PDA

View Full Version : June 12th Lobster Roll Event! Biggest event of the year. Sign up now!!

Martin2000GTS
05-17-2016, 10:36 PM
New England Viper Owners Association !

We are about 3 and a half weeks away from what has become one of the biggest events of the year! Last year we had 36 vipers ! I would like to break that record this year! We added another member to the band to add to the music. We also have a special guest flying in for this event. Once we hit 35 vipers I will reveal the special guest otherwise it will just have to be a surprise! This person is flying in from far away just to come to our event!! So sign up ASAP if you want to know who it is!

We will have a professional photographer for this event and will most likely be in the magazine this year. Chris will be taking shots from his drone as well. If you are a viper member please bring your viper this year and not another car (in past years we brought other cars to add to the car show feel) This year we are looking to add some nice pics for a potential magazine article and want as many vipers as we can. We have members coming from NY and maybe as far as NJ and PA! I’m sending this out to all members!

Cruise is still up in the air but we will have something planned out with approximate noon time arrival for party start!

- All you can eat lobster rolls! Hot dogs Hamburger and drinks all included
- Dream Garage viewing, with man cave, wood shop, lift bay, and many classic and new cars
- Live band!
- Car show atmosphere with lawn parking preferred (yes we want you to park on the lawn/ yeard)
- Friends and family of home owners will be there with many other cars as well
- Fireworks and camp fire if you stay late enough!
- VOA Merchandise sales
- 50/50 raffle (last year hit $800!!)
- 2015 & 2016 event collages set up in the garage to see what you’re missing!
- ***Bring Chairs*** and relax on the lawn under a tree and have a cold one and listen to some good music and talk with friends!

Past Stats – 150 people, 80+ total cars, 36+ vipers!

Please sign up on the evite that was sent out May 3rd. Or just email, call, or text me that you will be coming. Please RSVP as early as possible to make it easier for planning. Please only bring one guest max.

YOU MUST RSVP for this event no exceptions. Please please sign up early! Please PM me for location as we do not want to post it on a public forum.

Hope to see you there!!

Thanks,
Martin Distelbrink
President
New England Viper Owners Association

capevettes
05-18-2016, 06:10 AM
I'm in. Sounds like a great event. The Cape get together the weekend before should be fun too.

daveg
05-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Paul, if you want to hook up and go to the Lobster event together, let me know...
Had a great time at Bass Pro the other night... Thanks for the beer as well.....

capevettes
05-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Paul, if you want to hook up and go to the Lobster event together, let me know...
Had a great time at Bass Pro the other night... Thanks for the beer as well.....

Hi Dave, I just got home from 3 days up in Vermont. My son in law graduated from the Vt State Police Academy Friday. I enjoyed getting together with you at Bass as well. Absolutely, sounds great cruising up together to the lobster event. We did away with 20 lobsters up in Derby Vt. at the party after the graduation. All brought up there from the Cape. I will see you at the Cape event before the lobster cruise. Both events should be fun.

Martin2000GTS
05-24-2016, 08:20 AM
You guys getting pumped? we have 29 vipers already signed up for the event! 6 more and we will reveal the special guest! Last year we had 29 vipers, 30 members (One did not have his car), 36 viper owners (6 were newbies that became members after that event, Dave you were one of them!) and 6 members brought other cars besides vipers because we encourage bringing other cars if you wanted to. However this year make sure to only bring your viper as we are guaranteed to have a nice spread in the magazine with professional pictures being taken. We will grab some nice drone shots as well of the property with all the cars! Its gonna be a great time! Please RSVP here, text, email, or by evite! c YA there!

Martin2000GTS
05-24-2016, 08:46 AM
Just checked the evite we are up to 31 vipers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 more and the surprised guest will be revealed!

Martin2000GTS
05-26-2016, 11:35 PM
32 vipers!

Martin2000GTS
05-30-2016, 05:31 PM
Hey Guys we are up to 37 members and 35 vipers (1 viper out of commission, and one member sold his viper, hopefully a new one is in the pipe line). This will be a record for most vipers at an event. Please make sure to bring your viper and not another car (unless your viper is out of commission of course) We are guaranteed to be in the magazine with this event I was told. I guess we hit the #35 so I'm supposed to tell you who the special guest is! The special guest is Maurice Liang. Most of you know Maurice. But for those who dont, he is the founder of the VCA and recent VOA . He was also the national president for the first 3 years of the VOA. He will be flying in from CA just for our event. He will also be our professional photographer for the day! Get excited because this party is going to be huge!

