PDA

View Full Version : Low renewal rate on the other site

VYPR BYT
01-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Incredibly low renewal rate over there.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/VYPR_BYT_94/bob-p_zpsc0594326.jpg (http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/VYPR_BYT_94/media/bob-p_zpsc0594326.jpg.html)

This should serve as "closure" for everyone so now in the words of plumbs signature "nothing to see here, move along"

Looks like we just move forward with an exciting 2014!

plumcrazy
01-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Look forward not back. Leave the vca stuff on the VCA site or on the alley where it belongs imo...

Troublemaker
01-01-2014, 12:15 PM
You have to admire his loyalty and persistence in defending the VCA. Whether I agree with him or not, he has been the most adamant defender of theirs. He may finally see the light, but if he does go down with the ship, nobody can say he didn't try.

XSnake
01-01-2014, 12:26 PM
I wish Bob P would join the Alley

Hostile
01-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Bagdad bob needs to stay right where
he is that way he won't bother any Viper owners.

Skeeter

FLATOUT
01-01-2014, 12:58 PM
I wish Bob P would join the Alley

God we would rag doll him lol.

Anonymous
01-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Let just say VCA goes away(it will) does VOA just let's him in?

ViperSmith
01-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Who cares

XSnake
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM

I don't think he'd ever join

Anonymous
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
That guy annoys me!

KRATEDISEASE
01-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Mr. boobtampax did just buy a 2013 TA Viper, so some credit is due.

herbbone
01-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I admire Bobs passion. To me it really is sad seeing a once great club turning to dust before our eyes. I am very happy the VOA was formed to become a better more inclusive organization.
Mark

F2V
01-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Good point Krate. Anyway, imo let's lighten up on the guy...he's a good egg, even if he annoys many. He'll be here some day

Coloviper
01-01-2014, 02:19 PM
No it is not! He may be defending the old club which could be commended but it is the way he is doing it. Sorry but best news I heard last year was CM did not own a Viper anymore and the next future best would be if Bob no longer owning an SRT product. Guy is a first class ass and a scum bag. Said my piece, now done with it. On to the new life at the VOA, hopefully Bob free!

AZTVR
01-01-2014, 02:39 PM
No it is not! He may be defending the old club which could be commended but it is the way he is doing it. Sorry but best news I heard last year was CM did not own a Viper anymore and the next future best would be if Bob no longer owning an SRT product. Guy is a first class ass and a scum bag. Said my piece, now done with it. On to the new life at the VOA, hopefully Bob free!

Too bad we can't just banish all of the people who's attitude does not meet our expectations. It would get kind of boring, though. I'd guess that you must have met and talked with Bob personally, given the animosity in your post. Hard to believe mere typed words about a social club could get such a reaction.

Nine Ball
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
I cut him some slack for buying a brand new Viper. Anyone putting six figures into helping SRT, is doing good for our hobby/club. A lot of personalities on these sites, I'm sure many of us annoy each other.

ACRucrazy
01-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Simply buying a Viper will get no slack from me. If you are a d-bag, you are a d-bag. When he told members to go GFY & DYOP or whatever it was in the hidden member section just hours before most would no longer be able to read/reply to what he wrote was the final straw for me. Shows his true character.

Granger73
01-01-2014, 02:50 PM
What would the last couple of months have been like without Bob's posts? He is an Attorney, and a pretty good one at that. He's just sharpening his skills. No one with his intelligence could possibly believe all the VCA crap he expounds.

He has only made 238 posts in the month of December.

MtnBiker
01-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm sure many of us annoy each other.

True. But I quit posting over there because of that guy's incessant BS. Good riddance. I hope he stays away.

KRATEDISEASE
01-01-2014, 02:52 PM

Boobtampax is NOT a "scum bag" but he IS annoying because he is an antagonist hiding under a "objective" persona. He annoys everyone. He was a law school professor for 25 years. What do you expect after 25 years of his students, wanting to pass his class, obviously always agreeing with Professor Boobtampax and telling him he is the greatest ? 25 years of student ass-kissing and brown-nosing along with his own mother telling him he is a genius, what else would you expect but a self absorbed, self righteous Retarded Dope with a swollen ego. I said he annoys everyone. This is why I believe he has no friends and therefore the VCA is his only social exchange with humans. ( When someone that hates you tells you that you are smart, then you surely know that you are. Students you are teaching and your mom are not objective sources of objective determination of your intellect).

BUT, I have to say that Boobtampax has exquisite taste in cars, and he did do a top fuel dragster run posted on youtube, so despite being an antagonist and quite dumb he does has some good attributes !! and he just bought a 2014 TA Viper in black that looks awesome. He may be dopey and an antagonist with a swollen ego but he sure has great taste in cars.

