PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh area repair shop

chof6
05-21-2016, 10:27 AM
I am a relatively new Viper owner (Gen 1.5 1996 RT10) near Raleigh NC and looking for a good engine shop that would have some experience with vipers. Not much shows up on a google search and most of the shops I have called don't call me back. Car starts and runs OK, but tends to run a bit hot and feels a bit down on power. I want to have it checked through and do some basic maintenance and tune-up tasks at a minimum. Any experiences or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Special Ed
05-21-2016, 10:31 AM
Capitol Dodge. They are a VOA sponsor and also very active with the Carolina chapter.

braunstein82
05-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Alot of us in the region have our local and highly recommended club tech Tom sessions give our cars a go thru when we get them. He's over an hour from you but very much worth it. Joining the club will also get you some discounts with Capitol. There are many members in Raleigh that can give your car a look and alot don't mind assisting you with some of the basic maintenance. Congrats on the new car and addiction. Please post some pics.

plumcrazy
05-21-2016, 08:27 PM
tom sessions is the only guy there id trust.

Brian GTS
05-21-2016, 10:37 PM
For your engine issue, I would also go to Tom Sessions as others have mentioned. Super great guy who knows A LOT about your car. He may even be able to pick up and/or drop your car since he passes through this area on occasion when heading to VIR.

...and for preventive maintenance / recalls / warranty stuff, Capital Dodge in Garner is also great. There are a few of us that can help you with your fluids, etc. as well. Check out our maintenance day we hold in March every year in Raleigh at my place. Check here for pics:

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/12978-Get-Your-Motor-Running-V3-0-event-on-March-26!/page2

uvbnbit
05-22-2016, 07:21 AM
I'm not in Carolina's but, Tom Sessions is my recommendation.
beginning to see a pattern here. :D

CarolinaViper
05-22-2016, 09:41 AM
Tom is the one. He has worked and troubleshooted mine many times...GREAT GUY, if you need his number let me know.

Jeff

chof6
05-23-2016, 03:25 PM
Thank you for all the replies. If there is a good number or email to contact Tom Sessions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT - I did find his account on here and sent him a PM, but a phone number is always good to have as well.

CarolinaViper
05-23-2016, 06:18 PM
910-228-8477

Jeff