PDA

View Full Version : GenV Seat Lowering

SmoknTires
01-02-2014, 04:36 PM
So I have some clear answers (at least for SRT's and TA's) relative to lowering seats.

The bump stops that existed on the 2013's are not there anymore (as we suspected). I know Ralph said they were removing them from the factory on the newer cars to allow taller people a lower seat position. Looking under the seat, they did a much better job having the mechanism 'tuck" under the seat as you lower. So as much as you'd think you'd gain my pulling out all the mechanics from under the seat and designing a rail to bolt to the floor - there isn't that much to gain (on the GenIII/IV's you could get up 2"s).

It seems the most that could be gained (and you'd lose the forward/back capability) is an inch. And it won't bolt back in without designing your own rail kit. We also confirmed the Gen3/4 seat lowering kit from Northwind Engineering don't work on the new car.

So anyway, just sharing what we found. It really doesn't seem like we're going to have a way to lower (unless you create your own rails, drill new holes in the floor, and bolt directly). If someone spends more time on this or finds a way to get that inch, please share.

On the same note, I talked to Manny Kapoor who oversees accessory product planning for Mopar for Viper/Alfa. We talked about if there was a possibility to have a headliner change - as there seems to be a lot of space in the headliner and could possibly push it up higher to the roof. He said he's looking into it.

01sapphirebob
01-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I remember Graham saying (back at VOI) that they were working on a "off road" headliner.

SmoknTires
01-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Hey you're right, that's where I remember hearing that. John Gastman and I kept saying we recall talking to someone about it, and the term "offroad headliner" just reminded me.

Sent email to Graham. I'll see what he says.

SmoknTires
01-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I talked to Graham. He says they did decide not to do it due to volume challenge (since many don't need it).

He said he's going to contact Venzano to see if they want to collaborate with SRT on this one. He has an idea and some work that he can share to make it possible for them to continue with. We'll see where it goes, at least we have answers.

Manny and Graham are awesome people. With everything Graham has going on, he still treats this with importance. What other car manufacturer allows you this kind of access... enough said.

Brad00GTS
01-03-2014, 03:06 PM
I will keep an eye out for more information. I'm only 6'3" but you can never have too much head room.

I talked to Graham. He says they did decide not to do it due to volume challenge (since many don't need it).

He said he's going to contact Venzano to see if they want to collaborate with SRT on this one. He has an idea and some work that he can share to make it possible for them to continue with. We'll see where it goes, at least we have answers.

Manny and Graham are awesome people. With everything Graham has going on, he still treats this with importance. What other car manufacturer allows you this kind of access... enough said.