PDA

View Full Version : I challenge every VOA member!

daytonprowler
01-01-2014, 04:22 PM
We are looking forward folks!

I CHALLENGE EVERY VOA MEMBER TO ATTEND
AT LEAST ONE IMSA (formerly ALMS) RACE FOR 2014!

Come out and support Team SRT this year at an IMSA race near you. Even if you are not that into racing, you will have a GREAT time. There will be SRT corrals for parking your Vipers at the track, great food and drink, and just a good old time with your VOA friends.
SRT will offer special ticket/hospitality packages.

So whether you are a diehard racer or just like to show-n-shine,
there is something for everyone at an SRT Motorsports event!
Tell your VOA Regional President, "I want to go to a race!"

Check www.drivesrt.com (http://www.drivesrt.com) and www.driveviper.com (http://www.driveviper.com) for information on the races,
special packages, and your VOA regional participation.

IMSA - SRT Motorsports Races for 2014
Event information http://www.imsa.com/series/united-sportscar/schedule

January 23-26 Rolex 24 at Daytona

March 12-15 12 Hours of Sebring

April 11-13 Grand Prix of Long Beach

May 3-4 Laguna Seca

May 30-31 Belle Isle

June 6-7 Kansas Speedway

June 27-29 Watkins Glen, NY

July 12-13 Canadian Tire Motorsport

July 24-25 Brickyard Grand Prix

August 8-10 Road America Wisconsin

August 23-24 VIR Virginia International Raceway

September 19-20 Circuit of the Americas

October 2-4 Petit Le Mans

Come out and support YOUR team, the SRT Motorsports Team!!

http://cdn-0.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/1500000/1570000/1572000/1572600/1572680/s1_1.jpg

XSnake
01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I'll be at at least 2 of them.

If one is in your area you should def. go.

ViperSmith
01-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Is SRT sponsoring them still?

XSnake
01-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Yes, 2 Factory Vipers (GTLM) and Ben's Viper Exchange GT3-R (GTD) are running the full season

daytonprowler
01-01-2014, 05:10 PM

YEP.

http://www.imsa.com/series/united-sportscar/schedule Go to the bottom of the page, there is a rotating band of sponsors.

GT Venum
01-01-2014, 05:15 PM
We are planning on going to Road America August 8-10.

First have to get through the winter and bring the snake out of hibernation.

MtnBiker
01-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Great event. My wife and I attended last year at CoTA. SRT hospitality was great. We are going again this year. Already have my hotel booked at Lost Pines.

Kurt
01-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Agree with all of the above. Went to Lime Rock last year, and the SRT hospitality was first class. Excellent food, an air conditioned trailer, nice car corral, and great people. They also offered VIP passes into the paddock. Definitely a great Viper event. Will be going to Daytona and Watkins Glen this year.

Fatboy 18
01-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Oooooooh, that sounds like fighting talk Randall :D

Well Ile be at the 24Hrs of Le mans, How come that is not listed in the program?

I wonder if I could sneek in the Circuit of Americas if I planed a family Vacation :D

XSnake
01-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Agree with all of the above. Went to Lime Rock last year, and the SRT hospitality was first class. Excellent food, an air conditioned trailer, nice car corral, and great people. They also offered VIP passes into the paddock. Definitely a great Viper event. Will be going to Daytona and Watkins Glen this year.
See ya at Daytona

Ohiotj
01-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I can't wait to go to the one at mid-ohio. Oh wait...

72hemi
01-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Challenge accepted! I will at the very least be at Laguna Seca.

ViperTony
01-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Watkins Glen here. :dude3:

Propsail
01-01-2014, 09:10 PM
no lime rock this year?

ViperTony
01-01-2014, 09:18 PM
no lime rock this year?

I had the same reaction when I saw the schedule. :(

The_Greg
01-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Road America is my 'home track'. I'll be there! (and have been the last 3-4 years, even before SRT was back in it)

Leslie
01-02-2014, 09:24 AM
I had a blast watching them at Mid OHio!

ViperSmith
01-02-2014, 10:58 AM
<complaining>

My only gripe (and yes you can call me a brat) was I felt SRT should have comp'd owners of Vipers at the events, or discounted tickets heavily to us.

