PDA

View Full Version : Ready to buy a G5 - Anyone selling soon?

zee
04-18-2016, 04:06 PM
UPDATE: Still looking for an Orange TA - let me know if you are considering selling. I am located in So Cal. I also like the LE so if I can get a great deal on that I would consider. Thanks!

esm_viper
04-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Have you seen this one yet?

http://www.viperexchange.com/vehicle-details/2014-dodge-srt-viper-time-attack-tx-id-12350174

zee
04-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Have you seen this one yet?

http://www.viperexchange.com/vehicle-details/2014-dodge-srt-viper-time-attack-tx-id-12350174

I did! I spoke to them about it and unfortunately it's just something I cant make work. They want $93k plus all the other added costs of travel/shipping will be tough for me to swing right now. Thanks for the help though.

ViperJon
04-18-2016, 05:51 PM
That's my orange TA that Tomball is selling, I traded it in for an ACR-E. I can tell you unequivocally it's perfect. Oil was changed three times in only 1700 miles and the body is flawless. Wrapped everywhere with XPEL's best. Great car. But everybody has a budget and the extremely low mileage has bumped the price up. Good luck in your hunt.

swexlin
04-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Zee, you won't find a nicer car than Jon's. See if you can swing it, would be worth it in the long run

zee
04-18-2016, 07:22 PM
Zee, you won't find a nicer car than Jon's. See if you can swing it, would be worth it in the long run

Wish I could! Too rich for me right now

Vipes
04-18-2016, 07:51 PM
If you buy Ryan's orange TA in Tampa I can drive it over for you. ;)

zee
04-18-2016, 08:52 PM
If you buy Ryan's orange TA in Tampa I can drive it over for you. ;)

LOL - I will keep that in mind!

Batmobile
04-18-2016, 08:58 PM
16838 I will sell mine with all bolt ons

Viper Girl
04-18-2016, 08:59 PM
http://driveviper.com/classifieds/gen-v/p1456-2013-track-pack-with-arrow-ecu-4400-miles.html

wrap it... fly in drive it home...

or Central Cal, blue and white

http://driveviper.com/classifieds/gen-v/p1448-2013-gts-launch-edition-2398-of-150.html

zee
04-18-2016, 09:07 PM
http://driveviper.com/classifieds/gen-v/p1456-2013-track-pack-with-arrow-ecu-4400-miles.html

wrap it... fly in drive it home...

or Central Cal, blue and white

http://driveviper.com/classifieds/gen-v/p1448-2013-gts-launch-edition-2398-of-150.html

Yep - definitely seen those for a while now and thinking about it. Trying to hold off for a TA as long as I can unless I get a great deal on something else. Thanks for the help!

Tad
04-19-2016, 09:23 AM
I am selling my 2014 white GTS with Arrow PCM and full Belanger exhaust for $89k. I know it's low on your list, but in perfect shape with only 3400 ish miles on it. PM me for pics if you are interested.

Bruce H.
04-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Not sure how you can have your mind set on a T/A, and specifically an orange T/A, but say you'll consider just about everything else. Hopefully you'll find a private sale that might fit into your preferred budget, but you already know that could be tough, and for black and white T/A's as well. If you do have some room in your budget then just focus on finding a good condition and fairly priced T/A, whatever that value might be, and buy it. Getting an incredible deal on something other than what you really want is not an incredible deal at all as you'll always wished you had held out for what you really wanted. Just my 2 cents.

G37Sam
04-19-2016, 11:17 AM

Amen! It's listed at 97 and 93k though. What's happening?

zee
04-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Not sure how you can have your mind set on a T/A, and specifically an orange T/A, but say you'll consider just about everything else. Hopefully you'll find a private sale that might fit into your preferred budget, but you already know that could be tough, and for black and white T/A's as well. If you do have some room in your budget then just focus on finding a good condition and fairly priced T/A, whatever that value might be, and buy it. Getting an incredible deal on something other than what you really want is not an incredible deal at all as you'll always wished you had held out for what you really wanted. Just my 2 cents.

