PDA

View Full Version : What does the VCA owe you?

RoyV101621
01-01-2014, 08:55 AM
So some here seem to believe the VCA owes them some magazines. Yea, I get the joke. I really do.
Let's look a little deeper. Chrysler gifted old stock and tooling to the VCA and viper owners. Maybe someone can convince Marshall to return their shares, (and mine) of the VPA corporation. That's far more valuable than glossy paper and hurried content. Please tell me someone, with more corporate knowledge than I, has thought about this.

XSnake
01-01-2014, 09:38 AM
CM does not own any shares of the VPA

HyperViper
01-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Not a thing

AZTVR
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
VCA owes me nothing. I did not contract with them for anything as far as I care. Someone posted over there that they were "owed" 6 magazines. I didn't send the VCA money for a magazine subscription, and I could care less that they were not able to pull off the hoped for 6. I joined for my own reasons, mostly to show support for the local clubs I have associated with during the 8 years of my Viper ownership. I really don't care whether the national organization that my local club is associated with is associated with VCA or VOA, although I voted for VOA for good logical reasons, IMHO. I just don't get all wound up by the politics like a lot of folks do.

cobraken
01-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Ask the VCA. This is the VOA.

Troublemaker
01-01-2014, 10:42 AM
The VCA owes me a thank you and a good riddance.

FLATOUT
01-01-2014, 10:51 AM
An apology.

VYPR BYT
01-01-2014, 11:00 AM
don't know about the rest of you guys... but I've moved on

daytonprowler
01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
An apology. (I wasn't going to post)

Nixon's SRT
01-01-2014, 11:05 AM
An apology.

I think that is the correct answer, but we will never ever see that.

But we owe the VOA a post free environment of VCA items. The less we talk about them, the faster they disappear. I just made my last post over there for that ass hat bob. He needs to drive more and post less

Sundiego
01-01-2014, 11:27 AM
They owed us transparency. When they didn't deliver, time to move on.

if you want a laugh, click on any thread on the VCA today. Almost every avatar says enthusiast, instead of member. It is the first real indicator of how low their renewal rate is.

plumcrazy
01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Look forward, not back.

big-n-italian
01-01-2014, 12:04 PM
i think breaking up with the VCA is like breaking up with a bad partner. they put me through hell, but i would rather do my best to forget that one and get that relationship as far back behind me as possible.

(oh, and quietly sit back and wait to laugh your ass off, when you hear the news of their big crash, that you know will come some day.)

:)

XSnake
01-01-2014, 12:27 PM
I just wanna be able to continue to watch the train wreck, that is all

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
01-01-2014, 12:47 PM

if you want a laugh, click on any thread on the VCA today. Almost every avatar says enthusiast, instead of member. It is the first real indicator of how low their renewal rate is.

I just took peek over there and its true..

Looks like our VOA is truly off to a great start! Was talking with Tator the other day and he brought me up to speed on how big the VOA actually is.. 30 plus regions and growing, charter memberships ect, really impressive what the new board has managed to pull off / put together in record time.. Good return on investment for our modest membership fees!

Bad Boyzz
Toddy

Glen97
01-01-2014, 01:15 PM
I just looked at the old club page and a lot of enthusiast even Paul Hawker enthusiast. What does that tell you.
Glen

rw99
01-01-2014, 01:56 PM
But we owe the VOA a post free environment of VCA items. The less we talk about them, the faster they disappear. I just made my last post over there for that ass hat bob. He needs to drive more and post less
This, x100. I don't want to waste any more time on what's now in my rear-view...

plumcrazy
01-01-2014, 01:57 PM
well said

Coloviper
01-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Posted last post there yesterday! Even if they owed me $50, it is worth more than $50 to move on and breathe again. Everyone seems to gravitate to negative news these days otherwise the Enquirer, etc would not sell in record numbers however this is one instance where it is best to rip off the rear view mirror and like in Cannonball Run, "what is a behind you, doesn't a matter!" Feels good to move on!

BlknBlu
01-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I wish them and all the other Viper clubs nothing but the best. My region is not worried about what anyone else is doing except for making the VOA the best car club in the world.

Bruce

ACRucrazy
01-01-2014, 02:44 PM
3 Magazines.

Chorps
01-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Just remember...without the epic hubris of the previous administrations in the old group the VOA never would have been formed.

Creative destruction and all.

