PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wipers for NVE

Vprbite
04-29-2016, 08:26 PM
Just a reminder. Those of us here in Arizona who almost never use them forget about them. I replaced mine a few months back and I think they were original. They were totally split and completely useless. Anyway, we may have some rain. Plus if you plan on hitting the track I think they can DQ you for your wipers being bad. So if yours are old and dry, call Eddie or Partsrack and try and get some new ones on there. Or at the very least put a coat of Rain-X on the windshield. That stuff works pretty well I have found. With the angle of our windshield and at speed, rain rolls right off.

Speedy G
04-30-2016, 11:16 AM
i take my windshield wipers off, the only time i put them on is when i travel long distance, pretty much always rains somewhere, never been dq for not having them on

Vprbite
04-30-2016, 01:06 PM
Not a bad idea to keep them off when you know you won't be using them. Stop the sun from drying them out. Only reason I mentioned the DQ on the track is they were listed on the tech portion of the what to expect email.

Mostly though, there is a chance we could hit rain somewhere along the drive. So be aware.

GABOON
05-02-2016, 11:08 AM
you know of good app. for checking weather conditions? been looking at various weather sites for extended forecasts and each site has different forecast. last few weeks weather on route we are driving has been nasty-- my wipers good though large hail or tornado would be problem.

LeadfootRT10
05-02-2016, 05:51 PM
you know of good app. for checking weather conditions? been looking at various weather sites for extended forecasts and each site has different forecast. last few weeks weather on route we are driving has been nasty-- my wipers good though large hail or tornado would be problem.

i wouldn't worry about weather forecasts until we're within 5 days. Longer forecasts tend to be more inaccurate.

Vprbite
05-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Yeah I'm not looking too much at forecasts. I said there is a good chance we will hit rain because of where we are headed and the fact that they tend to get rain much more than we do.

I just mean, we got rain while leaving Tombstone in May of 15 and my wiper was like a spaghetti noodle it had split so badly. Of course it is now replaced. But if nothing else, put a good coat of rain X on there.

LeadfootRT10
05-03-2016, 02:49 PM
It just occured to me that we'll be in New Orleans on Friday the 13th....

Vprbite
05-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Sweet. That means my voodoo doll of you will be extra effective. I'm performing a ritual to it that will give you the overwhelming desire to drink alcohol. I'm gonna prove that voodoo works.

LeadfootRT10
05-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Sweet. That means my voodoo doll of you will be extra effective. I'm performing a ritual to it that will give you the overwhelming desire to drink alcohol. I'm gonna prove that voodoo works.

"overwhelming desire to drink alcohol" describes my everyday existence....i don't think your voodoo doll needs any help.