AZTVR
01-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Boobtampax is NOT a "scum bag" but he IS annoying because he is an antagonist hiding under a "objective" persona. He annoys everyone. He was a law school professor for 25 years. What do you expect after 25 years of his students, wanting to pass his class, obviously always agreeing with Professor Boobtampax and telling him he is the greatest ? 25 years of student ass-kissing and brown-nosing along with his own mother telling him he is a genius, what else would you expect but a self absorbed, self righteous Retarded Dope with a swollen ego. I said he annoys everyone. This is why I believe he has no friends and therefore the VCA is his only social exchange with humans. ( When someone that hates you tells you that you are smart, then you surely know that you are. Students you are teaching and your mom are not objective sources of objective determination of your intellect).

BUT, I have to say that Booptampax has exquisite taste in cars, and he did do a top fuel dragster run posted on youtube, so despite being an antagonist and quite dumb he does has some good attributes !! and he just bought a 2014 TA Viper in black that looks awesome. He may be dopey and an antagonist with a swollen ego but he sure has great taste in cars.

Does anyone here care to vote on who is the most annoying, dopey, antagonistic poster on any of the various Viper sites ?

Anonymous
01-01-2014, 03:06 PM
He is playing the violin while the ship is sinking.

KRATEDISEASE
01-01-2014, 03:08 PM
He is playing the violin while the ship is sinking.

Actually he is playing with himself as the ship sinks..... because he is a true master-baiter.

VYPR BYT
01-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Ooops...I didn't mean this to be a "bash Bob" thread. LOL

I was just trying to show that there is far less "members" there than I expected to see in 2014. (far less)
Even Paul Hawker is an enthusiast now... I didn't see that coming.

Bottom line is now we can move on >>> and not worry so much about it. (that's why I quoted plums signature)
Let nature run its course and the beast will die off in the distance.
Sad when ya think about it.

I'm glad we have this VOA established as an option!

Coloviper
01-01-2014, 03:16 PM
It is a free country and people can post or act how they want. Bob is entitled to that. I am not saying we banish people who do not agree with everything stated otherwise this would be a boring place. However with his attitude toward the VOA, the Splinters as he calls them, defending bylaw changes in the past which brought on the unlimited power towards downfall, his twisting and lying to attack people then crying foul when people defend themselves as Jon B tried to recently, it would be a great discourse to the VOA club members to allow a cancer like that in the VOA. Okay now I am done with it!

F2V
01-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Plum...ditch this thread! It's conduct unbecoming, especially for the victors!!

yellowviper
01-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Does number of posts equal intelligence? My tenure at law school proved there are 50% in the lower class standing !

KRATEDISEASE
01-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Does number of posts equal intelligence? My tenure at law school proved there are 50% in the lower class standing !

Class standing is irrelevant. Number of posts is irrelevant. Level of Education is irrelevant.

What momma said is irrelevant.

Being a VOA member is relevant and directly correlated to intellect.

VYPR BYT
01-01-2014, 03:43 PM
F2V, he can't ditch it cuz the last time that created a fire-storm.

The intent was to show there is no need to dwell on things over there since everyone else saw thru the bs and didn't renew.

You guys need to understand that before all stuff last summer, Bob always visited the "politics 101" forum... because he likes to debate.
It's just the way he's wired.
Not my intention to crucify him.

I'm going to remove Bob's name from the original post and ask plum to change the thread title to "Low renewal rate on the other site"

plumcrazy
01-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Title of thread changed as per OP.

Great idea BTW

GreenVenom
01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Class standing is irrelevant. Number of posts is irrelevant. Level of Education is irrelevant.

What momma said is irrelevant.

Being a VOA member is relevant and directly correlated to intellect.

SO.... When are you going to join??

SmoknTires
01-01-2014, 06:25 PM
As everyone celebrated the official start of the new club, it's truly something a bunch of us were looking back on and realized the trail that was just blazed. We should all be proud. And the support has been truly helpful guys.

That said, keep things light. We actually didn't want to have any VCA stuff on this site at all. But moderating it would be wrong (however any attacks or strong verbiage should be removed). It's obviously the biggest news that is out there in Viper land right now, but let's keep it light and keep it classy. We've purposely not published a thing about the VCA since the new club started - and there's a reason for that. And as much as the postings by their board members on their forums can be disputed in a way that isn't even funny, let's not even bother. Let them say whatever it is they claim (membership #, SRT support, massive change, etc...), just let it be. The reality is that none of it would have even begun if a new club option wasn't there.

