PDA

View Full Version : Foxboro Stadium cruise night opening night.

capevettes
04-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Anyone going tonight? Opening night at Foxboro Stadium. It's the largest cruise night in New England. Held every other Thursday starting around 4 PM. I'm driving my Sapphire Blue GTS up from the Cape. There have been as many as 2,000 cars of all types there some nights. I'm usually the only Viper.

capevettes
04-15-2016, 06:42 AM
Not as many many cars as usual and only one other Viper last night. It was a B/W 96 or 97 GTS. Nobody around the car when I went over. Nice drive up and back. 120 mile round trip.

Martin2000GTS
04-15-2016, 07:56 AM
Not as many many cars as usual and only one other Viper last night. It was a B/W 96 or 97 GTS. Nobody around the car when I went over. Nice drive up and back. 120 mile round trip.

THat may have been Dave G! Dave chime in! Were you there last night?

Paul, We have been to a few of those events problem is timing. Most of the members are from the North Shore, so we have to go through Boston and fight the traffic, and usually in mid summer you want to get there early. Last year I met Dave G and a few other new members I got to join the club as well. However I had to leave work at around 1PM.

Can we make you the official New England club recruiter for the Foxboro events? I mean its only 120 miles round trip for you....

capevettes
04-15-2016, 08:35 AM
THat may have been Dave G! Dave chime in! Were you there last night?

Paul, We have been to a few of those events problem is timing. Most of the members are from the North Shore, so we have to go through Boston and fight the traffic, and usually in mid summer you want to get there early. Last year I met Dave G and a few other new members I got to join the club as well. However I had to leave work at around 1PM.

Can we make you the official New England club recruiter for the Foxboro events? I mean its only 120 miles round trip for you....
Martin, Now that I'm retired I don't want to run anything, but official recruiter for the Foxboro event doesn't sound like it carries an overwhelming commitment!!! I try to get there by 4 PM but it is tough for you guys trying to get there through rush hour traffic.

capevettes
04-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Heading up again tomorrow but I'm bringing my green 65 Vette convertible. Anyone going? Looks like a great night as far as weather.

capevettes
04-29-2016, 06:32 AM
Nice night for a cruise last night. Maybe 200 cars of all types. One B&W 96/7 Viper. Not sure if it was Dave or not. Went over to it a couple of times but the driver was not around.

Martin2000GTS
05-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Paul!

Thanks for the updates! I will be making it down soon when the weather gets better. Now that I work from home I have some better flexibility. Hope to see you soon. Did you sign up for the Lobster Roll event its goping to be huge.

Martin-

daveg
05-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Apologies, just saw this post...
So I was just talking to Martin and told him it was not my car and I haven't even driven it this year. Still sitting on the lift. I would be up for going if you want to go some night..

Guess I should watch this thread.....

PS, the only show I went to this year was at the Dog track in Raynham but that was in my Sons Plumb Crazy Challenger SRT8

PSS, I believe I have seen that car and if its the sane one, its a 97...

capevettes
05-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Apologies, just saw this post...
So I was just talking to Martin and told him it was not my car and I haven't even driven it this year. Still sitting on the lift. I would be up for going if you want to go some night..

Guess I should watch this thread.....

PS, the only show I went to this year was at the Dog track in Raynham but that was in my Sons Plumb Crazy Challenger SRT8

PSS, I believe I have seen that car and if its the sane one, its a 97...
Dave, I will probably bring the Viper up next Thursday if it's a nice day. Tomorrow (Saturday) there is a show at Mashpee High School if you're on the Cape. 9 AM to 3 PM. It is a benefit for Veterans. I'm going in the Viper.

daveg
05-06-2016, 06:30 PM
So I just arrived in Falmouth but I didn't bring my car... Had to take the wife's RX350 with a Kayak and some Patio Furniture... Still trying to get settled down here before the summer months so unfortunately I wont be able to make it... BUT, next Thursday, weather permitting sounds great....
If I don't have a paintbrush in my hand, I will try and take a ride down since I am minutes from there...

capevettes
05-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Great, I'll be there. Long range forecast looks like 60's and sunny. We're certainly due for some sunlight!!!!

daveg
05-08-2016, 05:29 AM
OK, I will be in touch as the week progresses... What I do is bring my car to work and then go to the show from there. If for some reason you cant go let me know the night before that way I don't bring my car to work with me
Talk soon...

daveg
05-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Just took the car off the rack and the battery is not holding a charge.. Going to have to pick up a battery and find time to put it in before Thursday....

capevettes
05-10-2016, 06:08 AM
Just took the car off the rack and the battery is not holding a charge.. Going to have to pick up a battery and find time to put it in before Thursday....

That's not fun. PITA to change. I keep the newer cars on a C-Tek 3300 battery tender. They work pretty good. Looks like sunny and 70's for Thursday. I plan to be there by 3 PM.

daveg
05-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Paul, Battery is in and car is running.
I get out of work at 3:00 and it takes me about a half or so to get there. If possible, save a spot, so we can park together (providing I can find you) I will PM you my cell number..

capevettes
05-11-2016, 07:34 AM
Dave, I'm going to Holliston at Noon to Auto Nuvo to have a clear bra installed on the front end. Should be to Foxboro before you. I come in the show car entrance, over the bridge and park in the first area so I can set up a lounge chair and watch everyone come in. I'll recognize your car and wave you in.