Bruce - well said. I actually agree with you 100%. I think I am getting a bit impatient so I am open to other G5s other than an Orange TA. If I were to get a great deal and was able to spend some left over budget on wrapping the car and other mods I think I could satisfy my itch. But at the end of the day, I think you're right. I simply love the Orange TA so much that I think I am fooling myself entertaining other cars and will likely regret going with anything else.

I think $85k is a fair amount to spend on an Orange TA with around 5,000 miles or so. Let's see if I can find someone willing to part with theirs at that price...

V10powerr
04-19-2016, 01:00 PM
my red track pack is listed at 73 with arrow tune, window tint, roof wrap and paint protection- will sell for 71500- not sure what your definition of a great deal is but i think this is a pretty good deal. tires and brakes in good condition show that car has not been abused and 2 years left on warranty.

Brian GTS
04-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Considering the sale of my Stryker green, but that is not one of your choices. :)

zee
04-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Considering the sale of my Stryker green, but that is not one of your choices. :)

How much? Green sure is pretty! I know another member here who might be interested as well.

V1P3R
04-19-2016, 02:07 PM
The Stryker Green is AAAMMMAAAAZZZIIIINNNGGGG!!!!!

Viktimize
04-19-2016, 02:07 PM

Nobody could go wrong with that Stryker Green of yours. That thing is gorgeous.

ViperSmith
04-19-2016, 03:18 PM

um price?

Bruce H.
04-19-2016, 04:16 PM
Pm for price on this forum....posting price seems to often encourage inappropriate comments from those who are not potential buyers.

CarolinaViper
04-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Brian's Viper is excellent...you can't go wrong with this vehicle, amazing to look at.

C.J
04-19-2016, 08:51 PM

Tell me it ain't so...I thought you'd never sell your Stryker Green.

PittsburghRT
04-21-2016, 07:34 PM

Don't do it Brian. I was hoping to buy this one from you someday too. :)

zee
04-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Ok ok maybe I really do only want an orange TA since it's the first thing I see everyday :)

ViperPete
04-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Hold out and get what you really want.

A little over a year ago I was in the same boat.

I looked at a few Vipers, negotiated a little but... and then the right one found me!

Don't settle! If your heart is set on orange.... GET AN ORANGE ONE!!!!!

I wanted a LE and an even better car came my way...

Bruce H.
04-21-2016, 10:16 PM
Ok ok maybe I really do only want an orange TA since it's the first thing I see everyday :)

or go completely pissed off...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/GT2860RS/untitled9_zpsbf1bd202.png (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/GT2860RS/media/untitled9_zpsbf1bd202.png.html)

serpent
04-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Saw on cargurus, carl burger in LA Mesa has a red '13 $65k 3,1xx miles.
Since you're going to wrap anyways!

zee
04-22-2016, 12:05 PM
Saw on cargurus, carl burger in LA Mesa has a red '13 $65k 3,1xx miles.
Since you're going to wrap anyways!

Saw that - branded title - was a buyback

V10powerr
04-22-2016, 01:39 PM
i was going to say, thats a smokin deal but when its too good to be true, ........

zee
04-23-2016, 11:49 AM
or go completely pissed off...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/GT2860RS/untitled9_zpsbf1bd202.png (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/GT2860RS/media/untitled9_zpsbf1bd202.png.html)

Gorgeous!! Black looks mean

Andi
04-23-2016, 01:39 PM

:) :) it's Bruce's fault that I bought mine :) :)

Bruce H.
04-23-2016, 04:24 PM

I can't imagine anything looking as intimidating filling the mirrors of just about any supercar you'll find on track, or on the road. I get the pass-by signal so quickly, cars pulling way over like I was delivering the beer, GT3's diving into the pits to avoid being lapped...craziness! Now I know black is your #2 pick, I get that color is a personal preference, and orange is the color we first saw the TA in with Randy at Laguna Seca...but a black TA, OMG...stunning and sexy as can be!!!

The problem with the '14 black TA is there just aren't enough to go around. 33. World wide. 1 of 3 limited edition TA colors and you never see them. There wouldn't have even been one at NVE1 had a nice couple from Canada not brought the only one in Canada :) We're talking about a seriously and crazy rare TA here, the last of the three TA colors built (and all after the engine issue was resolved I believe). Clean examples are going to hold their value just like the other 2 colors. So if you happened to find a nice black one that you like I'd jump on it pronto...like Andi did!