Through our membership numbers (which is the great majority of the active club members), the number of regions that came over (almost all of them), the talent, the passion, and spirit that is here... that is what makes the club exciting. I'm sure there will be more negativity on their forums and additional solicitations that will come from them as time goes on. Just let it go and let it fall on deaf ears. Focus on what we've now built, nurture it, and protect it.

So discuss if you must, but don't slam. Nothing would be better than if as a group they saw our solidarity by demonstrating a culture that is quite different than what existed. Let your membership #'s, your regions affiliation, and your involvement speak for itself.

Onward and upward is the mantra!

Canadian venom
01-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Well said Smokn, lets keep this forum a positive one. Happy new year and happy Vipering to all of you!!!

schulmann
01-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Unfortunately we can't leave this subject on the other site since they are still spreading lies.
One guy however is still member ... you know who I am talking about.
This issue still continues to cause problems to every one who owns a Viper :(

Drummerviper
01-01-2014, 07:00 PM

Why not ? Others who were quite close to the folks who brought down the VCA, including a major dealer have been welcomed with open arms.

99RT10
01-01-2014, 07:00 PM
edited to be nice..........for now. But the individual in question should NEVER be allowed to join this club. If he is allowed to join, I will personally start the "discussion" to keep his lying ass restricted to the "site suggestions" area.

XSnake
01-01-2014, 07:09 PM
edited to be nice..........for now. But the individual in question should NEVER be allowed to join this club. If he is allowed to join, I will personally start the "discussion" to keep his lying ass restricted to the "site suggestions" area.

Don't worry Mike. The local owners had a discussion about it and they were told by Bob that he wants "nothing to do with the VOA". So I think we are safe

plumcrazy
01-01-2014, 07:17 PM

there will be NO trouble out of you mister :)

Steve M
01-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Man...they seem pretty desperate, including the e-mail that just showed up in my inbox a few minutes ago. I obviously don't know what's really going on behind the scenes over there, but it sure doesn't look good from my perspective.

ViperGTS
01-01-2014, 07:39 PM
I met the guy in person in Charlotte 2012...after a few minutes I had to turn around and leave the scene...could not stand the 'talks' back than. :p

Sam Goldfarb
01-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Simply buying a Viper will get no slack from me. If you are a d-bag, you are a d-bag. When he told members to go GFY & DYOP or whatever it was in the hidden member section just hours before most would no longer be able to read/reply to what he wrote was the final straw for me. Shows his true character.

Not defending what he said and if anyone would take the time to look at the post, you will see that I took him to task on several points. He did delete those last ones on his own and the timing would suggest that there could have been a little liquid courage talking there? I'm just willing to give him the benefit of a doubt and recognize that he is passionate. There will be life after VCA and VOA for that matter for most. There are still some in the South fighting a war almost 150 years old and still don't think they lost, as there will be VCA members and VOA members fighting for perhaps several generations to come. The fact that he deleted them and people are preserving the comments tells me we are still a ways from a truce or peace of any kind. The talk for reparations is rampant and that can't even take place until a ceasefire, truce and peace treaties are signed. IMOI By the way it was DIYOP and I didn't have a clue, I Google Searched it and struck out. So, I contacted him directly and I know what it means from the horse's mouth so to speak. PM me if you want to know!

SmoknTires
01-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Man...they seem pretty desperate, including the e-mail that just showed up in my inbox a few minutes ago. I obviously don't know what's really going on behind the scenes over there, but it sure doesn't look good from my perspective.

And relative to this letter guys, while we don't address these things publicly, understand that we don't agree with what they do and nor how they do it. We know all of you are still receiving propaganda letters like this as they're using old email lists to continue to write to members directly. No need to forward them to us, we se them.

Just know that silence is not agreement. They're pushing people away with solicitations and negativity on their own. The end of that letter yet again is proof. Let it go.

Sam Goldfarb
01-01-2014, 09:12 PM
And relative to this letter guys, while we don't address these things publicly, understand that we don't agree with what they do and nor how they do it. We know all of you are still receiving propaganda letters like this as they're using old email lists to continue to write to members directly. No need to forward them to us, we se them.

Just know that silence is not agreement. They're pushing people away with solicitations and negativity on their own. The end of that letter yet again is proof. Let it go.

Alex, You made it to the end? I only got this far:"The new VCA BOD has beens(sic)" and hit DELETE!

Lucky I didn't empty my trash file yet and i was able to get this for all to use! Cut and paste this link in your browser and follow the prompts!

http://www.viperclub.org/opt-out.php
POOF! No More VCA! emails at least.