Paul

capevettes
06-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Driving up from the Cape today for the cruise night if anyone is going, I'll see you there. Somebody had a new ACR there a few weeks ago. Don't know if that's anyone on this Forum?

Martin2000GTS
06-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Hey Paul! Not sure who had the new ACR but tell them about the event on Sunday! Try and get their phone numbers and emails if they are interested and Ill contact them. For each new recruit you will earn one lobster roll or a hot dog on Sunday. lol

daveg
06-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Hey Paul! Not sure who had the new ACR but tell them about the event on Sunday! Try and get their phone numbers and emails if they are interested and Ill contact them. For each new recruit you will earn one lobster roll or a hot dog on Sunday. lol
Ya, that's how Martin tricked me.. LOL....

capevettes
06-10-2016, 08:04 AM

An extra lobster roll sounds better than a hot mutt!! The ACR was not there last night. Only one Viper, a Gen 4 GTS, silver.

#3VOIX
06-10-2016, 11:11 AM
An extra lobster roll sounds better than a hot mutt!! The ACR was not there last night. Only one Viper, a Gen 4 GTS, silver.

Hi Paul,
That was me! I didn't see you, sorry. I saw the white ACR myself two weeks.
See you Sunday!
Shawn
09 VOIX

capevettes
06-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Hi Paul,
That was me! I didn't see you, sorry. I saw the white ACR myself two weeks.
See you Sunday!
Shawn
09 VOIX
Shawn, Sorry I missed you. I was looking at your car for a while but you weren't around it. Looked nice. I actually drove up in my red Z06 last night. My Corvette buddies have been giving me a hard time about driving up in the Viper all the time.

#3VOIX
06-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Shawn, Sorry I missed you. I was looking at your car for a while but you weren't around it. Looked nice. I actually drove up in my red Z06 last night. My Corvette buddies have been giving me a hard time about driving up in the Viper all the time.

...lol
I must've been checking out the rides. Your Corvette buddies are just envious = )

JackKeane
06-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Anyone going to this next week? Not sure if I want to do this or Barrett Jackson.

capevettes
06-14-2016, 01:53 PM
I'm probably driving up from the Cape a week from Thursday. I'm not doing BJ. I did Mecum in Kissimmee last January and I think I've seen enough of the big auctions. Should be a good one in Ct. for their first foray into the Northeast though.

JackKeane
06-14-2016, 02:11 PM
I decided on Bass Pro for next Thursday and BJ for Saturday. Are you taking a Viper or Vette? We should meet up regardless.

capevettes
06-14-2016, 05:06 PM
I decided on Bass Pro for next Thursday and BJ for Saturday. Are you taking a Viper or Vette? We should meet up regardless.

I'll probably bring the Viper up. I'll reach out to you as we get closer.

JackKeane
06-14-2016, 05:58 PM
Cool my numbers 508-769-5080 if you want to call or text.

JackKeane
06-23-2016, 06:55 AM
I'm still heading down there today. Anyone else in?

capevettes
06-23-2016, 07:09 AM
I'm still heading down there today. Anyone else in?

Jack, I'm planning on going up in the Sapphire Blue GTS. I usually get there pretty early, 2:30ish. I park near the area at the beginning of the parking lot. I should be in a chair near the car with a cigar going.

Paul

JackKeane
06-23-2016, 08:34 AM
I'm hoping to get there at noon. I will be over there. Black 99 GTS. I will also be puffing a stogie!! If you don't see me for whatever reason shoot me a call. My numbers in a post above. Looking forward to meeting you Paul!

capevettes
06-23-2016, 10:09 AM
OK Jack. I'll see you there. I have your number.

Anyone else coming? Dave?

JackKeane
06-24-2016, 08:01 AM
Great meeting you Paul. It was nice to have a chat over a beer and a cigar with a fellow car nut!

capevettes
06-25-2016, 08:22 AM
Great meeting you Paul. It was nice to have a chat over a beer and a cigar with a fellow car nut!

It was a pleasure to meet you Jack. I always like to meet a guy that drives around with a growler in the back of the car!!! We will share one with a cigar in the near future.

Martin2000GTS
06-27-2016, 09:03 PM
Nice you guys met! Jack you missed a great event a month ago in the cape Paul put together it was a great time!! See you guys all soon!

JackKeane
07-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Wish I was there... But I didn't even have the Viper yet at that point!

JackKeane
07-20-2016, 08:32 AM
I am heading to this tomorrow early and will stay until dark. Paul are you going? Anyone else going to be there?

capevettes
07-20-2016, 04:23 PM
I am heading to this tomorrow early and will stay until dark. Paul are you going? Anyone else going to be there?
Hi Jack. Not sure I will make it tomorrow. I just got back from the NCRS National Convention in Warwick, R.I. 2 days down there doing my Corvette thing. Not sure I have another ride in me.