:) :) it's Bruce's fault that I bought mine :) :)

Hehe...nice score buddy!

zee
04-23-2016, 05:33 PM
I can't imagine anything looking as intimidating filling the mirrors of just about any supercar you'll find on track, or on the road. I get the pass-by signal so quickly, cars pulling way over like I was delivering the beer, GT3's diving into the pits to avoid being lapped...craziness! Now I know black is your #2 pick, I get that color is a personal preference, and orange is the color we first saw the TA in with Randy at Laguna Seca...but a black TA, OMG...stunning and sexy as can be!!!

The problem with the '14 black TA is there just aren't enough to go around. 33. World wide. 1 of 3 limited edition TA colors and you never see them. There wouldn't have even been one at NVE1 had a nice couple from Canada not brought the only one in Canada :) We're talking about a seriously and crazy rare TA here, the last of the three TA colors built (and all after the engine issue was resolved I believe). Clean examples are going to hold their value just like the other 2 colors. So if you happened to find a nice black one that you like I'd jump on it pronto...like Andi did

It's crazy how rare black and white are but been seeing a few for sale lately. There's actually 2 black TAs for sale right now. One listed at 95k and the other 87k. I'm gonna try and hold off for the right orange one as long as I can!!

swexlin
04-23-2016, 09:21 PM
Our PA Pres Bryan Savage had his Orange TA at Hershey today at the show we were at. I've seen it in person before, and it always stuns me. He drives it all over. I myself put 238 miles on today, about 60 of that in POURING rain on the PA Turnpike and local, on my new Corsas. No traction issues at all, by the way.

You'll find the right car.

zee
04-24-2016, 03:00 AM
Thanks Swexlin. Hope it's soon!!

What is the odds that black TA #14 and #15 are on sale at same time? Crazy!

Vipes
04-24-2016, 11:24 AM
Thanks Swexlin. Hope it's soon!!

What is the odds that black TA #14 and #15 are on sale at same time? Crazy!

Hopefully those 2 letterings are able to be removed without damage on #14. The orange doesn't even match. SMH

Unorthodox
04-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Best of luck with your search Zee!

Michael

Bruce H.
04-24-2016, 08:13 PM
It's crazy how rare black and white are but been seeing a few for sale lately. There's actually 2 black TAs for sale right now. One listed at 95k and the other 87k. I'm gonna try and hold off for the right orange one as long as I can!!

Good time to find a TA as purchases of the new ACR by current TA owners is resulting in some becoming available.

zee
04-27-2016, 01:31 AM
Good time to find a TA as purchases of the new ACR by current TA owners is resulting in some becoming available.

Yes! Still looking anxiously everyday. I want to be around 80-85k for a TA. I can't push it much more than that unfortunately. I think that's very reasonable...hopefully I can come across the right car soon

Bruce H.
04-27-2016, 04:49 AM
Yes! Still looking anxiously everyday. I want to be around 80-85k for a TA. I can't push it much more than that unfortunately. I think that's very reasonable...hopefully I can come across the right car soon

Resale prices have generally been considerably higher than that, naturally varying by mileage, condition, history and so on. What orange TA's have you seen purchased for less than $90k, and would you have bought them for your needs? Hopefully you'll eventually find one, but with production ending I have a feeling demand and prices are going to be extremely strong for the TA's.

Hopefully your aggressive search will find the right car...good luck!

Bruce

Next Phase
04-27-2016, 09:10 AM
Hold out for what you really want... or you'll regret it.

I think you'll eventually find one... problem is, it will probably be in the Fall / Winter of 2016. There are a few orange cars for sale in the $90k range... your top dollar is $85k. I'm sure you could split the difference with the seller. $5k isn't all that much to be able to drive one this month, ya know what I'm sayin'?

