PDA

View Full Version : how to remove the advanced aerodynamics spoiler ?

Viper_VA
04-24-2016, 12:56 AM
Hello,
Im thinking to buy a 2015 viper gts. I found it in a good price and nice color. But it has an advanced aerodynamics package. I realy dont like how the spoiler looks (as a personal preference). Im asking if there is anyway to remove it.

Thanks

flyingskibiker
04-28-2016, 09:56 PM
I would assume fishing line would work.

mjorgensen
04-29-2016, 09:34 AM
Hello,
Im thinking to buy a 2015 viper gts. I found it in a good price and nice color. But it has an advanced aerodynamics package. I realy dont like how the spoiler looks (as a personal preference). Im asking if there is anyway to remove it.

Thanks

Yes like he said fishing line, it is held on with windshield adhesive run around just the perimeter of the spoiler, bead about 1/4" thick.

quickster2
04-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Braided fishing line will work. Use leather gloves so you don't cut yourself. Tape the area around the spoiler so you don't scratch the paint. Work it side to side a bit whilst applying a steady pull.

Vprbite
07-11-2016, 04:48 AM
Then sell that bastard at a good price and make a few bucks and help out a fellow member.

Good luck!

bandit
06-17-2017, 03:08 AM
Hi all, are you all talking about the front splitter? im trying to figure out if its easy to remove - if you are then this seems relativly simple.

if not then does anyone know go to remove that - seemed like a lot of screws, but after undoing them it still seemed fully attached! Thanks

mjorgensen
06-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Hi all, are you all talking about the front splitter? im trying to figure out if its easy to remove - if you are then this seems relativly simple.

if not then does anyone know go to remove that - seemed like a lot of screws, but after undoing them it still seemed fully attached! Thanks

Splitters are riveted onto the fascia from back side.

Vipes
06-19-2017, 07:45 PM
This is the equivalent of removing a testicle.