PDA

View Full Version : Opening 2014 with MCS shock sale

mjorgensen
12-31-2013, 10:34 AM
2013 was the very best year we have had in my 11 years here for shock sales and to thank the Viper community we will be offering competitive pricing and (free shipping through 1/31/14) on the best shocks available for your Viper. We stock many sets including springs and may be able to ship same day for most orders including the newest single adjustable non-remotes and the tried and proven double adjustable remotes.

If you have any questions or want to check our current inventory feel free to call or email me anytime 7 days a week.

402-677-2935 Cell
mjorgensen@woodhouse.com

Thanks and have a safe prosperous 2014!

MtnBiker
12-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Ah. I want a set of those! But I will have to wait to ease the pain of all my latest expenditures on the car. Later this year hopefully :).

Steve M
12-31-2013, 11:46 AM
I got mine from Mark over a year ago, and I've been very pleased with everything...Mark was great to work with, and the shocks are a work of art.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/meentss02/IMG_1239.jpg

So here's my offer: if anyone is on the fence about ordering these and wants to experience them first hand before forking over the money (and let's be honest, it isn't an insignificant amount of money), I'm more than willing to offer a ride in my car. Obviously that's limited to the Dayton, OH area (Cincy is about 45 minutes away, Indy about 2 hrs, and Columbus about 1 hr), but still...it's something I wish I would have been able to do before ordering. Thankfully, the shocks really are as nice as they say, so I wasn't disappointed even buying them totally in the blind.

-Steve

C.J
12-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Great offer...too bad I'm not closer.

mjorgensen
12-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Great offer...too bad I'm not closer.

The singles are an easy install ;-)

Revolution
01-29-2014, 05:10 PM
what is the difference in price in the signals to the remotes?

mjorgensen
01-29-2014, 05:12 PM

- - - Updated - - -

About $1700

Troublemaker
01-29-2014, 05:45 PM
But the singles are upgradable, correct? It would be nice to see a completely modular shock that can grow as our skills do.

mjorgensen
01-30-2014, 07:59 AM

The remotes have separate adjustments for rebound and compression and the bypass system for harsh impact absorption is also located there. The canisters are generally routed to the interior of the trunk and the fronts into the engine compartment, although the factory mounting points for the GTS shocks can be used also if you fabricate "cups" to attach them. The doubles also have slightly larger shafts for extra rigidity and because they have additional space withing the shock body because of the remote reservoirs.

- - - Updated - - -

But the singles are upgradable, correct? It would be nice to see a completely modular shock that can grow as our skills do.

True although there is not a kit yet available or pricing to do this.

SSGNRDZ_28
01-30-2014, 08:47 AM
What are the weight advantages of either kit over stock Gen IV if any?

The non-remote set rides almost as well as the remote set, correct?

What are the recommended spring rates for Coupe and ACR? Is the damper calibrated differently for the two?

How much spring rate adjustment needs to be done for weight reduction (say per 100lbs for example) considerations if any?

Is it easy to get proper balance / corner weights without scales? Or is this not a consideration with this setup?

Same setup questions for ride height adjustments per corner.

Thanks!

mjorgensen
01-30-2014, 10:51 AM
What are the weight advantages of either kit over stock Gen IV if any?

The non-remote set rides almost as well as the remote set, correct?

What are the recommended spring rates for Coupe and ACR? Is the damper calibrated differently for the two?

How much spring rate adjustment needs to be done for weight reduction (say per 100lbs for example) considerations if any?

Is it easy to get proper balance / corner weights without scales? Or is this not a consideration with this setup?

Same setup questions for ride height adjustments per corner.

Thanks!

I have weight advantages shown here; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151657069677737.1073741854.167968157736&type=3 8.5# saved over the ACRX set up.

The singles have a very slightly BETTER ride then the doubles.

We recommend the 500/800 springs for the non aero cars and the ACR would need 500-550 front and 1100-1400 rears depending on your setup. The MCS have more then enough range of adjustment to cover these. If you were to be upgrading a track only ACR I would suggest the triples for the added low speed compression.

You really should use scales and a proper alignment to get the most out of this system, there is not a real accurate way to guess at it. Some people probably measure each corner and then duplicate it minus the drop they want, but you have to keep some rake in the car without aero and at least 1.5" of rake in the ACR.

SSGNRDZ_28
01-30-2014, 08:01 PM
So can they be bolted on directly from you without having to set the car up or are scales required for any installation?

Are the singles lighter than the doubles? Is the ACR-X suspension the same as the ACR? I saw somewhere the Gen III weighed 9.8lbs front and 11.8lbs rear, but I'm unsure if they are the same components as the Gen IV.

Can the springs be changed later if an aero kit is added? I assume a spring change requires adjusting the shock settings as well?

What are people using to measure ride height? What about scales?

mjorgensen
01-31-2014, 10:14 AM
So can they be bolted on directly from you without having to set the car up or are scales required for any installation?

Are the singles lighter than the doubles? Is the ACR-X suspension the same as the ACR? I saw somewhere the Gen III weighed 9.8lbs front and 11.8lbs rear, but I'm unsure if they are the same components as the Gen IV.

Can the springs be changed later if an aero kit is added? I assume a spring change requires adjusting the shock settings as well?

What are people using to measure ride height? What about scales?

You will get the shocks and springs separate and you will have to set all the heights yourself or your shop will. You can get the height and rake close by eyeball, but if you want exact or corner weights you will HAVE TO have scales, you will also have to have an alignment after this. When you get the alignment you will have to set the rake and frame heights.

The singles are the lightest of them all. The ACRX suspension is very similar to the ACR's, but with stiffer valving for the track only nature of them, weights should be the same for shocks alone, but the stiffer the spring rate the heavier the spring will be if the same length is used.

Yes the spring rates can be changed, the shocks will adjust for the change easily. You will need to re adjust the alignment and heights though because the stiffer rates can change corner weights and ride heights if just installed without any other changes.

You measure the ride height from the ground to the frame rails across the centerline between the front wheels and then the same in the rear. Make sure the alignment rack is set up to measure this correctly so it is actually ground height at the tire patch to the frame.

TheWessss
05-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Mark, I was just looking at my invoice and noticed freight on there. I didn't see any expiration date on your 2014 free freight offer for MCS shocks. Thanks again for all your help and tech advice. I can't wait to get these bad boys on just in time for COTA. Please advise.

mjorgensen
05-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Mark, I was just looking at my invoice and noticed freight on there. I didn't see any expiration date on your 2014 free freight offer for MCS shocks. Thanks again for all your help and tech advice. I can't wait to get these bad boys on just in time for COTA. Please advise.

I'll call you Wes.