PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Season of Events Schedule

Viktimize
05-21-2016, 12:26 AM
Hello All.

It has been a challenge this year to get things done in a timely fashion, after a change in the executive roaster at a time when events would normally be planned for the year already. But we did not want to have a season without Viper fun. So without further adieu we bring you the 2016 schedule. I hope a lot of us can still prioritize some time with great cars and company.

June 18, 2016 EDIT Do to logistics I had to switch this event. Promise we will figure out a way to get an AutoX set up next year. New Event!! Single day road trip. Members meet in Red Deer at Gasoline Alley 8-8:45am. Fueled and ready to depart at 9am. Head out Highway 11 and follow David Thompson Highway all the way to Lake Louise. Lunch break there. Continue on to Banff and through, turning off onto Bow Valley Parkway. Bow Valley to Chochrane where we will head up Highway 22 back to Red Deer. Had a member offer his home up for a BBQ location, if that is still on the table then it will be a BBQ to finish off the day in Red Deer.

The David Thompson Highway is supposed to be very scenic and fun. As well as very empty and..........................lightly patrolled. Should be a great drive with a few photo op spots along the way. Drive time for the route is 6 hours and 53 minutes according to Google. Depending on pace we should be close to a 5pm arrival back in Red Deer.

July 1-4, 2016 Cruise part of the Selkirk Loop. This is supposed to be an amazing and scenic drive. Plan is to start in Calgary for a centralized meeting location in Alberta. Cruise to Waterton National Park where we can hopefully find a nice photo op spot. Carry on to Kalispell, Montana where we spend the night. I have 5 rooms under my name at Americas Best Value Inn in Kalispell for July 1. First come first serve on those, so RSVP to me ASAP if you would like one of them. 2 queen bed rooms was all that was available. Cost is $176.61CAD for the night, taxes and fees included.

July 2. Cars fuelled and ready to depart around 8-9am. Cruise from Kalispell to Spokane. Once again I have 5 rooms at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Spokane. 12415E Mission Ave. All King rooms. $199.42CAD cost for the night.

July 3. Cars fuelled and ready to depart around 8-9am. Cruise from Spokane to Kelowna, BC. 5 rooms at the Super 8 in West Kelowna. 1655 Westgate Rd. Rooms are 2 queen bed again. $175.14CAD plus tax
If any BC members head up to start off with us in Calgary that would be lovely, and for those that do your trip will end in Kelowna if you choose. Anyone from Alberta will carry on to Calgary on July 4. Nothing organized for that day, feel free to leave and cruise at your own leisure. But if anyone wants to travel back as a group through the beautiful mountains I'm sure a few of us will be more than happy to.

Dinner plans will announce on the trip. RSVP's would be great so we can figure out roughly what we need for reservations.

August 12-14, 2016. Revelstoke, BC. Everyone can meet in Revelstoke. Nice halfway point for both east and west members. Should be meeting earlier in the day on Friday. Some plans and attractions we can hit over the weekend;
-Great Cedars Boardwalk
-Drive to Nakusp for lunch
-Drive to Sicamous for lunch. There is a nice little ice cream shop on the main drag we can invade.
-Gondola ride
-Meadows in the Sky Parkway Cruise

Bring cameras for this event!!

5 rooms reserved for this as well for both nights. First come first serve again. $159+tax. 2 Queen beds

This is a first time for me planning any sort of events. So constructive criticism is always welcome if you would like to contact me directly. My door is always open. This is going to be the first of what I hope will be many great Viper summers that get better each year. I want to apologize for the lateness of these plans, I really had no intention to take this task on this year. So if it sucks royally this year, just remember, it can only get better!! ��

BrianACR
05-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Sounds like some fun times!! Thanks for putting this together :)

Turk
05-21-2016, 12:28 PM
I think it will be a lot of fun. I hear the roads in Montana are spectacular.

I also heard that the Meadows in the Sky Parkway in Revelstoke was just re-paved last year, so that will be a good road to check out. Thanks for organizing all of this Victor

Turk
05-21-2016, 01:48 PM
I just booked my hotels for the Montana trip.