KRATEDISEASE
01-01-2014, 09:30 PM
I know they are desperate. I was tired last night and was reading threads on the VCA when I replied to a thread by error, thinking that I was here on the VOA site because I had two windows on my computer screen open for each forum. And guess what ??? my post on the VCA was actually posted.....I guess I am somewhat reinstated without any notification.....Woohoo !!! ( they want Kratedisease back !!) what does that tell yah !! Yup, we all know what that means !! D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

Anyway, I would invite and like to have boobtampax post here. NOT to read his babbling banter. BUT only to hear about his new 2014 TA Viper.
His other non Viper topic posts are very long, drawn out and boring. Speaking of boring he even is monotone when he speaks.
I would have to drink at least five Red Bulls to stay awake in class with Professor boobtampax lecturing me.

ViperSmith
01-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Wow, I didn't read that 2nd to last paragraph in the VCA email.

They still don't get it. The negativity isn't winning anyone over.

Sybil TF
01-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Look forward not back. Leave the vca stuff on the VCA site or on the alley where it belongs imo...

Before someone turns into a pillar of salt.....:smilielol:

Whitemamba
01-02-2014, 03:09 AM
Well, to be honest, Bob may have his points that we dislike or that aggravate us but in reality it is admirable that he sticks to his principles and hasn't wavered in his support. You have to admire someone who sticks with what he says. You may not like the person but at least like his tenacity. The individual is devoted to the club he is in and we could only hope to have everyone as loyal as he is. I have no ill feelings towards anyone myself and think that alot of people have blown things out of proportion. There are some that have a reason to be upset and they should rightfully be so. As for the best way to go forward, it is to ignore what you detest and put things that cause you unrest in your rear view mirror.

What most of you should do is be happy that you have a local VOA region to attend. Many of us don't have that luxury now. Being a member in the North Texas Region, we really have no VOA club to attend. So for us, it is either join both, join VCA or join VOA. Priciple is one thing but being able to hang out with old friends is something else.

Granger73
01-04-2014, 02:15 PM
If you look at the bottom of each VCA forum, they have a section titled "Forum a Information and Options". It shows 9 members browsing the RT10/GTS forum.

Users Browsing this Forum
There are currently 109 users browsing this forum. (9 members & 100 guests)
GRANGER73 avijay Invasivore kenphjr michael71 RedEnuf93 SpeedRacer tim721 TowDawg

None of the 9 users listed is a member. There member count appears to be very misleading. I wonder how many VCA members there really are?

cubican
01-04-2014, 04:47 PM
is 1265 member on the VOA a good thing? I think that's a poor showing so far,I was hoping to see a # over 3500.

TowDawg
01-04-2014, 05:02 PM
I think they count "members" with the forum numbers, as anyone who has a registered account on the forum. Definitely a bit misleading, but would you expect anything else?

TowDawg
01-04-2014, 05:05 PM
is 1265 member on the VOA a good thing? I think that's a poor showing so far,I was hoping to see a # over 3500.

I would say that's a pretty good number, because I would be willing to bet that even if both clubs ended up with equal numbers of paid members, the VOA members are the more active members (forums, events, tracking, wrenching), while the VCA members are mostly people who have no clue about things and don't participate at all. They just write a check when they get their renewal notice.

slitherv10
01-04-2014, 05:13 PM

Well if more enthusiasts would join then there would be no complaints. 1266 if you join.

daytonprowler
01-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Sybil TF where are you? 1267

Brad00GTS
01-04-2014, 05:35 PM
From what Alex said, the VCA typically had 40% renewal rate by Dec 31, if they had 2500 members, than that would be a 1000 members renewed. So being we are a new club and have over 1200 I would say that is remarkable.

daytonprowler
01-04-2014, 06:23 PM
From what Alex said, the VCA typically had 40% renewal rate by Dec 31, if they had 2500 members, than that would be a 1000 members renewed. So being we are a new club and have over 1200 I would say that is remarkable.

You are absolutely correct Brad. I did a lot of number crunching on this before we launched the VOA. We are right on schedule... actually ahead of schedule. : ) I knew my numbers had to be right so you could do the budget accurately. How about that.... an actual budget... who'd a thought. : )

VYPR BYT
01-04-2014, 06:30 PM
You are absolutely correct Brad. I did a lot of number crunching on this before we launched the VOA. We are right on schedule... actually ahead of schedule. : ) I knew my numbers had to be right so you could do the budget accurately. How about that.... an actual budget... who'd a thought. : )
Budget huh? Whoa... there's waaay too much transparency going on here!
You might be banned soon. :smilielol:

AZTVR
01-04-2014, 07:42 PM
If you look at the bottom of each VCA forum, they have a section titled "Forum a Information and Options". It shows 9 members browsing the RT10/GTS forum.

Users Browsing this Forum
There are currently 109 users browsing this forum. (9 members & 100 guests)
GRANGER73 avijay Invasivore kenphjr michael71 RedEnuf93 SpeedRacer tim721 TowDawg

None of the 9 users listed is a member. There member count appears to be very misleading. I wonder how many VCA members there really are?

