PDA

View Full Version : The Official Announcement - NVE3 Is Here!!

SmoknTires
05-20-2016, 07:08 AM
The National Viper Event (NVE) is no small thing and takes 2 1/2 years to plan. It brings hundreds of Vipers, and many more hundreds of club members, together for some fun in a unique location. We've been working on the next NVE even before NVE2 was completed. And as we usually do, we revealed the next NVE location on the last night of NVE2. It's no longer a secret that our next NVE location will be none other than.... Las Vegas, NV!!

As we've done with previous NVEs, we will be creating a vacation style event that caters as much to individuals and their families as it does the cars. We'll have VERY special NVE3 branded gifts for both men and women. We'll also be building in some free time in strategic places to allow folks to gather with those they wish to spend more time with (and to allow for some rest, car wash time, etc...). We'll also be arranging optional excursions for members to enjoy. And of course we'll also have some nice dinners, tours, cruises, free giveaways, track, etc... And oh yeah, we'll also be giving away another $100K Viper... It's what we do! :.)

We hope you can all join us when the time comes! This is an international event bringing VOA members together from all over the world. It's the largest gathering of Vipers anywhere in the world, no one else does it on this scale and to this level!

Those who attended NVE2 in New Orleans learned of the location of NVE3 by way of a short reveal video shown at the end of the last evening. CLICK HERE (http://www.driveviper.com/uploads/NVE3-Final.mp4)to see the video if you'd like!

You can't have a bad time in Vegas (I think it's a scientific fact!). Vipers will invade the city, there will be nowhere you can't stand where you won't hear that familiar rumble. We hope to see you there in 2018!!

drewsss
05-20-2016, 07:26 AM
I'm IN!!!

swexlin
05-20-2016, 07:35 AM
I'm interested in coming to this one, but will need hotel/dates/info as I need to ask for time off from work well in advance. Won't bring the viper (would be somewhere around a 4000 mile round trip) but could fly in.

dewilmoth
05-20-2016, 08:43 AM
My wife and I will try to make it depending on dates.

Stretch
05-20-2016, 09:23 AM
Is this early April or late April???? On average we can't get the Vipers out around us until mid April due to the salt on the roads.

SmoknTires
05-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Right now it's looking like mid to end of April. April is perfect month there, but we know that it's not great elsewhere. We're actually looking at other months just in case things line up. Major venues are generally selected and free time overlapped - and that's what you generally have to pick from (and I doubt Dec or Jan work for anyone... ;.). April was the best available but we're also exploring some shifting that could make late in the year also possible... the final date will get nailed down soon, folks will know it at least 20 months in advance for sure.

Stretch
05-20-2016, 11:51 AM
Thanks!!

Coloviper
05-20-2016, 12:25 PM
I am definitely there for that one and driving my Viper (either the 96' or hopefully GEN V by then). Just make sure that $100k giveaway car is the LAST Viper off the line Alex. Can't wait and looking very forward to it. Rick

J TNT
05-20-2016, 12:47 PM
What a Perfect way to celebrate my Birthday........lol ! :very_drunk:

Boba Fett
05-22-2016, 04:22 PM
las vegas speedway???? spring mtn racetrack???

SmoknTires
05-22-2016, 07:49 PM
Speedway is the most likely for convenience (due to distance) but we're in talks with spring mountain to create leverage in the negotiations.

Boba Fett
05-22-2016, 08:28 PM
Speedway is the most likely for convenience (due to distance) but we're in talks with spring mountain to create leverage in the negotiations.

awesome-I think including a track day for all NVE's should be a must. Def the highlight of the trip for me

SmoknTires
05-22-2016, 09:48 PM
Absolutely. Will always to be a part of NVE. We want a well rounded event, and the recipe we have for the track day gives people more track time than they can handle.

mnc2886
05-22-2016, 11:08 PM
This is great. Already told the misses what we are doing for our anniversary in 2018. Guess it's time to join the VOA.

My98RT10
05-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Very good news! I hope I can make it and come over then. I have to join that event at least once in my life ;-) BTW: are international owners eligible for the door prize, too?? LOL

SmoknTires
05-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Of course they are. However, you'll have to take care of that shipping... ;.)

Viktimize
05-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Too bad I wasn't located in Vegas yet. Would love to help put this event together in some fashion. In my 8 or 9 trips to Vegas I have never had a bad time yet. I even bought my first Viper there and drove it back to Canada. Fingers crossed that a more driver friendly month opens up for us. The turn out of cars at this years NVE was awesome, it would be great to see a turn out like that again. Vegas is close enough that I will tow down through the snow if I have to.

72hemi
05-23-2016, 11:56 AM
We will definitely be there! Can't wait for Vegas.

BrianACR
05-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Too bad I wasn't located in Vegas yet. Would love to help put this event together in some fashion. In my 8 or 9 trips to Vegas I have never had a bad time yet. I even bought my first Viper there and drove it back to Canada. Fingers crossed that a more driver friendly month opens up for us. The turn out of cars at this years NVE was awesome, it would be great to see a turn out like that again. Vegas is close enough that I will tow down through the snow if I have to.
Definitely want to go to this one!!! Maybe we can gather up a few guys from the area and save a few $$ on hauling?

SmoknTires
05-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Consolidating transport is BIG. If you have 6 people to fill a truck then the discounts are really good (actually fairly cheap). The trick is definitely to gather a group if you can. from your region.

Viktimize
05-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Definitely want to go to this one!!! Maybe we can gather up a few guys from the area and save a few $$ on hauling?