Redx
05-21-2016, 07:45 PM
Thanks for putting this together! I'll have to check my scheduling!

BrianACR
05-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Im hoping I can make the Revelstoke trip. That sounds like a great time!!

n49
05-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Im hoping I can make the Revelstoke trip. That sounds like a great time!!

We had an event there several years ago & did the Meadows in The Sky "drive". When we finally made our way back down to the entrance gate several RCMP were waiting for us! They said they could hear our Vipers on the valley floor! (from inside the doughnut shop?!) They were VERY upset but let most of us go with a stern warning....I think a couple of guys got tickets for something. Was a great weekend!

Turk
05-24-2016, 12:14 AM
We had an event there several years ago & did the Meadows in The Sky "drive". When we finally made our way back down to the entrance gate several RCMP were waiting for us! They said they could hear our Vipers on the valley floor! (from inside the doughnut shop?!) They were VERY upset but let most of us go with a stern warning....I think a couple of guys got tickets for something. Was a great weekend!

Well hopefully they will be nice to us this time. Last time I had a "meeting" with the Revelstoke RCMP they gave us a huge break.

n49
05-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Here's something new to do in Revelstoke! Just opened today.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-166452-3-.htm#166452

Turk
05-24-2016, 09:44 PM
That actually looks like a lot of fun. Might have to check that out.

tazwid
05-25-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm interested in any local "track days" in Edmonton/Red Deer/Calgary.

Thanks

Turk
05-25-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm interested in any local "track days" in Edmonton/Red Deer/Calgary.

Thanks

Hopefully we are able to setup a track event in Red Deer sometime in June. But we might be too late. We will let you know when we get more info

LmeaViper
05-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Hopefully we are able to setup a track event in Red Deer sometime in June. But we might be too late. We will let you know when we get more info

I lived in Reve for a few years but never heard of "Meadows in The Sky " Is that on the way to the Nakusp ferry?

I would be 100% in for an autocross event. Even a cruise to Red Deer would be a good event.

Turk
05-29-2016, 11:06 AM
From what I understand, Meadows in the Sky is just a windy road that goes up to the top of Mount Revelstoke.

Viktimize
05-30-2016, 12:37 PM
It's looking like the AutoX day might have to be switched up for a day cruise somewhere. Unless we switch the date to line up with another clubs AutoX day, then we can just show up and register, just won't get as many laps in. I tried reaching out to a few resources that could get us what we need to set up our own day, but not having any luck with the time frame.

BrianACR
05-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Either way, it'll be fun. I'm always up for just going for a cruise too.

Viktimize
05-30-2016, 09:40 PM
Either way, it'll be fun. I'm always up for just going for a cruise too.

I know some guys think it is annoying, but if any Alberta guys are interested in get togethers for cruises or whatever, you should join the Alberta Vipers FB group. People post last minute get togethers there now and then. Not everyone on there is a member here, so it doesn't necessarily get communicated here.

BrianACR
05-31-2016, 05:27 PM
Yea, I am not on FB but Turk does a good job of keeping me updated on when guys are going for a rip or whatever is up. Thanks Matt!
Although I have thought about joining FB just for that reason alone...

n49
06-01-2016, 11:18 AM
From what I understand, Meadows in the Sky is just a windy road that goes up to the top of Mount Revelstoke.

That is correct. A short drive from town to the entrance.

Viktimize
06-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Edited original post.

June 18, 2016 New Event!! Single day road trip. Members meet in Red Deer at Gasoline Alley 8-8:45am. Fueled and ready to depart at 9am. Head out Highway 11 and follow David Thompson Highway all the way to Lake Louise. Lunch break there. Continue on to Banff and through, turning off onto Bow Valley Parkway. Bow Valley to Chochrane where we will head up Highway 22 back to Red Deer. Had a member offer his home up for a BBQ location, if that is still on the table then it will be a BBQ to finish off the day in Red Deer.