I think they count "members" with the forum numbers, as anyone who has a registered account on the forum. Definitely a bit misleading, but would you expect anything else?

You guys (and quite few others) crack me up with your ingrained distrust of the VCA and innate trust of the VOA. It does get tiresome seeing the VCA put down for normal forum software things as if there is some secret black suited team there working on each tiny detail in order to deceive members, guests, enthusiasts. I just don't understand why you can not just move on with life and enjoy this nice new house we have here ?

Just an FYI, I think that the VOA forum operates exactly the same. I am listed in the Thread Information below amongst the 16 "members" viewing this thread. and then it says 9 guests are viewing.

I am NOT a member of the VOA. I am a registered user of this forum, and therefore a "member." I do not believe VOA is intentionally trying to deceive the VCA with this info.

Newport Viper
01-04-2014, 10:26 PM
We are right on schedule... actually ahead of schedule. : )

And if a certain West region comes over soon, it could be 150 more :)

TowDawg
01-05-2014, 08:53 AM
You guys (and quite few others) crack me up with your ingrained distrust of the VCA and innate trust of the VOA. It does get tiresome seeing the VCA put down for normal forum software things as if there is some secret black suited team there working on each tiny detail in order to deceive members, guests, enthusiasts. I just don't understand why you can not just move on with life and enjoy this nice new house we have here ?

Just an FYI, I think that the VOA forum operates exactly the same. I am listed in the Thread Information below amongst the 16 "members" viewing this thread. and then it says 9 guests are viewing.

I am NOT a member of the VOA. I am a registered user of this forum, and therefore a "member." I do not believe VOA is intentionally trying to deceive the VCA with this info.

If that's the normal way for forums to do it, then that's fine. I wasn't aware of how "members" were typically counted on web forums.

AZTVR
01-05-2014, 09:57 AM
If that's the normal way for forums to do it, then that's fine. I wasn't aware of how "members" were typically counted on web forums.

TD, No offense intended; but, because you and several others seem to immediately assume that VCA is still doing bad things all the time, and state it that way, the posts just serve to continue the ill will here and there which a lot of us do not harbor. You certainly have a right to voice your opinion, for sure; but, I'd just recommend thinking about whether talking about your bout with cancer at a birthday party is appropriate. That analogy is extreme; but, I think the serious issues of VCA are mostly behind them, and I think those that are still members there don't care, and that those that are members here should move on. The VOA National VP asked that we tone it down and I respect that. I wish both sides' upper leadership had taken that position earlier.

Just my 2 cents, and worth every bit of it, LOL.

SmoknTires
01-05-2014, 10:22 AM
And it's true. It's funny that most of the things we've moderated are negative comments about the old club and people attacking people at times (but it hasn't happened much).

We can discuss topics, that's all fine and of course the club change is big news so it needs to be allowed. But let's just be respectful of each other, the tone is important, as we committed to a classy exit and as a membership group we'll all do the same. It's actually painful taking VOA supporters and telling them to tone it down (advice that I wish the other club would offer their members), but it's the right thing to do. And it gets more difficult as the old club sends negative mass emails outside of this forum even after folks have left their club. We must get 100 requests from our members to respond to these emails, but it's better just to let go, as hard as it is to bite our tongues when we see misleading statements like: the club is fixed, all the bad guys have left, they're working with SRT, they have a massive membership, etc... All misleading and some in our own club find it aggravating why we don't respond -but that's how we need to do it.

There was a lot of distrust of the past national officer group (actually for years), and this year's scandals became public so many people became aware and it really turned people off. The letters that were sent to Ralph boss, the craziness with their president suspending board members when they voted him out, the Mopar letter that was in conflict with theirs, the withholding of the regional money due to cashflow issues, the raffle, etc... all added to the distrust. So I can understand why people continue to be suspicious, and this is what leads to assumptions - but we'll moderate when things get ugly even if it's to our own detriment.

On this particular topic, it's because the VCA hasn't released any public statement regarding their current membership counts, this is why people are guessing. That's why membership numbers are such a hot topic right now. Transparency was a huge issue for the past club, and because things aren't communicated, members have to go looking. This is why we put a counter on our homepage to show real-time membership #'s.

But as I said, stick to the facts and your observations, but leave any guessing, name calling, anger, etc... behind. Just keep discussions like this above board and they're fine.