I'll be gone to Kelowna by then, but I'm sure there will be at least a few guys from Edmonton area going down. Worst case scenario I would just get or borrow an open trailer and shrink wrap the car to tow it down myself.

I'd be more than happy to organize a convoy down from Kelowna if any Alberta guy can get their cars down that way and leave from there. But we shall wait till the event gets closer to start figuring out those details.

viperr
05-23-2016, 10:15 PM
I am in! It will be a great drive down to Las Vegas. Including a real track day is a great idea. No more pretend track laps.

Torquemonster06
05-23-2016, 10:58 PM
Vegas sounds awesome. Its going to be our 25th wedding anniversary and the wife thought it would be a blast to celebrate it with everyone. Not to mention winning the car for a present would be the BEST.

C-Bass
05-23-2016, 11:41 PM
CAN'T WAIT!!! Gonna be one helluva way to celebrate my 35th birthday AND a new Viper would be the best gift EVER. Around April 22nd is a great time for this btw.

My98RT10
05-24-2016, 04:30 AM
Of course they are. However, you'll have to take care of that shipping... ;.)

I would manage that, for sure!

BTW: I'll be in Vegas in July this year for a couple of days. Will also meet a former Viper owner there.... seems like my next trip to Vegas is already penciled in ;-)

Vprbite
05-26-2016, 06:02 AM
I'm interested in coming to this one, but will need hotel/dates/info as I need to ask for time off from work well in advance. Won't bring the viper (would be somewhere around a 4000 mile round trip) but could fly in.

Meh. We did over 3k round trip for New Orleans. Totally worth it.

supersnake
05-27-2016, 08:13 AM
Definitely want to go to this one!!! Maybe we can gather up a few guys from the area and save a few $$ on hauling? We will be going but we will drive it. It's just a nice run to Vegas in a Viper. Just gotta slow down through Beaver County. We Drove down for VOI9 and it was a blast.

SmoknTires
05-27-2016, 01:40 PM
For sure. In the old days when I was a regional president I always used to assemble a pre-national-event-trip. Basically the ride down, but I'd add actual events (tours, dinners, etc...). The trip down was often as much fun as the event itself. We'd often do a 4-5 days before the event. Made it a nice long week and since your coming down with the car, might as well make some cool memories as you're likely not going to have your car there again anytime soon. So the road trips (for those who can do them) have actually always been a high point with me and sets up a nice NVE to follow.

Something for folks to consider as when I mention it, I can tell some don't consider it. You can always do a one way trip in your car, but then ship it back one way. Doing the drive once is really fun, but the 2nd time around can feel mundane. So doing the trip either direction, and then shipping the car the opposite direction is a good way to get the best of both worlds (and eases the total time of the trip - as driving takes time!).

IndyRon
05-31-2016, 02:30 PM
My Dream would be an NVE in May and be able to run the Nevada Open Road challenge while I'm there. Just sayin' :witless:

Vprbite
05-31-2016, 06:13 PM
My Dream would be an NVE in May and be able to run the Nevada Open Road challenge while I'm there. Just sayin' :witless:

Do you mean the silver state classic?

If so, some caveats about that. You are in classes according to speed, but first year you will be in the touring class, not to exceed 124mph with a target speed of 110, no exceptions. If you outrun your speed, you don't get your time and can be cited by police. As you go up in classes, you need more safety equipment. Touring class requires, at the very least, an extinguisher. The second class from there requires window nets on up. You may have that already. But if not, make sure you check before entering what will be required.

It used to be you just signed up and went, but not so much anymore.

ClayR
06-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Vegas is my home away from home. Can't wait!

Turk
06-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Can't wait for Vegas! I hope we get a mild winter up here in Canada that year so I don't have to worry about putting the car on a trailer (to get passed all the snow).

donk_316
06-24-2016, 02:55 AM
Yeah April is going to be either snow or 2" of gravel and dirt on the roads for 99% of Canada. Dont even know if i could get my car out of the garage in April.

Maybe i could trailer it down... I dunno, lets see if they move it to a better month.

Just realized this is for APRIL 2018!! haha! maybe i can instal the Pirelli Hoverboard tires by then.

Turk
08-28-2016, 06:21 PM
looks like according to the NVE3 webpage its been moved to May 2-5, 2018. For us Alberta people, by moving it into May we have a much better chance of driving down. Thank you to whoever decided to move it to May.

SmoknTires
08-28-2016, 07:20 PM
You guys don't miss a thing! We just updated the website. At least we know folks are looking!

Yes indeed, lots of VERY exciting things have now been solidified. A change we've been pursuing was a change in date to buy us slightly better weather for northerners who kay still have snow up north. The perfect date is 1st week of May, which is the latest you can go before hitting holidays like mothers day and then graduations. This wasn't available to us... until now! After final negotiations with the track took place, we requested they ask their other customer if they would move their date - and they did! So NVE3 will happen the 1st week in May. We couldn't have it better.

We're pretty far ahead of the curve relative on details. I can say this should be one hell of an event... Can't wait to reveal the next level of details, coming shortly!

Stretch
08-29-2016, 11:14 AM
Cool thanks for helping to get May! Marking the calendar now.

RdyPlr1
12-14-2016, 11:12 AM
Spring mountain is booked April 22-23 with Speed Ventures huge track day.

awesome-I think including a track day for all NVE's should be a must. Def the highlight of the trip for me
Agreed 100%

No hemi
02-09-2017, 02:42 PM
oohhhh so ready for it!!