3 issues of magazine aren't even worth worrying about. It's like loaning the office jerk $20 knowing he's never going to pay you back. The $20 is a cheap way to get him to avoid you. :D

Drummerviper
01-01-2014, 05:38 PM
VCA should thank their lucky stars that all they are facing is their demise. There are folks who could have cost them a lot of money, but for the good of the viper community took the high road.

They don't owe anyone an apology other than some vendors and a few others. Most folks got what they deserved. I was a charter member with 11 Vipers (now one). I cancelled my Gen 5 , in part because of VCA , and in part because the car was such a cluster F.

VCA was a lot of fun for many years and then folks took extreme advantage. Then others, some of whom started VOA unwittingly joined in the mayhem (and should not be demanding apologies).

Anyway, I joined here hoping for the best but taking am wait and see approach.

intense
01-01-2014, 06:34 PM

And all the avatar pics are gone. And my photo gallery. We can't have avatars because we're not paying members? Really, I have to pay to have an avatar? That's what my dues got me- badges, a piece of red rubber, a pen, a notepad, and an avatar.

ACRucrazy
01-01-2014, 06:43 PM
PM box limited, avatar and signatures removed unless you pay.

The REAL sign should be what the vendors choose to do.

intense
01-01-2014, 06:45 PM
I'd never have joined if I'd known they were that petty.

XSnake
01-01-2014, 06:58 PM
train wreck still delivering.... lol

Policy Limits
01-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Ask the VCA. This is the VOA.

Amen.

Newport Viper
01-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Who?

Shooter
01-01-2014, 10:05 PM
VCA should thank their lucky stars that all they are facing is their demise. There are folks who could have cost them a lot of money, but for the good of the viper community took the high road.

They don't owe anyone an apology other than some vendors and a few others. Most folks got what they deserved.
VCA was a lot of fun for many years and then folks took extreme advantage. Then others, some of whom started VOA unwittingly joined in the mayhem (and should not be demanding apologies).

Anyway, I joined here hoping for the best but taking a wait and see approach.

This pretty well sums it up. I would add that there are a couple of people here on this site that owe an apology to the Viper community as a whole. It won't happen of course, as some are unwilling to admit they were wrong. They know who they are and have to look in the mirror everyday.

As far as the threads title...I personally don't think the VCA owes me anything. Lee and Marv were shown to be 2 of the most embarrassing examples of National club Presidents ever, and the "Cash 2 Chris Marshal" family money train has been derailed. They have sold their Viper and are no longer making money on the backs of the members.
Let the VCA fade into obscurity and be remembered as a club that was ruined by greed and ego.

TrackAire
01-01-2014, 10:54 PM
This, x100. I don't want to waste any more time on what's now in my rear-view...

Exactly Rich.....go to 10 seconds of this video......Franco pretty much sums up the a lot of things in life!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvDbmciKlkY

Cheers,
George

RoyV101621
01-02-2014, 12:47 AM
I was trying to make this point. The tooling was gifted to all of us. Now where will I go to get a GEN1 bumper cover?

Whitemamba
01-02-2014, 03:17 AM
I wish them and all the other Viper clubs nothing but the best. My region is not worried about what anyone else is doing except for making the VOA the best car club in the world.

Bruce

Now this is a classy post. We should be bigger than wishing negativity on anyone or any club. It takes a bigger person to ignore and move on. We are starting off fresh and moving forward with a fresh new beginning. Think about it. This is the first year of this club. It can learn from mistakes and ensure that mistakes aren't made from past examples. Hey, what can I say. I am one of those half-full kind of guys. :dude3:

AZTVR
01-02-2014, 08:17 AM
I was trying to make this point. The tooling was gifted to all of us. Now where will I go to get a GEN1 bumper cover?

I was a member of the VCA. I never expected to take a portion of the VCA assets or liabilities with me when I left. That is not part of that club's by-laws and not part of this club's either.

Rocket
01-02-2014, 08:30 AM
I thought it was discussed that the possibility of ever producing even one part using the old tooling was just about impossible. Tooling may have some memorabilia value and scrap metal value - but unfortunately that may be it.

plumcrazy
01-02-2014, 08:31 AM
I thought it was discussed that the possibility of ever producing even one part using the old tooling was just about impossible. Tooling may have some memorabilia value and scrap metal value - but unfortunately that may be it.

what he said

Janni
01-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Re: tooling.

And remember - I am shooting in the dark here because info wasn't exactly flowing...

IIRC, there was still an outstanding "loan" for $XX,XXX to Chrysler for the tooling because it could not be given away - it had to be sold for at least the scrap value - based on internal accounting practices. Based on the size and weight of some of this stuff (if what I was told was accurate) some of this tooling has to be moved with a tractor trailer, and scrap value would be significant.