JackKeane
07-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Very nice, im sure I can find someone to help me with this growler!

capevettes
07-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Now you tell me about the growler!!!!!! I think I would have found my way up there if I knew you had that growler!!

capevettes
08-02-2016, 08:01 AM
I'm heading up Thursday. Weather looks real good. Anybody going? Jack you bringing a growler? I'll buy a hoppy IPA growler from you if you come.

JackKeane
08-04-2016, 06:29 AM
I may make it down. I'm not sure yet. I will certainly have growlers if I do. No need to buy. I always have enough to share!!

capevettes
08-04-2016, 10:29 AM
I may make it down. I'm not sure yet. I will certainly have growlers if I do. No need to buy. I always have enough to share!!

Sounds good Jack. Hope you can make it. I will be in my new Z06 in the same spot I parked the Viper last time.

Scotts-ACR
08-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Nice to meet some of you last night.

(Gunmetal 2016 ACR-E)

Scott

capevettes
08-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Nice to meet some of you last night.

(Gunmetal 2016 ACR-E)

Scott
Sorry I missed you Scott. I did go over to look at your car but you weren't around it. It's a hell of a car!!!!

capevettes
08-05-2016, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the growler filled with IPA last night Jack. Somehow I managed to spill it. Oh well, what little was left was very good.

Scotts-ACR
08-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Im looking forward to breaking its track virginity tomorrow at Thompson. :)

We brought the GTR we built for SEMA and Focus RS too. That little Focus… It is a fantastic smiles per dollar car.

JackKeane
08-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Hey Scott it was good to meet you. I'm glad you joined up. The car is one gorgeous monster. Paul no worries on the growler. Next time I will have something even hoppier for you. We have two Imperial IPAs coming out before the 25th!! Thanks again for the cigar!

Scotts-ACR
08-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Thanks!

daveg
09-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Was debating on going to the Foxboro show this Thursday. Any one up for it?

capevettes
09-12-2016, 07:32 AM
I will be there Dave. I plan on getting there early, about 2:30 and staying until about 6. Not sure what I'm driving yet. Weather looks clear and 70ish. See you there.

daveg
09-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Cool, unless something comes up, I should be there.

JackKeane
09-13-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm also planning on going but it might be a little later on. Hope to see you guys there!

capevettes
09-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Dave and Jack. See you there.

Jack, can you bring me a Heady Topper? I promise not to spill it!!! I'll have cigars.

daveg
09-13-2016, 06:21 PM
Dave and Jack. See you there.

Jack, can you bring me a Heady Topper? I promise not to spill it!!! I'll have cigars.Sounds good.. You still have my cell # Paul? I am leaving work around 3:00 and I am 1/2 hour away. I can buzzzzzz ya when I get closer so we can park together...

Martin2000GTS
09-13-2016, 10:14 PM
You guys are making me jealous...wish I was close to there!

capevettes
09-14-2016, 07:24 AM
Sounds good.. You still have my cell # Paul? I am leaving work around 3:00 and I am 1/2 hour away. I can buzzzzzz ya when I get closer so we can park together...
Dave, I can't find it. I usually park right in the first parking area as you enter. As soon as you come over the bridge, keep looking to your right, that 1st area. I think I'll be in the maroon Z06.

capevettes
09-14-2016, 07:26 AM
You guys are making me jealous...wish I was close to there!
Hey Martin it's a 140 mile round trip for me. I love to drive!!!!!! Maybe you can get out of work early and join us. Should be a beautiful night. I bet there will be over 1,000 cars of all types there.

daveg
09-14-2016, 04:38 PM
Dave, I can't find it. I usually park right in the first parking area as you enter. As soon as you come over the bridge, keep looking to your right, that 1st area. I think I'll be in the maroon Z06.Ill PM it to you just in case...
Paul, we need to inflict peer pressure on Martin like he does to us...
C-mon Martin, just get out of work early and come on down!!!!

JackKeane
09-16-2016, 08:07 AM
Great time yesterday. It was nice meeting Daveg and his stunning 96 B/W! Thanks for the cigar Paul, I will be smoking it tonight at Kimballs. Hopefully we can get a few more to join next time.

capevettes
09-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Great time yesterday. It was nice meeting Daveg and his stunning 96 B/W! Thanks for the cigar Paul, I will be smoking it tonight at Kimballs. Hopefully we can get a few more to join next time.

Enjoy the cigar Jack. That Medussa IPA was the best. Hopefully we can get some others to come out. Not too cruise nights left.

Dave, see tomorrow at 3PM.

daveg
09-16-2016, 05:19 PM
Enjoy the cigar Jack. That Medussa IPA was the best. Hopefully we can get some others to come out. Not too cruise nights left.

Dave, see tomorrow at 3PM.Jack, very nice meeting you, had a great time... Paul, as usual, thanks for the Cigar and the laughs.
Just got to Falmouth and fired up the grill... Will see you tomorrow at 3:00.. Looking forward to it!!!