As someone who had just bought a new Viper, I'd have liked tickets to the Baltimore Grand Prix last year. I didn't want to pay $190 to drive up to Baltimore for an afternoon (and seeing what a disaster that race was, good decision!). A nominal cost and I would have been in.

If anything, it would have been a great way to get owners of previous gen vipers to see the new gen vipers - a bit of "free" advertising.

</complaining>

ViperPassion
01-02-2014, 11:56 AM
you missed the best one : the 24h of le MANS on June 2014 :dude3: in FRANCE !!!!

Who come ?
:o

Fatboy 18
01-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Sorry if this seems like a bit of a thread Hi Jack but I have a question for you guys and Girls. Its been too long that I have not had a Vacation in the USA!

Now the August dates for either Road America Wisconsin or VIR Virginia International Raceway could fit into a 2 week Fly Drive Vacation :D

My question is if you could choose only one of them, which one would you choose?

daytonprowler
01-02-2014, 02:14 PM
you missed the best one : the 24h of le MANS on June 2014 :dude3: in FRANCE !!!!

Who come ?
:o

I'll be there again in June. My friend David lives in Angers. We had a blast last year.

ViperSmith
01-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Sorry if this seems like a bit of a thread Hi Jack but I have a question for you guys and Girls. Its been too long that I have not had a Vacation in the USA!

Now the August dates for either Road America Wisconsin or VIR Virginia International Raceway could fit into a 2 week Fly Drive Vacation :D

My question is if you could choose only one of them, which one would you choose?

I think VIR would be better - because you are closer to DC and can even swing to NYC (I think 6-7hr from there to NYC by car)

Do let us VA/DC members know if you make it!

FLATOUT
01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Great event. My wife and I attended last year at CoTA. SRT hospitality was great. We are going again this year. Already have my hotel booked at Lost Pines.

I have never been to an ALMS event but would love to go the one at COTA this year. For those of us that haven't been what is involved with the SRT Car Corral? Do we get to display our cars there (forgive my ignorance) or is this simply a place for the factory to show off it's drivers and race vehicles?

MtnBiker since you have been maybe I can chat with you about the race and your experience there last year.

Andy

Fatboy 18
01-02-2014, 04:08 PM
I think VIR would be better - because you are closer to DC and can even swing to NYC (I think 6-7hr from there to NYC by car)

Do let us VA/DC members know if you make it!Will do, thank you for the reply :)

J TNT
01-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Done ! Canadian Tire Motorsport , and going again ! ;)

daytonprowler
01-02-2014, 04:23 PM
I have never been to an ALMS event but would love to go the one at COTA this year. For those of us that haven't been what is involved with the SRT Car Corral? Do we get to display our cars there (forgive my ignorance) or is this simply a place for the factory to show off it's drivers and race vehicles?

MtnBiker since you have been maybe I can chat with you about the race and your experience there last year.
Andy

All of the above!

Place to display your cars, a factory/manufacturer display, and a place to meet the drivers and see the inner workings of the SRT Motorsports crew. Also, a place to sit (inside or outside) and watch the race via the SRT Motorsports rig: Couches, tables, food, drink, big screen TVs, AIR CONDITIONING.

01sapphirebob
01-02-2014, 04:26 PM
All of the above!

Place to display your cars, a factory/manufacturer display, and a place to meet the drivers and see the inner workings of the SRT Motorsports crew. Also, a place to sit (inside or outside) and watch the race via the SRT Motorsports rig: Couches, tables, food, drink, big screen TVs, AIR CONDITIONING.

Sounds great to me!

smcf
01-02-2014, 08:10 PM
So what does the owners ticket get you that you don't get with the guest ticket, can you even buy only the guest tickets or does someone in your group have to have an owners ticket? I am flying in so I won't have my viper and if the special parking is just for srt cars that won't help me but if it is just a regular parking pass that might be nice. Also Daytona calls out infield access as separate from grandstand seating, do the srt tickets get you infield also? I have been to several alms races, but this is my first trip to Daytona and first 24hr race so I'm not sure how the tickets work.