Then again, the hunt is sometimes more fun than the kill... ha ha

rlhay2
04-27-2016, 02:30 PM
If Dodge's swan song is to offer the Gen V in a vert or a factory targa top, my '13 white SRT track pack would be for sale!!

ddominator1
04-28-2016, 09:10 AM
Cosidering selling my yorange 2.0 but wanted to wait and see what this 2017 special edition is all about.. Personally I like 2.o better than ACR just bc im not a huge track fanatic and like options of TA model including HK sound system. I do however love ACR aerodynamics, suspension .. tail a bit too much for my taste and overpowering. ill keep you informed zee.. just may be a bit out of your $ range?

98intrigue
04-28-2016, 12:12 PM
Cosidering selling my yorange 2.0 but wanted to wait and see what this 2017 special edition is all about.. Personally I like 2.o better than ACR just bc im not a huge track fanatic and like options of TA model including HK sound system. I do however love ACR aerodynamics, suspension .. tail a bit too much for my taste and overpowering. ill keep you informed zee.. just may be a bit out of your $ range?
Selling before I even get to see the car? Can't be...

bayviper
04-28-2016, 01:29 PM
Zee,

if you like orange and black this T/A #8/33 might be the best of both worlds. Painted orange stripes professionally done, otherwise stock besides a few nice to haves: carbon door sills, carbon center wheel caps, new tires.

http://hoepfner.net/other/viper/stripe2.JPG

http://hoepfner.net/other/viper/stripe3.JPG

ddominator1
04-28-2016, 03:33 PM
haha. .hey brother..looong time man.. nvr made it out to dupont.. hows things? well.. wouldnt mind considering a "special edition" model so well see. Im thinking maybe a moded ACR or something?? hows car doing? looking good. Had nine at sarasota car fest a few months back. bunch of guys from viper association and good showing.. i had the best looking one there though :)

Unorthodox
04-28-2016, 05:59 PM
Resale prices have generally been considerably higher than that, naturally varying by mileage, condition, history and so on. What orange TA's have you seen purchased for less than $90k, and would you have bought them for your needs? Hopefully you'll eventually find one, but with production ending I have a feeling demand and prices are going to be extremely strong for the TA's.

Hopefully your aggressive search will find the right car...good luck!

Bruce

Appreciate you posting this Bruce....the price of my TA will rise as the market changes (supply decreases and demand increases), not drop. With summer around the corner, the demand will further increase. I've heard of Orange TA's selling for mid-80's and I've also heard of the STORIES that came with those cars....lol

I've received at least one offer a week for 85k minimum; however, I'm firm at a VERY FAIR 90k for my car. Furthermore, if VE sells their car before I do, my price will go UP accordingly.

Michael

zee
04-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Hold out for what you really want... or you'll regret it.

I think you'll eventually find one... problem is, it will probably be in the Fall / Winter of 2016. There are a few orange cars for sale in the $90k range... your top dollar is $85k. I'm sure you could split the difference with the seller. $5k isn't all that much to be able to drive one this month, ya know what I'm sayin'?

Then again, the hunt is sometimes more fun than the kill... ha ha

Yep I fell you on that!

zee
04-28-2016, 08:54 PM

Appreciate that. I personally prefer the orange on the TA 1.0.

zee
04-29-2016, 10:39 AM
Zee,

if you like orange and black this T/A #8/33 might be the best of both worlds. Painted orange stripes professionally done, otherwise stock besides a few nice to haves: carbon door sills, carbon center wheel caps, new tires.

Interesting combo!! Not 100% sure about it but very unique!

Bruce H.
04-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Here's an orange one in Canada worth considering. Factor in the exchange rate and it's $114, 995 Cdn price is very competitively priced for you guys in the US, and an excellent buy in Canada given the way the new TA prices have dramatically increased. Excellent dealer as well. Only problem with the car is the low mileage that indicates it hasn't been properly enjoyed yet!

ViperSmith
04-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Zee,

I love/hate your car :D

Bruce H.
04-30-2016, 03:39 PM
Oops, forgot to include the link...

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Dodge/SRT+Viper/Toronto/Ontario/5_27567653_ON20080520095710101/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=14_100_156

Here's an orange one in Canada worth considering. Factor in the exchange rate and it's $114, 995 Cdn price is very competitively priced for you guys in the US, and an excellent buy in Canada given the way the new TA prices have dramatically increased. Excellent dealer as well. Only problem with the car is the low mileage that indicates it hasn't been properly enjoyed yet!

zee
04-30-2016, 07:43 PM
Oops, forgot to include the link...