JackKeane
02-24-2017, 11:44 AM
It was nice meeting you too Dave. Can't wait for this season!

capevettes
02-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Had the Viper out yesterday. Drove all the way to Race Point in Provincetown. Roads are great on the Cape. A little rain washed the roads clean the other night. Who else is driving? Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again this year. It won't be long.

daveg
02-27-2017, 06:01 PM
Had the Viper out yesterday. Drove all the way to Race Point in Provincetown. Roads are great on the Cape. A little rain washed the roads clean the other night. Who else is driving? Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again this year. It won't be long.
23415Ya, looking forward to it as well Paul. Now that the cape house is totally done on the inside, it should leave more time for me to enjoy myself (Cars, Kayaking and running)...
Car is still hibernating on the rack though... Should be off in the next month or so though...

Martin2000GTS
03-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Guys I cant wait for this season to get started! You guys both need to come out more!!!!!! Good times last year! Better times this year!! Hope you all had a good winter!

capevettes
03-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Guys I cant wait for this season to get started! You guys both need to come out more!!!!!! Good times last year! Better times this year!! Hope you all had a good winter!
Hi Martin. Do you have the new ACR?????

daveg
03-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Did he buy one?

JackKeane
03-07-2017, 08:27 AM
I can't wait. I'll be at the first one if the weather is good.

JackKeane
03-07-2017, 08:29 AM
I was thinking about bringing it out a couple weeks ago. It's blocked in by a few other cars though so I didn't bother. I think it only about a month until Bass Pro starts up again.

capevettes
04-12-2017, 05:46 AM
OK, weather looks great for tomorrow. Sunny, 60's. I'm driving up from the Cape, and not in a Corvette. Maybe we can get a few Vipers lined up together, Growlers and cigars in tow.

daveg
04-12-2017, 05:48 AM
You going to be hanging out for a bit? I know your an early guy...

capevettes
04-12-2017, 06:54 AM
You going to be hanging out for a bit? I know your an early guy...

I will probably arrive by 3:30 and leave about 6:30. I have that long, tough drive back to Cape Cod ;)

daveg
04-12-2017, 07:55 AM
OK, Sounds good, chances are I will be there.

JackKeane
04-12-2017, 09:16 AM
I think as of now I'm going to take my Corvette and throw a for sale sign on it. I've been talking about selling it for a year now.

capevettes
04-12-2017, 10:49 AM
I think as of now I'm going to take my Corvette and throw a for sale sign on it. I've been talking about selling it for a year now.

A Corvette?? Come on!!! Only kidding. I get $hit from Viper guys when I drive a Vette and $hit from Corvette guys when I drive the Viper. Has your Viper been "Tatorized?"

daveg
04-12-2017, 11:39 AM
A Corvette?? Come on!!! Only kidding. I get $hit from Viper guys when I drive a Vette and $hit from Corvette guys when I drive the Viper. Has your Viper been "Tatorized?"My Vette hasn't seen the light of day in Years.. Forgot I even have it..
LOL...

capevettes
04-12-2017, 12:41 PM
My Vette hasn't seen the light of day in Years.. Forgot I even have it..
LOL...

You can give it to me. I will drive it.

capevettes
04-12-2017, 12:43 PM

Jack is that the black 97 or 98 coupe? If so an old friend of mine, who will be there tomorrow night, has been looking for a late C4 or early C5 in black. I'll send you a PM.

daveg
04-12-2017, 12:46 PM
You can give it to me. I will drive it.You just got rid of a nice one... You collect cars like underwear!

daveg
04-12-2017, 06:02 PM
On my way home today, they are grinding up rt 128 and the road is a complete mess. Debating on going tomorrow because of this. I would have to take all back roads from Natick and the ride wouldn't be enjoyable.
Will update you in the AM on decision :(

daveg
04-13-2017, 04:26 AM
See ya in Foxboro!

capevettes
04-13-2017, 05:59 AM
See ya in Foxboro!
Great. See you there.

jeff122886
04-13-2017, 10:07 PM
how was it?

daveg
04-14-2017, 04:37 AM
Good time.. As always, great to hang out with Paul and Jack, lots of laughs!!! And beers / cigars of course.
Thanks for the brew Paul, you are most generous! See you soon down the Cape...

capevettes
04-14-2017, 05:50 AM
Good time.. As always, great to hang out with Paul and Jack, lots of laughs!!! And beers / cigars of course.
Thanks for the brew Paul, you are most generous! See you soon down the Cape...
Dave and Jack, great to see you guys. I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the ride back to the Cape. Only 1/2 hour to the bridge :icon_devil:

capevettes
04-14-2017, 05:52 AM
how was it?

Jeff, It was a great turnout in general. Only my Viper and Dave's B/W but lots of nice cars of all types. Hopefully you can make it one of these weeks. It's every other Thursday. Will and I may do something down here on the Cape late Spring, early summer like we did last year.

