PDA

View Full Version : Viper accident in Orlando

98intrigue
04-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Does anyone know of a Gen 3/4 coupe that is grey with silver stripes (assuming Gen 4 because of the color scheme) with a 'DRLOVE' plate? A friend just messaged me that the driver lost control on John Young Parkway.

cpinfdp
04-21-2016, 04:00 PM
Don't know him/her, hope they're okay though.

98intrigue
04-21-2016, 04:04 PM
I was just informed that the driver has passed. May he RIP.

Vipes
04-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Just saw this on the local news. Didn't know him or the car. It was a 2006 coupe with stock wheels and it looked like OEM run flats from what I could tell. Sad news, RIP.

Vipes
04-21-2016, 04:17 PM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/fhp-driver-dies-after-car-hit-ignites

City
04-21-2016, 04:24 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. - One man is dead after a crash ended with a car bursting into flames, according to Florida Highway Patrol.

The crash was reported on Commodity Circle and Equity Row just before 3 p.m. Thursday.

FHP said another vehicle crashed into a parked car, prompting a fire to ignite.

Troopers say the driver was pulled out of the burning car and taken to the hospital, but later died.

No other details were immediately available.

Check back for more on this story.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this seems to indicate that the Viper was parked, hit and burst into flames.

Vipes
04-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this seems to indicate that the Viper was parked, hit and burst into flames.

The article was not written well but on the TV it said the viper lost control and hit a parked car.

Fatboy 18
04-21-2016, 05:14 PM
:( RIP Sorry to hear :(

AZTVR
04-21-2016, 05:53 PM

The article was not written well but on the TV it said the viper lost control and hit a parked car.

The TV news person in the video clip in your link says "man is dead after his parked car was hit by another car".

I realize that this kind of tragedy occurs daily in many towns in the US; but, it does hit home when it is a fellow Viper owner that people here could know, personally. Sad.

cpinfdp
04-21-2016, 06:11 PM
Really sad to hear. RIP to the driver and thoughts go out to his family. That's not too far from where I work and drive by every day.

Vipes
04-21-2016, 06:36 PM
The TV news person in the video clip in your link says "man is dead after his parked car was hit by another car".

I realize that this kind of tragedy occurs daily in many towns in the US; but, it does hit home when it is a fellow Viper owner that people here could know, personally. Sad.

I don't know which news stories are correct but a lot are conflicting, see below. Either way, sad story.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-fatal-crash-commodity-circle-20160421-story.html

ViperPete
04-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Either story doesn't make sense seeing as where the car is located. Doesn't look like any parking lots are nearby and the car is 20 feet off the road.

RIP

98intrigue
04-21-2016, 10:40 PM
From my friend who texted me, the driver lost control of his car, went over a curb, and hit a parked car. The driver was not wearing a seat belt and was already deceased at the scene.

johniew398
04-22-2016, 03:37 AM
Sad, very sad.

MoparBoyy
04-22-2016, 06:26 AM
Saw this last night, yikes. This is why tires are important.

MoparBoyy
04-22-2016, 06:28 AM

just noticed thats not a Florida plate.

ViperTony
04-22-2016, 08:23 AM
"Troopers said Jerold Garner, 46, was traveling in a parking lot off Commodity Circle when for an unknown reason he lost control of his Dodge Viper.The Dodge traveled out of the parking lot across Commodity Circle and left the roadway. Troopers said the Dodge struck a fire hydrant and a tree.The Dodge traveled back on to Commodity Circle and into a parking lot, where the Dodge struck an unoccupied vehicle. Troopers said the Dodge caught fire."

I'm guessing that may have been a medical emergency. That's awful lot of distance to cover and objects to hit from just losing traction starting from within a parking lot. Anyway, RIP.

Viper Girl
04-22-2016, 02:47 PM
just noticed thats not a Florida plate.
Looks like one of the Cali black plates to me

http://www.wesh.com/image/view/-/39156970/medRes/1/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/14nuw75/-/poster--66--jpg.jpg

quote from article

"It sounded like they were doing burnouts in the parking lot. So we rushed out and saw a Viper dude who looked like he was out of control doing doughnuts and he hit a parked car and hopped over the bank into the bushes," Martus said.
"When I went outside, there was a parked car and I thought that was the car doing doughnuts. It was banged up and sideways. I still heard the revving so I looked down the hill and there it was, the back wheels still spinning," said Edward Mejia. He said he and the others rushed over and that the driver appeared to be unconscious.

"I busted in the window and unbuckled his seat belt and Ed hopped in. I grabbed his arm, Ed had his neck and we pulled him to the side and somebody was giving him CPR and stopped thinking he was gone, but I told him to just keep on going until the paramedics got there," Martus said.
When they arrived, Garner was rushed to the hospital, but later died.

melina
05-26-2016, 12:21 AM
Thank you everyone. RIP Jerry. Please know it was not the car that caused it, it was a medical emergency that happened while he was in the car.

Vprbite
05-26-2016, 04:12 AM
I'm so sorry to hear. As TVR said, yes people get in accidents everyday, but this is a small community and we do feel it when we lose one of our own. Whether in the car or not.

My thoughts go out to all who knew him or are related to him. Losing someone you care about is something you never get used to.

Melina, can you tell us more about what happened with the medical emergency? If you don't feel like it, we all respect that too.

God bless.

XSnake
05-26-2016, 08:20 AM
Very sorry to see and hear about this. :(

melina
05-26-2016, 09:14 AM
I wish he would have known of this site and community, he was awesome! The autopsy report isn't ready yet but the doctor perfoming it stated it looks like his heart stopped (heart attack). Thank you everyone

cubican
05-26-2016, 09:41 AM
My condolences these one hit close to home, my wife Joanne and I are close to the garners in Dfw. Praying for all of you.

Vipes
05-26-2016, 04:54 PM
That makes sense now, I just couldn't figure this situation out before. Very sad to hear, prayers sent out.

melina
05-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Thank you.

ViperPete
05-26-2016, 06:02 PM
Man.... RIP....

slovenom
05-26-2016, 10:59 PM
Prayers :( this is very saddening