The David Thompson Highway is supposed to be very scenic and fun. As well as very empty and..........................lightly patrolled. Should be a great drive with a few photo op spots along the way. Drive time for the route is 6 hours and 53 minutes according to Google. Depending on pace we should be close to a 5pm arrival back in Red Deer.

Turk
06-02-2016, 03:57 PM
I drove the David Thompson for the first time last year. It definitely has some great photo opportunities

LmeaViper
06-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Edited original post.

June 18, 2016 New Event!! Single day road trip. Members meet in Red Deer at Gasoline Alley 8-8:45am. Fueled and ready to depart at 9am. Head out Highway 11 and follow David Thompson Highway all the way to Lake Louise. Lunch break there. Continue on to Banff and through, turning off onto Bow Valley Parkway. Bow Valley to Chochrane where we will head up Highway 22 back to Red Deer. Had a member offer his home up for a BBQ location, if that is still on the table then it will be a BBQ to finish off the day in Red Deer.

Interesting. Will keep my eye on the weather.

BrianACR
06-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Sounds like a fun day!! I'll hafta check with my scheduler and see what is up that day. I know it's fathers day weekend too, and all sorts of show and shines goin' on for fathers day.

Viktimize
06-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a fun day!! I'll hafta check with my scheduler and see what is up that day. I know it's fathers day weekend too, and all sorts of show and shines goin' on for fathers day.

Fathers Day is Sunday. So don't miss the road trip on Saturday. You can do all the show and shines you want the next day.

BrianACR
06-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Anyone planning a time and place to meet up in Edmonton on the 18th and head to Red Deer together?

Viktimize
06-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Anyone planning a time and place to meet up in Edmonton on the 18th and head to Red Deer together?

We can. I know Matt and I are heading down. I live in Leduc, so usually we just meet at the Shell on Discovery Way in Leduc and take off from there. 7:30am would give us time to get there with no rush.

Turk
06-07-2016, 03:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing Victor. 730am at the Shell in Leduc works for me.

LmeaViper
06-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Anyone else planning on coming from Calgary?

Viktimize
06-08-2016, 12:29 AM
Anyone else planning on coming from Calgary?

If you're the one that emailed me today, then you're the only RSVP so far. If you're not the one that emailed, then there is someone else coming up.

BrianACR
06-08-2016, 03:07 PM
730 at the Shell on discovery way in Leduc works for me! I'll see you guys there.

LmeaViper
06-08-2016, 07:41 PM
If you're the one that emailed me today, then you're the only RSVP so far. If you're not the one that emailed, then there is someone else coming up.

Hah, that was me.

Redx
06-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Won't make this one(the 18th) have fun guys!

Turk
06-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Just a quick reminder of the event happening tomorrow. We are meeting at Gasoline Alley in Red Deer for a 9am departure. Hopefully we see you there.

Hammer13
06-19-2016, 10:11 AM
Hi guys, new to this forum and plan to buy my membership this weekend. I live in Cranbroook and for those of you travelling to Kalispell etc at the beginning of July we were there 3 weeks ago and a lot the Hotels are taking Canadian dollar on par. They have been hurting due to low dollar so they had to do something to attract Canadians again. We stayed at the holiday inn by Cabelas, nice hotel.

FYI...... We will looking to join up hopefully however unlikely due to travelling back and forth to Children's Hospital in Calgary.

Turk
06-19-2016, 06:24 PM
Hammer13, welcome to the forum. Thanks for the tidbit on the hotels in Kalispell. Hopefully everything goes well for you at the Children's Hospital.

Turk
06-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Thank you to everyone who made it out to our Event in Red Deer/Lake Louise. We had a great turnout. Don't forget that our next event is coming up very quickly on July 1-4 in Montana/Washington.

BrianACR
06-24-2016, 04:24 PM
You got any more pics from the trip?

Viktimize
06-24-2016, 08:51 PM
If anyone wants a room for the July long weekend trip, speak now or forever hold your peace. I'm cancelling any unspoken for rooms in the next day or so.

Turk
07-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Here is the video from our Montana event.

https://youtu.be/iZfBhdNzyKs