There actually was 1 other Viper, a gen 4 GTS, silver. Not sure if he's on the Forum but didn't get a chance to speak with him.

daveg
04-14-2017, 06:22 AM
Dave and Jack, great to see you guys. I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the ride back to the Cape. Only 1/2 hour to the bridge :icon_devil:1/2 hour? why doesn't that seem right? should be much longer than that! Oh ahhh hmmm Someone is not behaving themselves!!! LOL..

jeff122886
04-15-2017, 12:12 AM
Jeff, It was a great turnout in general. Only my Viper and Dave's B/W but lots of nice cars of all types. Hopefully you can make it one of these weeks. It's every other Thursday. Will and I may do something down here on the Cape late Spring, early summer like we did last year.

There actually was 1 other Viper, a gen 4 GTS, silver. Not sure if he's on the Forum but didn't get a chance to speak with him.

I will try to make it sometime, i work 2 out of 4 weekends a month, either dayshift or nighshift. Rotating shift work

capevettes
06-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Who's coming to Foxboro tomorrow? I'm driving up from the Cape. Supposed to be a beautiful day!!

daveg
06-22-2017, 06:30 AM
Who's coming to Foxboro tomorrow? I'm driving up from the Cape. Supposed to be a beautiful day!!Would Love to Paul but to much going on.. Haven't even driven my car since last event we went to :(

capevettes
06-22-2017, 07:52 AM
Would Love to Paul but to much going on.. Haven't even driven my car since last event we went to :(

OK Dave. Dr Steve is driving up with me this afternoon.

Hawk
06-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Hi guys. I’m new to this site, I live in Brewster and I have been in the market for a Viper. I’m looking at the 2010 and 2013 models. I’m trying to find out what is the difference from the gen 4 to the gen 5.I was hoping that if you guys were going to be at any of the different car shows or cruise nights around the cape if you wouldn’t mind if I came by and talked to a little about the cars and check out your ride. All the vipers I have been looking at on line are all around the country and I rather not fly around looking at different ones if there are a few in my back yard. Were any of you guys the 2017 viper at the Hyannis down town on father’s day?
Thanks for any help
Dennis

capevettes
06-24-2017, 06:14 AM
Hi guys. I’m new to this site, I live in Brewster and I have been in the market for a Viper. I’m looking at the 2010 and 2013 models. I’m trying to find out what is the difference from the gen 4 to the gen 5.I was hoping that if you guys were going to be at any of the different car shows or cruise nights around the cape if you wouldn’t mind if I came by and talked to a little about the cars and check out your ride. All the vipers I have been looking at on line are all around the country and I rather not fly around looking at different ones if there are a few in my back yard. Were any of you guys the 2017 viper at the Hyannis down town on father’s day?
Thanks for any help
Dennis
Hi Dennis,

Too bad you missed the get together about 3 weeks ago at Ocean Edge and Will's house in Brewster. Will has a Gen 5 ACR and Dr. Steve in Eastham does as well. Several guys with Gen 4 and 5's in the New England group. Mine is a Gen 2 GTS. I'm no expert on the newer ones but the Gen 5's lines kind of look like the Gen 2's. Not sure if the Viper you saw in Hyannis belongs to one of our members. I did not attend. Some of us go to the Foxboro cruise nights every other Thursday. Dave G has a summer home in Falmouth, so there are a few of us around the Cape. I am up in Sandwich.

Tim Mahoney is the Regional VOA leader. You should attend one of the events. The lobster Roll event in Reading in September is the big one and is not to be missed. Welcome aboard.

Paul

jeff122886
06-25-2017, 07:36 AM
Hi Dennis,

Too bad you missed the get together about 3 weeks ago at Ocean Edge and Will's house in Brewster. Will has a Gen 5 ACR and Dr. Steve in Eastham does as well. Several guys with Gen 4 and 5's in the New England group. Mine is a Gen 2 GTS. I'm no expert on the newer ones but the Gen 5's lines kind of look like the Gen 2's. Not sure if the Viper you saw in Hyannis belongs to one of our members. I did not attend. Some of us go to the Foxboro cruise nights every other Thursday. Dave G has a summer home in Falmouth, so there are a few of us around the Cape. I am up in Sandwich.

Tim Mahoney is the Regional VOA leader. You should attend one of the events. The lobster Roll event in Reading in September is the big one and is not to be missed. Welcome aboard.

Paul

is there a date set for the lobster roll event? I still have yet to make it to a viper meet lol, i will be on my honeymoon until Sept 9 but hoping to make some events this summer/fall

capevettes
06-25-2017, 07:47 AM
is there a date set for the lobster roll event? I still have yet to make it to a viper meet lol, i will be on my honeymoon until Sept 9 but hoping to make some events this summer/fall
Jeff, The Lobster Roll Event is scheduled for Sept. 16-18. I believe Sunday the 17th is the actual event in Reading. There are cruises/caravans also scheduled prior to and after the event. It has been elevated to one of the National "Bucket List Events" in Viper Quarterly.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

capevettes
07-06-2017, 07:01 AM
Foxboro tonight. The Viper is rolling up from the Cape.

Anyone in????

jeff122886
07-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Jeff, The Lobster Roll Event is scheduled for Sept. 16-18. I believe Sunday the 17th is the actual event in Reading. There are cruises/caravans also scheduled prior to and after the event. It has been elevated to one of the National "Bucket List Events" in Viper Quarterly.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

i put in a vacation request for Sept 16 and 17th, so i will see you guys there!