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Dodge/SRT+Viper/Toronto/Ontario/5_27567653_ON20080520095710101/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=14_100_156

Isn't warranty void?

Tylerqb
04-30-2016, 07:52 PM

http://www.corcars.com/vehicle-inventory/2015-dodge-viper-srt-ta-20

Ludington1
04-30-2016, 09:03 PM

Wow, that orange 2.0 is amazing!!!

donk_316
04-30-2016, 09:49 PM
YORANGE would be correct on TA2 unless it's a GTC custom paint TA2.
2014 was the only orange year.

The stripes on that TA ARE HERESY!!

Bruce H.
04-30-2016, 11:54 PM
Isn't warranty void?I'm not sure about that, but do know that a US vehicle warranty isn't valid in Canada.

zee
05-01-2016, 12:29 AM
I'm not sure about that, but do know that a US vehicle warranty isn't valid in Canada.

I'm pretty sure if the car comes to the US from Canada the warranty is voided.

Canadian venom
05-01-2016, 05:05 AM
I'm pretty sure if the car comes to the US from Canada the warranty is voided.

Well, you cannot have anything for nothing....

Special Ed
05-01-2016, 07:04 AM

Is that price in US dollars? That's more than it cost new. $109,490.00 on the Dodge web site.

Vipes
05-01-2016, 10:40 AM
The stripes on that TA ARE HERESY!!

Is that good or bad?

zee
05-02-2016, 01:10 AM
I changed to the new month on my calendar my mother in law gave me with no idea what car would be next. It's a sign!!

donk_316
05-02-2016, 03:52 AM
Is that price in US dollars? That's more than it cost new. $109,490.00 on the Dodge web site.

Cant speak for this exact car but the TA2 sold for 117,500 CDN in 2015 plus any options, tax, green levy and delivery. Thats a Canadian car in Canada on a Canadian website.

Vipes
05-03-2016, 04:25 PM
I changed to the new month on my calendar my mother in law gave me with no idea what car would be next. It's a sign!!

Nice, find anything yet? Lots of deals out there!

zee
05-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Nice, find anything yet? Lots of deals out there!

Not yet!! Hopefully soon. My heart is set on the Orange TA just trying to get my finances in order so I can afford it lol

Vipes
05-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Not yet!! Hopefully soon. My heart is set on the Orange TA just trying to get my finances in order so I can afford it lol

Ha, it's great that you know what you want and don't want to settle. I can't make up my mind. I've been taking my time to see what the 2017 final edition is about and pricing but I'll probably just grab a leftover 2014/15.

zee
05-06-2016, 02:00 AM
Ha, it's great that you know what you want and don't want to settle. I can't make up my mind. I've been taking my time to see what the 2017 final edition is about and pricing but I'll probably just grab a leftover 2014/15.

It's been VERY hard. I just sold my NSX and have the cash in hand. I hope to be in one very soon :bth_smiley_formula1

zee
05-08-2016, 11:59 PM
UPDATE: Still looking for an Orange TA - let me know if you are considering selling. I am located in So Cal. I also like the LE so if I can get a great deal on that I would consider. Thanks!

zee
05-20-2016, 12:13 AM
Update - finalizing a deal on a LE in the next week or 2 depending on results of r28. Just in case anything falls through, let me know if anyone is considering selling. My #1 is still an Orange TA. Cheers

One Viper Bite
05-20-2016, 12:57 AM
Update - finalizing a deal on a LE in the next week or 2 depending on results of r28. Just in case anything falls through, let me know if anyone is considering selling. My #1 is still an Orange TA. Cheers

Saw this today on the VOA Facebook group! 17430

Here is a link to the post! https://www.facebook.com/groups/BestViperClub/permalink/619358301573252/

zee
05-20-2016, 01:42 AM
Saw this today on the VOA Facebook group! 17430

Here is a link to the post! https://www.facebook.com/groups/BestViperClub/permalink/619358301573252/

Thanks so much for letting me know!! I sent a message to the seller. Much appreciated!

