PDA

View Full Version : Viper as a rainy day race car (race video from Pacific Raceways)

MomentaryRacing
05-16-2016, 05:43 PM
Who would have thought these cars make such great "bad weather" race cars? :anonymous:

Car Tender Challenge at Pacific Raceways last weekend. GT1/2/3 + ITE and ST run group. We start in 3rd position, tangle with GT1 car with some off track action halfway into the video, catch back up and finish in 2nd place in the group, 1st in GT. Video stops before the end of the race as the camera battery drains down - oh well.

Thank you again to our supporters - RB Performance Brakes and Viper PartsRack - Jon worked the pace car all weekend - thankfully, it was not needed during this particular race :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHCAty0-3fs

viperr
05-16-2016, 11:55 PM
Nice video. I have run track days in the dry and that track can be difficult. I am very impressed with how you ran. The wet track looked nasty. Keep up the good work.

P.S. we enjoyed the race at the Ridge a few weeks ago.

Fatboy 18
05-17-2016, 01:25 AM
Awesome, Loved that, my butt puckered up at 18:29 in the video, thought you were going to loose it! Great Driving. Thanks for posting the video :)

MomentaryRacing
05-17-2016, 01:35 AM
Awesome, Loved that, my butt puckered up at 18:29 in the video, thought you were going to loose it! Great Driving. Thanks for posting the video :)

Thank you. That was definitely an unnerving moment! It's fun to hang it out in these cars, but not like that!

Fatboy 18
05-17-2016, 02:43 AM
What tires were you running?

str5010
05-17-2016, 06:17 AM
Thanks posting the video I really enjoyed it! Which dash and rear camera system are you using? They both appear to have high quality displays.

Heysie
05-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Great video.
I thought that in America you don't race in the wet?

Angel&Sean
05-17-2016, 10:49 AM
Great video.

:smilielol:

MomentaryRacing
05-17-2016, 11:27 AM
Great video.

Thank you. There's some truth to that - out of 6 or 7 GT classes cars, everyone but myself and the stock car that started in position 2, had packed and left when they saw the forecast :(

We ran H2O Hoosier tires (DOT tire). Rear view camera is Alpine - very good unit. The monitor is a cheap eBay unit, and it needs to be replaced already, after only 2 races (it is starting to fail due to vibration damage, although picture quality is not bad, when it is working). We spent some time on that system shielding the wiring and otherwise protecting it from RF interference - that seemed to be the key to getting a good, stable video.

freedom5
05-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Great video