JackKeane
07-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Sorry I've been MIA guys. Been a busy summer and I've only driven the Viper twice. I'm going today. Hopefully see some of you there!

capevettes
07-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Sorry I've been MIA guys. Been a busy summer and I've only driven the Viper twice. I'm going today. Hopefully see some of you there!

Hi Jack. How's it going. We've missed you. I can't go tonight. I'm going to the Barnstable County Fair to see B.J. Thomas in concert. Did you get the business going in N.H.?

JackKeane
07-20-2017, 12:27 PM
Hi Jack. How's it going. We've missed you. I can't go tonight. I'm going to the Barnstable County Fair to see B.J. Thomas in concert. Did you get the business going in N.H.?

Missed hanging with you guys too. Everything has been good as I hope it has with you. I finally got approved last Friday!!! I still need to take a 90 minute class before I can go pick up my supplies. Should hopefully get that squared away this weekend. Have fun at the concert Paul! Hopefully we can catch up at the next one.

JackKeane
04-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Anyone going this week? I believe it’s the opener. Paul? Dave? I don’t know if I’ll bring the Viper though. They will be throwing down salt, around me, again tomorrow unfortunately. When will it end?!

daveg
04-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Anyone going this week? I believe it’s the opener. Paul? Dave? I don’t know if I’ll bring the Viper though. They will be throwing down salt, around me, again tomorrow unfortunately. When will it end?!Hey Jack, how the hell have you been? Paul was talking about going.. I'm a possibility providing weather is good....

capevettes
04-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Hi Jack, Yes I am planning on going opening night in the Viper. Dave and I were talking about it.

As long as the weather cooperates, I'll be driving up from the Cape.

Hope to see both of you there. Pale Ales and stogies!!!!

JackKeane
04-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Been good Dave! Busy winter. How about you?

Paul I could use a nice outdoor stogie smoke and a couple of beverages to wash it down over some good car talk. BTW when did the stripes go on?? Could have sworn it was a stripe delete car!? Looking good! Any other work done over the winter? I’m doing gears in May or June and I think I may chop the muffler/cats at the same time. Looking forward to hearing yours again.

I’ll be there Thursday one way or the other as long as it’s not a washout. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

capevettes
04-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Been good Dave! Busy winter. How about you?

Paul I could use a nice outdoor stogie smoke and a couple of beverages to wash it down over some good car talk. BTW when did the stripes go on?? Could have sworn it was a stripe delete car!? Looking good! Any other work done over the winter? I’m doing gears in May or June and I think I may chop the muffler/cats at the same time. Looking forward to hearing yours again.

I’ll be there Thursday one way or the other as long as it’s not a washout. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Jack, I did the stripes last fall. They are silver, which was the factory stripe color for a Sapphire Blue car. Love the look. Hope the weather cooperates Thursday.

capevettes
04-12-2018, 05:44 AM
Looks like a better than 50% chance of rain this afternoon. I probably won't be driving up. Too bad. I was looking forward to it. Maybe we can try again in a couple of weeks.

daveg
04-12-2018, 06:14 AM
Looks like a better than 50% chance of rain this afternoon. I probably won't be driving up. Too bad. I was looking forward to it. Maybe we can try again in a couple of weeks.Ya, didn't bring my car with me as well...

JackKeane
04-12-2018, 11:28 AM
I’m seeing good weather until 7pm up my way so I’m goin to head down and spectate still.

Wot!
04-14-2018, 08:58 AM
I so wish I could do this. Itching to get my car out. Expecting snow (3 to 6") tonight!

JackKeane
04-23-2018, 08:40 AM
See you guys Thursday? Looks like it’s going to be a beauty.

capevettes
04-24-2018, 05:50 PM
See you guys Thursday? Looks like it’s going to be a beauty.
Sounds good Jack. Looks like it will clear out early.
Viper will roll.

JackKeane
04-25-2018, 05:44 AM
See you there Paul. I think I may take a half day and get down there early. Really looking forward to it.

JackKeane
04-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Great time today Paul! Good seeing you.

capevettes
04-27-2018, 05:30 AM
Great time today Paul! Good seeing you.

Good to see you too Jack. I enjoyed it. You had that black looking nice.

JackKeane
05-10-2018, 07:17 AM
Thanks Paul! Heading down today after work.

capevettes
05-11-2018, 06:18 AM
Didn't make it last night. How was the turnout?

JackKeane
05-23-2018, 06:44 AM
I didn’t end up making it. Had an issue at work and ended up staying late. Hoping to make it tomorrow though!

capevettes
05-23-2018, 03:42 PM
I'm going tomorrow. Bringing the 61 Vette.
I will be there early. May leave early. May be traffic heading to the Cape. See you there.

JackKeane
05-24-2018, 08:01 AM
Oh that’s great Paul. What’s that old solid axel packing? 283? 327?

daveg
05-24-2018, 09:58 AM
Oh that’s great Paul. What’s that old solid axel packing? 283? 327?Not quite LOL

capevettes
05-25-2018, 05:52 AM
Not quite LOL

Haha. 383. I think it's quicker than the Viper with that stroker. Only weighs 2,850.

