PDA

View Full Version : NVE2 Participants - Next Steps

SmoknTires
04-13-2016, 04:53 PM
To keep folks informed, here's some info on NVE2 next steps are we're officially 1 month away!

We'll soon be locking down changes to people's registration information (you can't cancel, but you can change guest names, parking, preferences, etc...). We'll be able to update information for another week and then we're committed due to printed materials.

Presidents will be getting final lists for their regions attendees in the next week.

The event at this point is pretty much all planned out in it's entirety, working on signage, lighting, and that type of stuff.

A very cool statistic that shocked us - 79% of all people attending NVE2 are BRINGING a Viper! I don't know if it's the geographical location, the venue, or just luck - but that's an extremely high percentage (especially since those oversees surely can't easily bring a car). Our garage will be filled literally with HUNDREDS of Vipers. Kudos!

Also worth noting, we will be conducting a questionnaire via email (it'll take you to a survey portal we've built) relative to specific track day needs. We want to coordinate things as deeply as is manageable. This will help us prepare. It'll also provide some information to you with regard to how the track day will work - it'll be a different recipe than we've done in the past! In short, we'll have 3 full days to break up our entire group on the track - this means less congestion each day (everyone will get one full track day at NOLA). There will be 4 modules, 2 are diving modules (autocross and road course) and the other two are karting and Dodge (drifting, drag, etc...). And yes we've also planned something for our track rats who love road courses. While this isn't a full blown competitive "track event", we still want to give you max time. So in addition to your module, we'll have a standby lane that we'll be pulling from on each run group and we can allow people to enjoy the track a bit more if they choose to revisit during other modules! We also plan for solid 20+ minute run groups.

The advance planning and killer location are going to really thrill folks. Many haven't been to New Orleans, our cars aside, this is a place you can just walk and be amazed - by the people, the music, and the food! It's really is distinct. I wish it could be even longer but 4 days seem to be the sweet spot for these events.

So as detailed news begins to flow - let's all plan our caravans, our night out (Friday), our excursions, etc... For those not bringing Vipers to the event, we'll be providing discounted rates from a rental car agency so you have a car to get around on cruises and tours (buses are provided for all of the set/evening events). And of course make sure you're hotel reservation is in place! We'll have a formal "Getting Ready" packet that will go out via email to help acclimate you even more to the details.

It all starts Wednesday night, and you'll get your first little surprise there - a one of a kind experience. Something special before you even arrive to the Marti Gras party... Getting to the party location itself will be an experience you'll be writing home about... : )

My thanks to all the volunteers (this is 100% volunteer run), that means all monies are diverted to directly benefit attendees (gifts, decoration, buses, etc... and oh yeah, the FREE Viper with some killer odds on winning).

Lots of detail to follow to prepare you. Can't wait! See you there.

Evil v10
04-13-2016, 07:44 PM
My husband and I are excited for this event
Thank you so much to all the volunteers
We look forward to seeing you all and maybe driving home in our new viper
Safe travels

01sapphirebob
04-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Cant wait for this one!!!!!!

Stretch
04-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the update. I've been working on our convoy to and from the event and getting more excited each day we get closer!

FLATOUT
04-14-2016, 05:57 AM
Can't wait!!!

Herrsss
04-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Wayne Rauh and I have been working on a caravan from Texas and suffice it to say we will have an EPIC arrival!