Could it be reused? Maybe. Would it likely have to be heavily refurbished? Yes. Is anyone still using the technology for that kind of manufacturing here in the US anymore? Unknown. Would it be more cost effective to establish new tooling with 2014 type manufacturing processes for less than the cost of refurbing and finding a company to make this? Possible / unknown.

These types of questions are why the "value" and even the overall viability of the tooling is questionable. I am not convinced that it would be an asset, or that it's even possible for someone like a little old car club to find, pay for and start up manufacturing from something like this in what is surely VERY small volumes. Based on the money still owed (again - that's what I was told) it's possible this stuff is a net liability.

VoodooRob
01-02-2014, 09:15 AM

Time will tell. If there is a demand for certain parts, aftermarket companies will reproduce them. If there is no profit to be made and reproductions do not exist then take/off and salvage parts will become more valuable. Back to the topic. I joined a car club 3 years ago and chose to join a different one this year, looking for nothing out of the previous club. Move on, its simple.

ViperSmith
01-02-2014, 11:00 AM
If aftermarket parts are needed, I think a vendor would setup up far cheaper than they could use the old tooling for.

With the costs of building carbon fiber parts going down by the year, those old machines will only be worth the scrap value.

I'd bet the right company could make the clamshell hoods a lot cheaper, even out of CF, that cost a lot less than the factory parts.

XSnake
01-02-2014, 11:43 AM
I'd bet the right company could make the clamshell hoods a lot cheaper, even out of CF, that cost a lot less than the factory parts.

Hoods are down to $3k from dealers...

ViperSmith
01-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Hoods are down to $3k from dealers...

For Gen I and II hoods? Didn't know!

XSnake
01-02-2014, 12:02 PM
For Gen I and II hoods? Didn't know!

Yes

Coloviper
01-02-2014, 12:24 PM
If all the tooling is there and kit cars are still popular and able to be sold. Could someone not buy all the tooling and recreate the Viper production line somewhere down the road to sell new Viper kit cars so someone can have a new GEN1/GENII/GENIII/GENIV for a fraction of the cost of a new Viper since new Vipers are in the 6+ figure range? Worked for the Cobra Kit cars!

Despite the value, scrap or whatever, there is still value there. Just because it is not the latest process or carbon fiber or whatever, there is still inherent value there in originality that can not be duplicated. Something is only original once. A survivor car is only a survivor if it is original. Yes you would have to retrofit the equipment with new automation/controls/SCADA parts as the old automation and controls equipment is no longer supported but that does not change the molds, etc. and can be done easily though takes money and time.

Only hope is if someone like Jon B, the Rauls or someone buys it and does good with it. I mean how great would it be and a pilgrimage to go out to a large warehouse somewhere and see a complete recreation of the Viper process as it was. Some of these collectors have the money to do that and the passion. Sorry to hijack to post but this subject should really be it's own thread as I believe everyone has an opinion to provide. It is a very, very forward thinking project as it will be a number of years before it would be worth it in the long run.

n49
01-02-2014, 12:42 PM
VCA owes me nothing other than 3 magazines - I don't really care about the magazines, it is the principle though.
I am now a member of the VOA and looking forward to seeing the club grow into a world class car club. Wanting to see that our region, Western Canada, maintains all members and has a great 2014 as part of the VOA!!
A fresh start!

whitebeard
01-02-2014, 01:11 PM
A hat......

Sybil TF
01-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Nothing, I got suspended the day before I was going to join. Perfect timing.

daytonprowler
01-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Nothing, I got suspended the day before I was going to join. Perfect timing.

This will make it all better::)

https://driveviper.com/join/

XSnake
01-02-2014, 02:00 PM

love the new membership # counter on the homepage

Sybil TF
01-02-2014, 02:04 PM

I'm in negotiations with my 8 other personalities. Hopefully they will come to a conclusion soon......

VYPR BYT
01-02-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm in negotiations with my 8 other personalities. Hopefully they will come to a conclusion soon......

You do realize that if this was your signature, it would be the best one hands down? LOL

daytonprowler
01-02-2014, 02:11 PM

We'll only charge you for one membership. ;-)

RoyV101621
01-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hijack to post but this subject should really be it's own thread as I believe everyone has an opinion to provide. It is a very, very forward thinking project as it will be a number of years before it would be worth it in the long run.
This is the discussion I had hoped for. The VOA can be about keeping the fun on the road. That tooling needs to be in trusted to someone worthy.