Hope you guys both make it today at 3:30. Dr Steve, Will and maybe Dennis from Brewster will be here. Nice Memorial Day weekend kickoff.

daveg
05-25-2018, 06:12 AM
Haha. 383. I think it's quicker than the Viper with that stroker. Only weighs 2,850.

Hope you guys both make it today at 3:30. Dr Steve, Will and maybe Dennis from Brewster will be here. Nice Memorial Day weekend kickoff.Cars packed and ready to go...

capevettes
05-25-2018, 12:27 PM
Cars packed and ready to go...

Excellent. Beer is on ice ��

Stealth78
05-27-2018, 03:53 PM
Hey all, is this show still every other Thursday night? I always loved going to this show but haven't been in a few years. Always seems tough to get out of the office early enough to head down. Hopefully I can catch up with you guys soon.

daveg
05-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Hey all, is this show still every other Thursday night? I always loved going to this show but haven't been in a few years. Always seems tough to get out of the office early enough to head down. Hopefully I can catch up with you guys soon.
Yup, every other. Next show is the following Thursday.

capevettes
05-28-2018, 04:51 AM

Sounds good. Thursday June 7th is the next one. Maybe we'll see you there.

daveg
05-28-2018, 07:36 AM
Sounds good. Thursday June 7th is the next one. Maybe we'll see you there.Maybe ill take my car out of the "hermetically sealed" garage and go...

capevettes
05-28-2018, 10:26 AM
Maybe ill take my car out of the "hermetically sealed" garage and go...

Sounds good Dave. No such seal exists on my garage!!!!!!!!!

Stealth78
06-01-2018, 01:29 PM
Hopefully I can make it, I have a heavy scheduled day that day with a closing in the middle of it... My car is also scheduled for dyno tuning the morning after so I guess it will depend if the shop owner wants to get my car in there the night before to get everything set up so we can hit the ground running in the am. Hope to meet you guys sooner or later! Any of you guys go to the Lobster Roll event every year? Likely I've met you in the past and just don't realize it.

capevettes
06-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Yes, we go to the lobster roll event. We do cocktail hours down here on the Cape almost every weekend if you feel like coming down. Great jumbo lobster rolls down here. We'll catch up with you at some point.

Stealth78
06-02-2018, 08:03 AM
Whereabouts on the Cape are you? A good friend of mine, also a member, will likely be going down to Plymouth again this year at some point. So as long as you're not in P-town you can't be to far from where we'll be.

capevettes
06-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Whereabouts on the Cape are you? A good friend of mine, also a member, will likely be going down to Plymouth again this year at some point. So as long as you're not in P-town you can't be to far from where we'll be.

I'm in Sandwich right on the Mashpee town line on Mashpee/Wakeby Lake. This pic is from a recent cocktail hour in the back yard.

Stealth78
06-02-2018, 02:22 PM
That looks outstanding!

daveg
06-03-2018, 04:15 PM
That looks outstanding!Witnessed it first hand on Saturday.. As usual, thanks for the hospitality Paul, Oh, and the Gator tour!!!

See you when I get back from Milwaukee...

daveg
06-03-2018, 04:20 PM
I'm in Sandwich right on the Mashpee town line on Mashpee/Wakeby Lake. This pic is from a recent cocktail hour in the back yard.
32878Paul, is that a sprague of Crab Grass I see on your lawn?

capevettes
06-04-2018, 06:29 AM
Paul, is that a sprague of Crab Grass I see on your lawn?

Haha. No crabgrass. Have fun in Milwaukee. I think there is beer there.

capevettes
06-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Dave and I are going to Foxboro tomorrow. Anyone else coming? It would be nice to get a few Vipers there. Weather looks perfect.

JackKeane
07-25-2018, 11:45 AM
Hoping to make next week. Viper has been down for about a month!

daveg
07-25-2018, 12:27 PM
Hoping to make next week. Viper has been down for about a month!Whats up with it?

capevettes
07-26-2018, 11:54 AM
If the weather is good I'll be driving up in a new Demon. Should get there very quickly :car-smiley-003:

Stealth78
07-29-2018, 06:35 AM
Very nice! Color?

capevettes
07-29-2018, 11:11 AM
Very nice! Color?

Plum Crazy. It will be filled with rocket fuel so we can get the front wheels off the ground while driving up on 495.

Stealth78
07-31-2018, 03:19 PM
Plum Crazy. It will be filled with rocket fuel so we can get the front wheels off the ground while driving up on 495.

Oh very very nice! My buddy just got his, it's red. Still bad ass but I think anything but red on these will be super rare to see.

ACRSNK
08-03-2018, 11:36 AM

Wow...you're only about 20 minutes or so away from me (Manomet, Plymouth). Jeremy (Stealth78) and I love lobster! :)

That is one sick back yard you have there!

capevettes
08-06-2018, 05:23 AM
Wow...you're only about 20 minutes or so away from me (Manomet, Plymouth). Jeremy (Stealth78) and I love lobster! :)

That is one sick back yard you have there!

