams maybe.

parabs
06-07-2016, 09:07 PM
My junk is definitely off warranty. Who is Dale Adams? I'm set to go to Davenport this Thursday morning for some tuning through A&C....I haven't had first hand experience with Davenport but so far my dealings with Steve have been good.

Baked
06-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Steve installed the Paxton on my GTS along with exhaust and a crapped out fuel pump. They did a great job but it's also reflected in the cost.
Dale Adams is off Macleod close to Big 4 and they do servicing and also performance work and have a dyno downstairs. I don't know much else about them but maybe searching them will help you find more info.
Also RCTS is another option. Reg did great work on my old stealth tt and is a very knowledgeable guy. I believe in the past they only did performance work but looks like they are getting into some servicing also.

I wouldn't trust my car at a dodge dealership in this city.

darbgnik
06-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Was it the high pressure line from the steering pump to the fan that leaked? By the pump? Happened in my old Gen 3.

parabs
06-10-2016, 01:07 AM
Was it the high pressure line from the steering pump to the fan that leaked? By the pump? Happened in my old Gen 3.

That's the one. PITA.

LmeaViper
06-10-2016, 06:52 PM
If you do happen, by some small chance, to find a dealership in Cgy that you think is good...then PLEASE let us know.

darbgnik
06-13-2016, 03:21 PM
That's the one. PITA.
\
Ya, the design of the connection point to the pump is weak at best. Looks similar to the line on my 15, I guess I'll need one in a few years, lol, even though mine only goes to the rack and not the fans, which are now electric. On the flip side, it was a very easy swap. What was the book time?

parabs
06-13-2016, 09:45 PM
If you do happen, by some small chance, to find a dealership in Cgy that you think is good...then PLEASE let us know.

Davenport was good, but they are more in to Chevy. Much, much more.

parabs
06-13-2016, 09:47 PM
\
Ya, the design of the connection point to the pump is weak at best. Looks similar to the line on my 15, I guess I'll need one in a few years, lol, even though mine only goes to the rack and not the fans, which are now electric. On the flip side, it was a very easy swap. What was the book time?

They quoted me 180$ for labour I believe, which I thought was pretty decent. I effed around for 20-30mins just trying to get a wrench on it. I'm not much of a mechanic.