PDA

View Full Version : Loud Exhaust Inspection

Iamchris
04-19-2016, 07:48 AM
Hey all,
I picked up a gen 2 recently with Corsa exhaust and MM headers and Ill need to take it in for inspection soon.
Im located Mass which has some noise restrictions and while I plan to just bring it in and see how it goes, Im curious if anyone has any advice, especially someone local that might PM me a place that is more performance minded.
Aside from that, Im not sure what else I can do to squeak through inspection. I have original parts but i believe they were cut when they were removed. I also have high flow cats I could bolt on if that makes any difference.
Anyone have any experience, especially those in Mass?

dave6666
04-19-2016, 08:06 AM
Headers and a full exhaust is actually quite tame compared to heavily modified and opened up systems. I wouldn't worry about it.

smhog
04-19-2016, 09:43 AM
pm inbound

Mopar Steve
04-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Bikes are starting to get a hard time for noise also. A popular temp fix is steel wool. Stuff steel wool in the exhaust then run in a thin screw (Long enough to hold it) It works, it's a little bit ghetto, but easier than swapping the exhaust for inspection.

HKViper
04-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Bikes are starting to get a hard time for noise also. A popular temp fix is steel wool. Stuff steel wool in the exhaust then run in a thin screw (Long enough to hold it) It works, it's a little bit ghetto, but easier than swapping the exhaust for inspection.

I have MM headers and random tech high flo cats, with a random tech exhaust. Car is pretty loud. Where abouts are you located? I have a station I use where all they did was roll it in, and printed a ticket, they couldn't have been any less concerned with the formalities. Matter of fact, my reverse lights didn't work and he said there was no way he was going to fail my car but to just take care of it.

Hwy2h3ll
04-19-2016, 06:48 PM
You have a pm.