I'm going to do a cars and coffee at the house on Saturday if you want to come down. 8 AM. I'll PM you the address if you guys want to come down.

daveg
08-06-2018, 05:25 AM
I'm going to do a cars and coffee at the house on Saturday if you want to come down. 8 AM. I'll PM you the address if you guys want to come down.Hows the weather look?

capevettes
08-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Hows the weather look?

Looks OK. Slight chance of a rain shower, but later in the day. We'll have to watch it as it gets closer.

ACRSNK
08-15-2018, 06:53 PM
I'm going to do a cars and coffee at the house on Saturday if you want to come down. 8 AM. I'll PM you the address if you guys want to come down.

O damn! I missed this post! I was in Plymouth last Saturday, but it was kind of rainy. Please shoot me a PM if you ever have anything like this going on again. Would love to pop in!

capevettes
08-16-2018, 05:38 AM
O damn! I missed this post! I was in Plymouth last Saturday, but it was kind of rainy. Please shoot me a PM if you ever have anything like this going on again. Would love to pop in!

I will let you know next time. We had a pretty good turnout considering the rain off Cape. It did not rain here. Crusin' New England Magazine, the TV show on NESN, came down with a film crew and interviewed me. The show will air sometime after January 1st. You can watch me make an a$$ out of myself!!

ACRSNK
08-16-2018, 07:22 PM
I will let you know next time. We had a pretty good turnout considering the rain off Cape. It did not rain here. Crusin' New England Magazine, the TV show on NESN, came down with a film crew and interviewed me. The show will air sometime after January 1st. You can watch me make an a$$ out of myself!!

O man! Wish I knew about this! Please keep me posted as to any future get togethers. You have any pics?

capevettes
08-17-2018, 05:17 AM
O man! Wish I knew about this! Please keep me posted as to any future get togethers. You have any pics?

Unfortunately, I was so busy I neglected to take any pics. Maybe Dave took some??

Stealth78
09-11-2018, 06:58 PM
Foxboro/Bass Pro Shop car show is on Chronicle right now.

capevettes
09-12-2018, 08:04 AM
Foxboro/Bass Pro Shop car show is on Chronicle right now.

I saw that. I plan on going up there tomorrow as long as this crappy weather clears out.

capevettes
09-27-2018, 05:13 AM
Foxboro tonight. I'm going. Weather looks great. Anybody else going?

Stealth78
10-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Foxboro tonight. I'm going. Weather looks great. Anybody else going?

Sadly I've been stuck at the officeost nights but I really have to watch this thread better.

ACRSNK
10-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Sadly I've been stuck at the officeost nights but I really have to watch this thread better.

Excuses, excuses...I hear you leave the office by noon every day. :)

capevettes
10-25-2018, 05:58 AM
Final cruise night today. I'm driving up in the Viper. It's going to be a little chilly but that will not deter me. Anybody going?

I hear crickets!!

daveg
10-25-2018, 06:42 AM
Paul, just tried e-mailing you but I got a bounce... Just tried again using a reply to a previous thread..

capevettes
10-25-2018, 08:13 AM
Paul, just tried e-mailing you but I got a bounce... Just tried again using a reply to a previous thread..

See you on the 3rd Dave. We may need to fire up that new heater for cocktail hour.

capevettes
04-11-2019, 05:06 AM
Opening night tonight at Foxboro. Cruising up from the Cape in the Viper. Anyone else going? Weather looks great. Should be a big turnout.

daveg
04-11-2019, 05:09 AM
Opening night tonight at Foxboro. Cruising up from the Cape in the Viper. Anyone else going? Weather looks great. Should be a big turnout.Didn't bring car to work with me. Guess i'm out.

capevettes
04-11-2019, 05:14 AM
Didn't bring car to work with me. Guess i'm out.

Maybe you can get out early and grab the Viper. If not, just bring your regular car and join us.

daveg
04-11-2019, 05:18 AM
Maybe you can get out early and grab the Viper. If not, just bring your regular car and join us.In meeting until 2:30. bringing Spyder is a possibility but wouldn't be the same. If you don't see around 3 ish, decided to go home for a run.

capevettes
04-24-2019, 10:05 AM
Driving up tomorrow to Foxboro. Weather looks good. Anyone coming? I know Dave may be coming.

daveg
04-24-2019, 10:08 AM
Driving up tomorrow to Foxboro. Weather looks good. Anyone coming? I know Dave may be coming.I'm there if you are.. Favor, if your bringing some wobbly-pops, can you throw a Frosty in your cooler for me? What time you getting there? Thanks!

capevettes
04-24-2019, 12:58 PM
I'm there if you are.. Favor, if your bringing some wobbly-pops, can you throw a Frosty in your cooler for me? What time you getting there? Thanks!

Absolutely. I am bringing the new Challenger up. Probably arriving by 2 PM. This retirement is a tough gig!!

capevettes
08-13-2019, 02:23 PM
Bass Pro Cruise in this Thursday. Weather looks great. We have 3 Vipers cruising up so far. Anyone else want to join us?