PDA

View Full Version : Fl caravan to new orleans

DEMO MAN
04-21-2016, 10:15 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone from Central Florida area was interested in leaving Tuesday around 5:00 pm to head toward New Orleans. I was thinking maybe drive 4-5 hours up the road, eat dinner somewhere along the way, grab a hotel near Tallahassee and then meet ( around 9:00 am or so ) the group from Florida that plans on leaving really early Wednesday to make the dinner that night. Let me know and we can plan where to meet etc.

MoparBoyy
04-22-2016, 08:13 AM
I will be in the group leaving Orlando super duper early on Wednesday morning.

MoparBoyy
04-27-2016, 08:05 PM
OK, after thinking about it I dont want to get up at 4am and drive to NOLA, i'll join you on the early drive up..

Since we need to be there before 5pm on Wednesday the 11th to attend the welcome dinner and Orlando is 10hrs away. A few people have decided to drive to Tallahassee on the afternoon/evening of Tuesday the 10th, then leave from there in the morning on Wednesday, then we can have a relaxing 6 hr drive to NOLA. I found a hotel right off I-10 that exit also seems to have many hotel options, food and shopping if needed. The Holiday inn is only $100/night when booked online:

Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East
1653 Raymond Diehl Rd, Tallahassee, FL, 32308, ‏‎855-239-9222‎

kch_86
04-27-2016, 10:51 PM
I'll be joining the Tuesday night ride up to Tallahassee too.

DEMO MAN
04-28-2016, 01:03 PM
I'll be joining the Tuesday night ride up to Tallahassee too.

That's great, the more the better. I guess we need to pick a location to leave from. I'm in Lake Mary area, I know Alex lives about 20 miles east of civilization, any suggestions?

kch_86
04-28-2016, 06:17 PM
From looking at google maps' routes from Lake Mary and Alex's house, Eustis looks like it's on the way for all 3 of us (unless others are joining too?). Could have dinner in Eustis or wait until Ocala.

Don Garlits Drag racing museum (https://goo.gl/maps/SnqosxVyTPt) is also on everyone's way.

MoparBoyy
04-29-2016, 06:45 AM
From looking at google maps' routes from Lake Mary and Alex's house, Eustis looks like it's on the way for all 3 of us (unless others are joining too?). Could have dinner in Eustis or wait until Ocala.

Don Garlits Drag racing museum (https://goo.gl/maps/SnqosxVyTPt) is also on everyone's way.

yeah theres not much to stop for dinner in Eustis area, might be better off closer to the hwy. everyones more than welcome to just come to my house after work on tuesday and we can head out.

No hemi
04-30-2016, 12:39 PM
Have fun guys, I'll be there in spirit....

ViperPete
05-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Have fun you guys.
I wish I was going with you.

Next year for sure.

DEMO MAN
05-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Have fun you guys.

Next year for sure.

I really wish you guys were able to come, always great to have hometown Vipers on the trip. We really need to do a get together when Bart get back and you know we have to run Ocala again in Jan. I'm hoping all my changes will get me a little more speed in the half.

MoparBoyy
05-03-2016, 06:58 AM
Have fun you guys.

Next year for sure.

we'll miss you guys, this is going to be a great time.

ViperPete
05-05-2016, 06:07 PM
hey!

Why don't yall stop in Ocala for dinner? Then I can meet up with you at least! Maybe.... work permitting

MoparBoyy
05-06-2016, 06:23 AM
hey!

Why don't yall stop in Ocala for dinner? Then I can meet up with you at least! Maybe.... work permitting

we might be doing that, we'll keep you posted.