- - - Updated - - -

RSVP's will end on June 5th no exceptions.

daveg
05-30-2016, 05:42 PM
Martin, that's great. He personally signed one of his books for me! This events going to be awesome!!!!

Evil v10
05-30-2016, 06:32 PM
Steven and Maria are in from Ct.

Martin2000GTS
05-31-2016, 09:34 AM
We are up to 39 members and 37 vipers! holy cow this is insane. (2 members vipers are out of commission) The crazy thing is that many of the regulars cant make it because of prior engagements. The great thing is that we have a lot of new faces as well.

Martin2000GTS
05-31-2016, 11:53 PM
We are up to 41 members and 39 vipers! holy cow!

Martin2000GTS
06-03-2016, 12:33 AM
New England Viper Owners Association - This is very important that you read everything if you are coming to this event.

- We are up to 41 Vipers! This is a record! Last day to RSVP is Sunday the 5th midnight. No exceptions. Please take the time to read everything below it is a long email but very important to insure for a smooth and easy day. Please please read this all.

- Please only bring one guest (in your viper). Must bring your viper as your ticket into the event! (unless we have already spoke because you don’t have viper ready) The reason we are so anal about RSVP’s and bringing your viper is because we have had many past incidents of random people showing up and people we don’t know, we try and avoid this because it’s somewhat of a “security risk” as we are allowing these people in our homes and around our nice cars. All cars & people need to be accounted for. We also don’t post any addresses on public forums as we don’t want random party crashers. Please only bring your one guest. And please RSVP. Please do not come without RSVP’ing with a “YES” on the evite or by contacting me by email, text, or phone call before June 5th midnight.

- The home owners will have family and friends at the event just like last year. As most of you know the whole family and all their friends are major car enthusiasts and all respect fine automobiles. So rest assured your car will be safe. I also personally know every single person at the party (except for a few of the viper owner’s guests)

- Please bring chairs for you and your guest, you will want to sit and relax. It won’t be fun to stand the whole time. There won’t be any extra chairs. Please bring your own chairs you will be happy you did.

- We have emailed everyone coming to the event where the meeting spot for the cruise will be. Please PM me if you did not get the email.

- Parking - For anyone not participating in the cruise if you could arrive before 12 noon (between 11:30-11:45) so we can assist you with parking in “the right spot”. This year because we will be featured in the magazine we would like all cars to park on the property (driveway and lawn) and not on the street. YES THAT’S RIGHT PARK ON THE LAWN. We will have people showing you where to park your car. When parking on the lawn please be considerate of the lawn, pretty much if you are staying for a while we will have you park in the drive way (ideal picture spot), if you won’t be staying for a while we will park you on the lawn. The home has a 2 inch curb height so pretty much the lowest car can make it on the lawn with no problems. Please do not park on the street there should be plenty of lawn parking. When all the vipers arrive from the cruise we will show you where to park as well. Please look for the parking team to assist you on where to park. Please be patient as you might be idling in your car for a few minutes until someone tells you where to park. If we can pull this off it will make for great pictures. This is also an easy way to decipher who should be at the party and who shouldn’t be. Anyone parked on the street should only be family members and personal friends that do not have an exotic car.

- We are looking for helpers in stuffing the lobster rolls. If you or your guest would like to help participate it would be greatly appreciated. We will probably be starting around noon time upon arrival. We will have over 200 lobster rolls to stuff so the more help the merrier 

- Please consider supporting the club at this event. There is no cost to this event. We will be selling club t-shirts, overnight bags, 50/50 raffles, Rusty’s random donation Fish bowl tank will be there as well. All proceeds go directly to our Regional club. We may also have some fun games set up as well.

- We will have some nice displays of all of last year’s events and this year’s events for your viewing pleasure inside the main 3 car garage. There will also be a big display on what many of you missed at NVE 2 in New Orleans. We will have a video running on a big TV of Rick and Shawn’s hilarious video that was shown at the Christmas party last year. It’s about 15 minutes long but we will play it on repeat in one of the garages, please make sure to check it out. Also feel free to check out the home owners dream garage and car collection in the carriage house. Feel free to eat as much as you want, make some friends, listen to music, check out cars, or find a nice spot to set up your chairs and converse with good friends. Please be patient with the cooking team, as they are all donating their time to try and feed 150 people.