One Viper Bite
05-20-2016, 01:55 AM
Thanks so much for letting me know!! I sent a message to the seller. Much appreciated!

Woohoo! It's meant to be my friend! Literally went up for sale less than 12 hours ago! And it's in CO so not too far from us here in a SoCal!

Good Luck!

Next Phase
05-20-2016, 03:21 PM
I was going to forward the orange TA to you that I saw on FB, but didn't know your name...

Good luck with getting into an orange TA. Don't settle on your 2nd choice.

Terminator02
07-23-2016, 12:25 AM
That's my orange TA that Tomball is selling, I traded it in for an ACR-E. I can tell you unequivocally it's perfect. Oil was changed three times in only 1700 miles and the body is flawless. Wrapped everywhere with XPEL's best. Great car. But everybody has a budget and the extremely low mileage has bumped the price up. Good luck in your hunt.

Sorry to appropriately resurrect an older thread but wow how cool. Amazing that in only a couple months i picked up Viperjohns mint TA that was going for 93k for 80k but with the full stage ll that was added with a brief owner in between. I'm so grateful for this vehicle. The xpel is exactly how I would have done the job. Great discerning detail to xpel the door handle as that is a huge scratch spot from just skin touching the paint. My detailer and I used to talk about doing that on my black car. The heads and cam package on this specific TA was one of the nicest done according to the guys at Tomball. Such a cool car and definitely worth the upgrade from my GT. This is exactly the car and options I would have wanted and got lucky getting such a well cared for car from our forum members.

zee
07-23-2016, 12:35 AM
Sorry to appropriately resurrect an older thread but wow how cool. Amazing that in only a couple months i picked up Viperjohns mint TA that was going for 93k for 80k but with the full stage ll that was added with a brief owner in between. I'm so grateful for this vehicle. The xpel is exactly how I would have done the job. Great discerning detail to xpel the door handle as that is a huge scratch spot from just skin touching the paint. My detailer and I used to talk about doing that on my black car. The heads and cam package on this specific TA was one of the nicest done according to the guys at Tomball. Such a cool car and definitely worth the upgrade from my GT. This is exactly the car and options I would have wanted and got lucky getting such a well cared for car from our forum members.

Yeah great deal! Funny how you almost talked yourself out of it. I got a pretty sweet deal as well but took me forever since I wanted a stock one with only r29 issued. Amazing cars. Glad you got to join club orange! Enjoy the beast.

Terminator02
07-23-2016, 12:56 AM
Yeah great deal! Funny how you almost talked yourself out of it. I got a pretty sweet deal as well but took me forever since I wanted a stock one with only r29 issued. Amazing cars. Glad you got to join club orange! Enjoy the beast.

Thanks zee. I'm definitely happy as I really loved TAs the most. I got pretty lucky with snatching this up. I gotta tell you, after driving a stock GT with the bells and whistles for 3k miles and this built car, I would recommend looking into some bolt ons. The car is truly a different beast when unleashed. It feels a lot more like my old gen 2 as far as power delivery. I'd say the only reason to not do modding would be for warranty purposes; especially if you plan to extend the warranty. I am glad I didn't mod my GT or I wouldn't have made the upgrade. You will probably get the upgrade itch; it infects most:)

zee
07-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Thanks zee. I'm definitely happy as I really loved TAs the most. I got pretty lucky with snatching this up. I gotta tell you, after driving a stock GT with the bells and whistles for 3k miles and this built car, I would recommend looking into some bolt ons. The car is truly a different beast when unleashed. It feels a lot more like my old gen 2 as far as power delivery. I'd say the only reason to not do modding would be for warranty purposes; especially if you plan to extend the warranty. I am glad I didn't mod my GT or I wouldn't have made the upgrade. You will probably get the upgrade itch; it infects most:)

agreed! I am very happy with my power at the moment - way more than I need for the type of driving I do. The warranty does concern me so that is why I wanted a stock one. I typically switch out cars every few years to experience new things so like to keep them stock and enjoy them how they were built. The TA is by far the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Congrats again - it definitely was a steal!