PDA

View Full Version : NOLA Lap Times?

Nine Ball
05-16-2016, 08:54 PM
http://www.chinmotorsports.com/images/Tracks/nola.png

I know a few of us had timers, but none of us have ever visited NOLA Motorsports before. My best lap was a 1:57.8, but it was a sloppy pass and I missed at least 2 lines on that banzai run. I only got 3 non-traffic laps the entire day, as my spirited fun was cut short on curbing a wheel on the T7 bump strips that I straddled. Damage was cosmetic, I still drove 7 hrs home.

Vehicle setup:

2014 TA 1.0
Arrow PCM
American Racing Headers + Corsa exhaust
Carbotech brake pads
Stock Pirelli Corsa tires (these were only good about 13-14 minutes for me, then began to understeer more and more).

Excellent track, btw. I had a blast out there!

Tony

FLATOUT
05-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Agree awesome time out there Tony. After following Mike L and Ben my lap times started falling. My personal quickest on Toyo R888's was a 1:54. I know Ben and Mike were quicker than I was.

mjorgensen
05-17-2016, 10:53 AM
I have never been at this track or even in this car and because of that did not feel I was really pushing it because it's not mine LOL. The Owner/friend JD timed me in the 1:47's. This is a Arrow Heads and cam car with Belanger/Corsa and MCS suspension we set up. Can't wait to try it out (maybe) with the 19/18 Forgelines and Michelin slicks!

Nine Ball
05-17-2016, 12:49 PM
1:47 wasn't pushing it? Damn.

Nambo
05-17-2016, 01:37 PM
1:47 wasn't pushing it? Damn.

I didn't put the Solo DL back in at Mark's request as he didn't want to chase lap times in someone else's car (wish I would have now, would have been a great learning tool). After a few laps and with a clear track he was really moving and I had a feeling that he was laying down some pretty sweet lap times so I took the iPhone timer out and started clocking his laps. First one I recorded was a 1:52, next was a 1:50, then 1:48, then the 1:47 and the session was over. Wonder how low he could have gone with more time? Most impressive driving Mark! Best I got was a 1:55 so I have a lot of work to do...

mjorgensen
05-18-2016, 08:52 AM
I didn't put the Solo DL back in at Mark's request as he didn't want to chase lap times in someone else's car (wish I would have now, would have been a great learning tool). After a few laps and with a clear track he was really moving and I had a feeling that he was laying down some pretty sweet lap times so I took the iPhone timer out and started clocking his laps. First one I recorded was a 1:52, next was a 1:50, then 1:48, then the 1:47 and the session was over. Wonder how low he could have gone with more time? Most impressive driving Mark! Best I got was a 1:55 so I have a lot of work to do...

Thanks again JD always a treat to drive your cars and make sure that what I do to them is right for you ;-) Only a true friend would trust me on the track with such an expensive piece of art!

mnc2886
05-18-2016, 01:49 PM

G-D!!

Mark,

You may want to consider writing a letter to MotorTrend next time they want Pobst to test the Viper...

mjorgensen
05-18-2016, 02:08 PM
Ummm NO LOL I would be :owned:

G-D!!

Mark,

You may want to consider writing a letter to MotorTrend next time they want Pobst to test the Viper...

FLATOUT
05-18-2016, 03:41 PM
Very fast Mark, rediculous haw fast the new ACR's are stock and how much faster they are after we breath on them a little. Well done.

Andy

XSnake
05-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Never got in a car. I was gonna jump in Ron's new ACR for a session but he got pretty conservative with his front tires.