- Food – This is a “lobster roll” event. So the main dish will be lobster rolls. If you don’t like lobster rolls we will have burgers and hotdogs as well for the non-seafood people. After everyone has gotten a lobster roll please feel free to grab another one or more until they are all gone. Please leave the burgers and hot dogs for the non-seafood people. Last year we had plenty left over! Enjoy!

- Group picture – We plan on taking a group picture somewhere on the property sooner than later. We will have the band make an announcement. Most likely we will be doing this group picture before 12:30, please listen carefully for the announcement. This picture will be in the magazine!

- Bathroom - Please use only the bathroom in the “carriage house” (gigantic garage across from the house), the bathroom is upstairs and will be clearly marked. The main house will be a mad house with all the food running, we don’t want any accidents or have anyone in the way.

- I will be in Canada and tough to reach after Sunday the 5th until Friday the 10th. If you have any questions please email me but expect a slow response time. Also on the morning of the event please stick to text messaging me as opposed to calling me unless it’s an emergency. If you need anything please text me. I hope everyone read everything above it will make the day much easier for everyone. Sorry for all the information I just want to make sure we have a perfect day and keep all 150 people happy. Thanks and Ill seeya Sunday the 12th at the Park and Ride! It’s going to be a great day!

Martin2000GTS
06-03-2016, 10:13 PM
UPDATE!!! Tim C will be driving his one of one Shelby Viper GTS to the Event! The only one in existence, the only one ever made!!! Will be at the Lobster Roll event!!! We are up to 44 vipers and 47 members!!!!June 5th deadline for signing up. RSVP's will close Sunday night, no exceptions sorry.

Martin-

Martin2000GTS
06-05-2016, 03:38 PM
We are up to 46 vipers and 49 members !!!

99ACR
06-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Hey Martin, is it to late to sign up? If not Sherri and I will join you!

Thanks
Dennis

Martin2000GTS
06-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Dennis,
I will shoot you a PM. thanks!
Martin-

ssgsnake
06-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Awesome day great to see everyone once again. Thanks Martin and D and Family. Over 50 Vipers !!

daveg
06-12-2016, 04:17 PM
I Concur. Thanks Martin, Dominque and family. As usual, great event. It was also nice seeing Maurice, had a nice conversation with him...

whitebeard
06-12-2016, 05:23 PM
A great time was had by all. Loved the 1 of 1 Shelby viper!!!

Propsail
06-12-2016, 11:16 PM
It was definitely a blast. Thanks so much!

capevettes
06-13-2016, 06:49 AM
Thanks Martin and Dominique. Well done!! We had a great time. Beautiful setting. Lots of nice cars and great people. I showed great restraint and only ate 3 lobster rolls.

#3VOIX
06-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Great time yesterday! Thank you Martin, Dominique & Family for having this awesome event!

Evil v10
06-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Great day yesterday Martin
Thanks to Dominiques family Dominique and you for having us
Great time
The town of sandwich is so peaceful
We're having a restful day🏎
Hope to see you soon

capevettes
06-13-2016, 01:38 PM
I have a few pics from yesterday to share:

whitebeard
06-13-2016, 02:56 PM
It was very much a pleasure meeting a number of you yesterday. And it was an amazing home and family. Martin and all are amazing.

City
06-13-2016, 04:22 PM
Geeze ... one of "us" participated outside our virtual world! Hope WB left some lobster rolls for the NE members! :D

daveg
06-13-2016, 05:14 PM
I have a few pics from yesterday to share:
http://driveviper.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18070&stc=1
http://driveviper.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18071&stc=1
http://driveviper.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18072&stc=1
http://driveviper.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18073&stc=1I noticed the "award winning get-a-way car" was just about in every picture... What's up with that? Need a magnifying glass to see mine in just one of them.. LOL.....
OK, maybe I am exaggerating a little.. Cangrats on the award...

capevettes
06-13-2016, 05:48 PM
I noticed the "award winning get-a-way car" was just about in every picture... What's up with that? Need a magnifying glass to see mine in just one of them.. LOL.....
OK, maybe I am exaggerating a little.. Cangrats on the award...
Dave, He who brings the camera gets the priority shots!!!!! I think I could see a peak of your B&W in one of the photos in the driveway. I must confess that my wife took the photos. It was a great time. Not sure everyone enjoyed those cigars as much as we did.

Wot!
06-13-2016, 06:42 PM
I can't believe I missed this.

daveg
06-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Not sure everyone enjoyed those cigars as much as we did.What gives you that impression, the empty chairs around us? Thanks for the stogy!