PDA

View Full Version : NJ VOA is invited to McLaren of Greenwich - Saturday April 16th

HobokenViper
04-02-2016, 03:49 AM
As some of you may know, I have left behind my uber stressful career in commercial real estate in NYC behind to pursue a dream job, as the new sales manager at McLaren of Greenwich (Miller Motorcars). I started there about 6 weeks ago, and cannot say enough good things about the cars and the people who I now have the pleasure of working with.

With that said, my very first order of business once I settled in a bit was to organize a very special event for all my friends in the VOA, as I wanted to share some actual driving time behind the wheel of a McLaren with all of you. We will have a scenic group drive to the McLaren showroom, give everyone the opportunity to drive the new 570s or the 650s Spider over some light breakfast food, and then possibly followed by a little group drive to a brunch location not too far away.

The McLaren showroom is yours from 8:30am until 10:30am, and we will be meeting as a group in Armonk, NY (exact location TBD shortly) at 8:00am to drive as a group to McLaren. There is a new full thread on this subject in the NY/CT forum if you would like to follow it there and keep track of any updates as we get closer to the date. The rain date will be the following Saturday, the 23rd.

The formal invite is below, and I hope to see all of you there!

PS: Please let us know if you plan to attend so we can plan accordingly with food and for test drives. There is also an rsvp email on the invite below.

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

octopus
04-02-2016, 10:29 AM
What a fantastic opportunity. Kudos for putting something like this together. It's going to be amazing for those in the area! Make sure to post lots of pics!

SlateEd
04-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Hey NJ Friends! This is going to be very cool. I got a chance to stop by yesterday to see Aaron and meet some of his staff... they have a really nice team and the cars are pretty outrageous. The block that the showroom is on is exotic-car-central, with Ferarri, Aston, Mas, a special AMG showroom, Porsche (not that exotic I know haha)... but seriously a big Viper turnout would be a lot of fun right there! Looking forward to seeing you this year, hopefully soon!

-Ed

v10enomous
04-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Wow... Too bad I can't make it that weekend but what a fabulous opportunity. I'll help get the word out.

HobokenViper
04-05-2016, 04:58 PM
So we just had a team meeting about logistics for the VOA event on April 16th, and here are the details:

- 20 PERSON LIMIT – Need to cap the event at 20 people max in order for everyone to get one test drive due to the time restrictions of the event (First 20 people to respond are included).

- E-MAIL RESPONSE REQUIRED – Aside from a written response on the forums, we need all who plan to attend to send an email response to alothrop@millermotorcars.com as this is required to attend, and only the people who respond in an email are allowed to drive a car (up to the first 20 people). We really want to keep it exclusive to VOA members, so please don't send a friend in your place.

- 3 CARS AND LIMITED TIME – We plan to have 3 cars to maximize the experience and to help make sure that everyone gets their turn driving a car. We should have one 650S Spider and two 570S (assuming two 570S as we are anticipating to have one 570S marketing car being supplied by McLaren for the event). Ideally each test drive will take no longer than 10-15 minutes if everyone is ready to hop in the car when their turn comes up, in order for everyone to get their time behind the wheel.

- 25% OF RESPONSES ALREADY IN – We already have 5 people who have responded via email as of this morning, so 15 spots are left as of now.

- RESPONSES REQUIRED BY 4/14/16, & RAINDATE IS 4/23/16 – In the case that the 16th looks like it will have bad weather, we will communicate to everyone ahead of time on Friday 4/15/16 that the event will be moved to the same time for the following Saturday.

I would love to open this event up to more people or extend the time a bit longer, but unfortunately we have already purposely pushed off several scheduled appointments with customers that plan to purchase cars that day, and they will start coming in shortly after 10:30am, and we also have another “ride and drive” event later the same day in the afternoon that we also need to prepare for. VERY BUSY DAY!!!

Hope the event will be a massive success with beautiful weather, and should be a great time for all. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and maybe one or two people in attendance will love the cars so much that they get the itch to take one home with them!!!!! :)

Aaron
Aka HobokenViper

Bullet
04-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Aaron:

I am planning of coming down for this exciting event from Boston. Thanks for setting this up.

HobokenViper
04-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Aaron:

I am planning of coming down for this exciting event from Boston. Thanks for setting this up.

Is your name Stephen? If so, my assistant Ainsley just received your email response and you were lucky enough to grab one of the last spots left!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you. Should be a great event and let's keep fingers crossed for good weather!

HobokenViper
04-08-2016, 10:50 AM
IMPORTANT UPDATE: We are now near full capacity for the McLaren test drive event!!! I believe we just have one or two spots left as of an hour ago, so please email my assistant Ainsley to grab the last spot if you haven't already done so, as we will only be able to offer test drives to a maximum of 20 people who have RSVP'd via email ahead of time.

With that said, if you were not one of the first 20 lucky people to sign up for a test drive, you can still feel free to join us for the event (assuming you are a present or former VOA member) as it will be a great time, and we have some absolutely incredible cars on display for you to enjoy. I look forward to seeing all my VOA buddies there, and to meeting those of you that I don't yet know. Now let's just keep fingers crossed for nice weather!!!

aaron94t
04-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Looks like this is going to be an amazing event! Hats off to Aaron for putting it together.

HobokenViper
04-16-2016, 05:56 AM
Getting ready to head to the rally point, looking forward to seeing many of my friends and meeting new ones today. Couldn't be a more perfect day for this, and hope to give everyone a great experience! See you guys soon.

Aaron