XSnake
01-02-2014, 08:23 PM
So what does the owners ticket get you that you don't get with the guest ticket, can you even buy only the guest tickets or does someone in your group have to have an owners ticket? I am flying in so I won't have my viper and if the special parking is just for srt cars that won't help me but if it is just a regular parking pass that might be nice. Also Daytona calls out infield access as separate from grandstand seating, do the srt tickets get you infield also? I have been to several alms races, but this is my first trip to Daytona and first 24hr race so I'm not sure how the tickets work. for Daytona the SRT pass is an infield pass as SRT hospitality Is at T1 from what ive been told. You do NOT need an owners pass as you will not be bringing your car. The only difference between owner and guest is corral parking. For daytona the corral parking is VERY inconveinant and not worth any extra. I am not taking my car as its an extra $100 and the corral is a 1/4 outside the track.

Late Apex
01-03-2014, 11:22 AM
We will be at several of them starting with the 24 and waiting for an email or something to buy the VIP SRT pkg. at Daytona. Anyone know when and how the 24 hour VIP tix will go on sale???

MtnBiker
01-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Flatout, the event last year coincided with a regional 3 day [VCA] rendezvous. That was headquartered just northwest of Austin. So, it was a great opportunity to hang with fellow Viper owners. Maurice came out and was driving one of D'Ann's red Gen Vs. Friday was a wash out due to heavy rains. My wife and I spent the night at the Lost Pines Resort on Friday (numerous Ferraris and other exotics were there). Saturday morning we left early to meet the folks at the rendezvous in Austin. The planned drive was cancelled because the route was through canyon roads that would have had rocks/mud etc on them from previous days rains. So, the organizer had us go north to get to 45(?) to meet up with the new toll road back down to CoTA. That was a blast, 40 or more a Vipers ripping down the toll road together. Once at CoTA we had a reserved two rows in the A parking lot (across from the Vettes) and we filled with our Vipers. It was awesome, and only a stone's throw from the entrance to the track. The hospitality by SRT was very good. Food was okay (basic CoTA crap). Ralph showed (see the picture in my profile) and we had dedicated Q&A with the Team SRT drivers. That was cool. The SRT hospitality tent/air conditioned trailer was parked opposite end of pit lane and was much nicer, and had higher observation deck than the Corvette guys just next to us. It was cool listening to the respective cheers from our group and the Vette group whenever the cars swapped the lead. Access to paddock was good with driver autographs.

It was well worth the cost. Maurice was snapping photos the entire time. Perhaps he has them posted somewhere with a link to get to them. He took pictures of all the cars in the corral with respective owners, the drive down, the race, etc.

Sundiego
01-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Great idea, OP DP! I'll go to Long Beach.

Bill Pemberton
01-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Fatboy,

Both tracks are great , but historically Road America is considered one of the absolute premier tracks in North America and is more reminiscent of the type of track you would be accustomed to
in Europe -- though both are in beautiful areas. You could fly into Chicago and do an interesting 2 week drive in the Midwest after viewing the race at Road America. Feel free to drop me an email
if you decide to go to this event as I can make some suggestions of areas you might like to go sightseeing after the race.

billpemberton@woodhouse.com

Fatboy 18
01-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Fatboy,

Both tracks are great , but historically Road America is considered one of the absolute premier tracks in North America and is more reminiscent of the type of track you would be accustomed to
in Europe -- though both are in beautiful areas. You could fly into Chicago and do an interesting 2 week drive in the Midwest after viewing the race at Road America. Feel free to drop me an email
if you decide to go to this event as I can make some suggestions of areas you might like to go sightseeing after the race.

billpemberton@woodhouse.comThank you Bill for the PM and the above post, I will have to check dates as my son is in College and I need to check when his Summer Break is :)

XSnake
01-03-2014, 03:02 PM
We will be at several of them starting with the 24 and waiting for an email or something to buy the VIP SRT pkg. at Daytona. Anyone know when and how the 24 hour VIP tix will go on sale???
They are already available

https://www.drivesrt.com/purchase/tickets/93

Late Apex
01-03-2014, 04:16 PM
They are already available

https://www.drivesrt.com/purchase/tickets/93 I already have the race tickets. All I need is the SRT VIP portion and the site does not allow you to buy just those?? I left a voice mail with SRT and waiting for their reply to buy just the SRT VIP portion. Thanks for posting the above though. Ooops, after looking at the site better, it looks like that is what I need. Thanks again.

Sundiego
01-03-2014, 05:29 PM
I can't find the link to buy Long Beach tix. Can anyone help? thanks!