Drummerviper
01-05-2014, 10:35 AM
If you want a good model , go to the ford GT forum. No BS, no politics, internal or external, keyboard tough guys are shown the door. Just a bunch of great enthusiasts who talk cars-- much like the GEN 1 and 2 days of VCA (maybe part of Gen3)

AZTVR
01-05-2014, 10:53 AM
If you want a good model , go to the ford GT forum. No BS, no politics, internal or external, keyboard tough guys are shown the door. Just a bunch of great enthusiasts who talk cars-- much like the GEN 1 and 2 days of VCA (maybe part of Gen3)

Yes, I used to follow that forum when I thought that I might spend some 401k mone for my dream car ! They are as classy as the cars; but, they did have some drama also that had to be moderated. Very successful folks that are attracted to high horespower cars tend to be a little "out there" at times. :)

Damn, if I had just bought a Ford GT when I was seriously thinking about it, it would have been a great investment, monetarily. However, I would have never driven it as much as I have the Viper, so, on total fun factor, Viper wins again!

Drummerviper
01-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Yeah,they had one particular group that was very full of itself and thank god they started their own forum.

On the fun factor, I have had 11 Vipers over almost 20 years and bleed Viper red, but once you drive a GT, nothing else is quite the same. Night and day. Both wonderful cars.

Leslie
01-05-2014, 11:17 AM

:dude3:what he said

ViperTony
01-05-2014, 11:38 AM
:dude3:what he said

Agreed. Who gives a <insert colorful adjective here> about who has the higher renewal rate? It's like trying to <insert colorful adjective here> up a rope....pointless. Leave them be. Let us be. Move on.

Rizzo
01-05-2014, 12:26 PM
I almost bought a Ford Gt a few years ago. I was on the GT forums and surfed for a while. I put a post on asking a question about the GT. It was an honest post asking an honest question. For the life of me i cant remeber what the question was but it wasnt a stupid question. The post was deleted and I sent a question to one of the mods asking why it was deleted. I was replied to that i wasnt an owner and not to post unless i became an owner and a paid member. I wasnt impressed to say the least. I left the forum and never went back. Left a bad taste in my mouth and to be honest after the reply i would not have joined anyway even if i had bought the GT. It seemed an elitist attitude and i wanted no part of that. Ive never had a problem with any forum ive been on including the Lambo and Ferrari forums which I am also a member of. I stay away from politics and the reason i stopped being a paid member on the other site was because of all the behind the scenes politics and bs. Not my thing. Also. This in no way is what i think of GT owners as a whole. I have met a few of them and every single one has been awesome. But one moderator and his response ruined that site for me. I can only hope to own a GT one day. If i hadnt just bought my ACR I may have bought a GT. Better investment for sure. Lol.

TowDawg
01-05-2014, 03:21 PM
TD, No offense intended; but, because you and several others seem to immediately assume that VCA is still doing bad things all the time, and state it that way, the posts just serve to continue the ill will here and there which a lot of us do not harbor. You certainly have a right to voice your opinion, for sure; but, I'd just recommend thinking about whether talking about your bout with cancer at a birthday party is appropriate. That analogy is extreme; but, I think the serious issues of VCA are mostly behind them, and I think those that are still members there don't care, and that those that are members here should move on. The VOA National VP asked that we tone it down and I respect that. I wish both sides' upper leadership had taken that position earlier.

Just my 2 cents, and worth every bit of it, LOL.

I've never had cancer, so of course it wouldn't be appropriate for me to talk about my bout with it at a birthday party!:p:p:p

Troublemaker
01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I honestly considered belonging to both clubs, but I have been left on moderated status over there since something like September, when all the moderations and banning took place. As they left me out in the cold, I will do the same in return.

Here is one of my favorite quotes from a person I greatly respect.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sybil TF
01-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Sybil TF where are you? 1267
I want to be 1300:devilish:

WhiteSnake
01-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Saw a new Gulf FGT at Woohouse back in 05 that I fell in love with but the wife liked a Yellow 05 Gen 3 Vert. So we bought the snake. Absolutely no regrets as the Viper opened up a whole new world of enjoyment and wonderful friends that we have made all across this country and in Canada too. Now we have a new snake that is just awesome (no criticism of other Gens). I wonder what she would have said if the FGT was yellow?

Drummerviper
01-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I almost bought a Ford Gt a few years ago. I was on the GT forums and surfed for a while. I put a post on asking a question about the GT. It was an honest post asking an honest question. For the life of me i cant remeber what the question was but it wasnt a stupid question. The post was deleted and I sent a question to one of the mods asking why it was deleted. I was replied to that i wasnt an owner and not to post unless i became an owner and a paid member. I wasnt impressed to say the least. I left the forum and never went back. Left a bad taste in my mouth and to be honest after the reply i would not have joined anyway even if i had bought the GT. It seemed an elitist attitude and i wanted no part of that. Ive never had a problem with any forum ive been on including the Lambo and Ferrari forums which I am also a member of. I stay away from politics and the reason i stopped being a paid member on the other site was because of all the behind the scenes politics and bs. Not my thing. Also. This in no way is what i think of GT owners as a whole. I have met a few of them and every single one has been awesome. But one moderator and his response ruined that site for me. I can only hope to own a GT one day. If i hadnt just bought my ACR I may have bought a GT. Better investment for sure. Lol.

Very sorry to hear about that. That would be the exception. It is a truly great forum and the annual events are unreal.

Hopefully this site will set yet new standards

big-n-italian
01-05-2014, 05:23 PM
I honestly considered belonging to both clubs, but I have been left on moderated status over there since something like September, when all the moderations and banning took place. As they left me out in the cold, I will do the same in return.

Here is one of my favorite quotes from a person I greatly respect.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

ditto. i was considering renewing over there, but i have never been taken off moderated status. makes it easy to decide what to do.

LifeIsGood
01-05-2014, 07:34 PM
...the posts just serve to continue the ill will here and there which a lot of us do not harbor.

...maybe you weren't in the 'moderated' crowd. I took being 'moderated' over there very personal and I have nothing nice to say about it and them. Why wasn't the 'moderated' bunch reinstated after the national board upheaval? They can all go $%# themselves as far as I'm concerned. I'll NEVER forget.

Troublemaker
01-05-2014, 08:17 PM
...maybe you weren't in the 'moderated' crowd. I took being 'moderated' over there very personal and I have nothing nice to say about it and them. Why wasn't the 'moderated' bunch reinstated after the national board upheaval? They can all go $%# themselves as far as I'm concerned. I'll NEVER forget.

I tend not to spend much time looking back in life, but sometimes you need to at least keep it in your mind as to not make the same mistakes twice. They can all go %#+£ themselves as far as I am concerned also.

big-n-italian
01-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Why wasn't the 'moderated' bunch reinstated after the national board upheaval?

i have an even better question - why does Lee and Chris' screen names both show as still being open accounts? neither one says banned. speak your mind and you get moderated, but having a hand in completely destroying the club, and your account remains open?

uh, huh.

Sybil TF
01-05-2014, 08:38 PM

I would have rather been suspended or banned. Being moderated is so childish. It takes a week to get my post up if at all. Glad I didn't join.

HyperViper
01-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Should have known that you would be all over this :D

i have an even better question - why does Lee and Chris' screen names both show as still being open accounts? neither one says banned. speak your mind and you get moderated, but having a hand in completely destroying the club, and your account remains open?

uh, huh.

ViperSmith
01-05-2014, 11:14 PM
I'll say again

Who cares

commandomatt
01-05-2014, 11:26 PM
I'll say again

Who cares

You keep saying that...over and over again. We get that.

What you may consider is the fact that many that voice their opinions were members over there for a very long time. You just became involved before the 13's were launched. Maybe you would feel different if you had been with the club for 5-10 years....or even longer.

I just joined a few years ago myself and really don't care much either but can definitely understand some of the bitterness expressed by many.

Matt

cubican
01-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Is hard to replace 20 years of history. I'm not sure what's the fascination with the vca the divorce is final. The vca and the voa are not going anywhere they are here to stay. Is very clear to me after seeing only 1268 members for the voa there are no winners ,we all lost. I was going to join the 2 clubs, but seeing tread after tread like these one I'm taking a back seat for now.

99RT10
01-06-2014, 12:08 AM

What you may consider is the fact that many that voice their opinions were members over there for a very long time. You just became involved before the 13's were launched. Maybe you would feel different if you had been with the club for 5-10 years....or even longer.

I just joined a few years ago myself and really don't care much either but can definitely understand some of the bitterness expressed by many.

Matt

Well said Matt, and I think this is where most are coming from. I was a 12 year member and watched as the club goes thru this mess, at the same time, being "moderated" which means anything you post may or may not be posted(90% of the time it would not). I think prior to all the letters and information which finally came to light, most members would have bent over backwards to fix the many, many problems, but with Chris/Lee/Marv/Dan controlling everything and not giving up even the office or job they were given thru the club, most saw the lost cause. I am still bitter about it, because it was a great club with great people, but when all your money and efforts goes to benefit a handful of people like the Marshalls to the tune of $200K, I get this sickening feeling that we were all made to be suckers.

Then bring up the complete fiasco of the "raffle", that was icing on the cake so to speak. I mean, really?! The winner of the car is announced, then the prize is taken back because he sold his car, but was still a member. What a goat screw. Who did the drawing?(Lee) Where was it held?(in his living room) It was suppose to be done at the Woodhouse dealership. Where was it licensed?(no where) Was it video taped?(no) :furious:

big-n-italian
01-06-2014, 12:13 AM
i think you have hit the nail on the head. i joined the VCA in 2004 or 2005. its very upsetting when you have put that much time and effort (and i dont mean just posting comments) into something you were very dedicated to, only to have someone screw it all up. most VCA/VOA members here will never know how much time and effort i, and alot of other people put into the VCA over the years. emotions are very strong right now with anyone who was with the VCA five or more years, and emotions get even stronger for people who were around 10, 15 or MORE years.

its all good though. there are alot of good people here that with everyones effort can again, re-create what was taken from all of us from a greedy and stupid few. it will take some time, but it will happen. we all know it always takes a little time to get comfortable in a new house.

XSnake
01-06-2014, 06:53 AM
Is hard to replace 20 years of history. I'm not sure what's the fascination with the vca the divorce is final. The vca and the voa are not going anywhere they are here to stay. Is very clear to me after seeing only 1268 members for the voa there are no winners ,we all lost. I was going to join the 2 clubs, but seeing tread after tread like these one I'm taking a back seat for now.

I disagree. VCA claimed to have 3,100 members for 2013 WITH the COOL program still being active through Chrylser. It looks like a good majority of the "active" owners made a choice. Now that the automatic membership and $$ and have stopped via Chrysler the real # for active membership will show.

The 1268 # also does not include the 2 of the largest regions which have yet to make a decision (MCVO and So Cal) If they both decide to go VOA it will go over 1500.

The PEOPLE making the club, the club doesn't make the people.

City
01-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Well said Matt, and I think this is where most are coming from. I was a 12 year member and watched as the club goes thru this mess, at the same time, being "moderated" which means anything you post may or may not be posted(90% of the time it would not). I think prior to all the letters and information which finally came to light, most members would have bent over backwards to fix the many, many problems, but with Chris/Lee/Marv/Dan controlling everything and not giving up even the office or job they were given thru the club, most saw the lost cause. I am still bitter about it, because it was a great club with great people, but when all your money and efforts goes to benefit a handful of people like the Marshalls to the tune of $200K, I get this sickening feeling that we were all made to be suckers.

Then bring up the complete fiasco of the "raffle", that was icing on the cake so to speak. I mean, really?! The winner of the car is announced, then the prize is taken back because he sold his car, but was still a member. What a goat screw. Who did the drawing?(Lee) Where was it held?(in his living room) It was suppose to be done at the Woodhouse dealership. Where was it licensed?(no where) Was it video taped?(no) :furious:

i think you have hit the nail on the head. i joined the VCA in 2004 or 2005. its very upsetting when you have put that much time and effort (and i dont mean just posting comments) into something you were very dedicated to, only to have someone screw it all up. most VCA/VOA members here will never know how much time and effort i, and alot of other people put into the VCA over the years. emotions are very strong right now with anyone who was with the VCA five or more years, and emotions get even stronger for people who were around 10, 15 or MORE years.

its all good though. there are alot of good people here that with everyones effort can again, re-create what was taken from all of us from a greedy and stupid few. it will take some time, but it will happen. we all know it always takes a little time to get comfortable in a new house.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

Drummerviper
01-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Not to drift from the topic, but the funniest F-you email I ever saw to VCA, I believe was from Adrain Byrd. I wish I had kept a copy.

If no one wants to post it here, can someone PM it to me for my scrapbook.

City
01-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Adrian can do that. He's done it to me.

XXX BLK
01-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Not to drift from the topic, but the funniest F-you email I ever saw to VCA, I believe was from Adrain Byrd. I wish I had kept a copy.

If no one wants to post it here, can someone PM it to me for my scrapbook.

DrummerViper, I will send it to you later I need to look for it. Adrian

ViperSmith
01-06-2014, 12:29 PM

Matt

To me it is like worrying who your ex wife is dating. Sure there is a history, but March forward

Beauty here is, no alimony ;)

Viper Girl
01-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Adrian can do that. He's done it to me.
Funniest thing I've read all day... :jerry::jerry:

ViperSRT
01-07-2014, 07:45 PM
I disagree. VCA claimed to have 3,100 members for 2013 WITH the COOL program still being active through Chrylser. It looks like a good majority of the "active" owners made a choice. Now that the automatic membership and $$ and have stopped via Chrysler the real # for active membership will show.

The 1268 # also does not include the 2 of the largest regions which have yet to make a decision (MCVO and So Cal) If they both decide to go VOA it will go over 1500.

The PEOPLE making the club, the club doesn't make the people.

Counts may not add up as many are already members here.

MCVO and VOA (Central FL)

XSnake
01-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Counts may not add up as many are already members here.

MCVO and VOA (Central FL)

Yes, some are not waiting which is nice to see.