PDA

View Full Version : 2013 On Ebay

MI Viper
12-30-2013, 07:37 AM
I read the forum posting rules, and I'm not quite sure this right or wrong to post... If it is wrong, then I apologize for posting. But I found this on ebay last night, and thought I post for those looking for a Gen V. It could be a smoking deal, the $ is ~$77,000 as of this morning...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper-GTS-/171201916459

MI V.

KRATEDISEASE
12-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Has a reserve not met. Will never be a "deal" since it is being sold by Lambo of Houston. They never give cars away.

F2V
12-30-2013, 08:43 AM
The car is also USED.

Policy Limits
12-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Actually their inventory is usually fantastic & their prices are reasonable (seriously)

01sapphirebob
12-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Has a reserve not met. Will never be a "deal" since it is being sold by Lambo of Houston. They never give cars away.

Bought my GEN IV from them. Car was a good deal i thought and they gave me decent $ for my trade.

MI Viper
12-30-2013, 09:02 AM
The car is also USED.

Understand, but only 249 miles! Like I said, IT could be a good deal, depends where the reserve is and if it is not met, all the better, that is when you call and make an offer that you are happy with if they take it... I found our car on E-bay, same scenerio, reserve was not met, had been talking with the owner, and I called and made him an offer that I was happy with, and he took it :)

ViperGeorge
12-30-2013, 09:08 AM
I never get why someone buys a car like this, puts 250 miles on it and then dumps it.

Viktimize
12-30-2013, 09:13 AM
I never get why someone buys a car like this, puts 250 miles on it and then dumps it.

Could've been used as a demo??

ViperSmith
12-30-2013, 09:43 AM

Wife came home and found something she wasn't happy with in the garage!

Policy Limits
12-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Maybe he was a puss and needs paddle shifters

MI Viper
12-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Maybe he was a puss and needs paddle shifters

BWAAAAHH! :dude3:

Coloviper
12-30-2013, 02:32 PM
George;

It is so cheap skates like me can hopefully afford to pony up the $75K for a used one, which to me is not chump change! Doesn't make sense, I agree but to someone who can not afford the six figures, it is a god-send!

ViperGeorge
12-30-2013, 02:38 PM
George;

It is so cheap skates like me can hopefully afford to pony up the $75K for a used one, which to me is not chump change! Doesn't make sense, I agree but to someone who can not afford the six figures, it is a god-send!

Rick, remember that the auction has a reserve. The reserve could (and probably is) still in 6 figures. The fact that the bid is in the $70s doesn't mean anything unless they would sell it for that.

Viktimize
12-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Rick, remember that the auction has a reserve. The reserve could (and probably is) still in 6 figures. The fact that the bid is in the $70s doesn't mean anything unless they would sell it for that.

And even if it hits the reserve, the seller can still just pull the ad down prior to end of auction if they think they can get more for it by listing it again.

Policy Limits
12-30-2013, 03:14 PM
The sky isn't falling.

Fatboy 18
12-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Added to watch list :) Will be interesting to see the market forces played out :)

Martin
12-30-2013, 03:42 PM
I think the dealer is asking for $125k at the showroom, so I'll guess that the reserve is in the $110k-115k range... Still not a bad price for the car.

Coloviper
12-30-2013, 04:06 PM
George;

I know that. :o

I was not bidding on the car anyway (just using an analogy), but if I had more than two nickels and a pot to piss in, I would be all over that car. Our little 8 month old son, but more importantly one of our older dogs (13 years old) is just eating away at every last bit of spare change I have or thought I had. AAAAANNNNDDDD Heather wants to try for another one baby as soon as she is done breast feeding in a month or so and can go back on the Clomid so we can hit another IUI treatment. Maybe the first shot will do it like last time. I just turned 40 and since Heather is just a little older than me, we gotsta go for it now or never. Guess I had my fun and freedom when I was younger!

So this little 96 RT/10 (and the other toys in the garage) will have to do for the time being. I may even have to save up for a new daily driver before that as one of the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S (mine) has 105,000 miles on it now.

Looks like I am gonna have to live my exotic car life through your for a while. Ha! Ha! At least everything is paid off but the house!

Say, I still need to see the Great White Hope sometime soon. Holiday Party is in February??? Too far away!

ViperGeorge
12-30-2013, 04:39 PM
George;

I know that. :o

I was not bidding on the car anyway (just using an analogy), but if I had more than two nickels and a pot to piss in, I would be all over that car. Our little 8 month old son, but more importantly one of our older dogs (13 years old) is just eating away at every last bit of spare change I have or thought I had. AAAAANNNNDDDD Heather wants to try for another one baby as soon as she is done breast feeding in a month or so and can go back on the Clomid so we can hit another IUI treatment. Maybe the first shot will do it like last time. I just turned 40 and since Heather is just a little older than me, we gotsta go for it now or never. Guess I had my fun and freedom when I was younger!

So this little 96 RT/10 (and the other toys in the garage) will have to do for the time being. I may even have to save up for a new daily driver before that as one of the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S (mine) has 105,000 miles on it now.

Looks like I am gonna have to live my exotic car life through your for a while. Ha! Ha! At least everything is paid off but the house!

Say, I still need to see the Great White Hope sometime soon. Holiday Party is in February??? Too far away!

If the weather is ok, I'll definitely take the 14 to the holiday party. Look forward to seeing everyone again. Good luck with the second baby. If you need any pointers on what goes where, let me know. :)

slitherv10
12-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Dealer here in Toronto has the identical car for 116000 CND dollars which is around 109,000 US...that would be a great deal if it is used or made a demo so you could keep the warranty. not sure how that works but a great deal none the less as the US dollar strengthens, it would be a great benefit for you Americans to wait it out a few for a good used one and the US dollars get stronger, you guys could get into a nice GTS for under 100K easy.

pastohio
12-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Also there has been 93 bidders so far,

MI Viper
12-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Also there has been 93 bidders so far,

Yeah but if you look at the bid history it is mainly 2 bidders. If it is bought for xx,xxx range it will be a good deal IMHO...

Rizzo
12-30-2013, 06:29 PM
They did a great job on the pictures. Man that car looks awesome. Wonder if they would trade straight across for a 2010 ACR???...LOL..

XSnake
12-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Did you call the dealership MI?

PittsburghRT
12-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Reserve is not met. That $77,000 does not mean anything.

mnc2886
12-30-2013, 10:58 PM
I went and looked at it. It looks a bit rough for only 250 miles. (It has almost 300 now I think). The leather looks warn down and the previous owner installed extra GTS badges on the rear hatch for some reason. They put way too much into it when they took it for trade. They first had it for sale for $138k and gave my buddy a sales pitch on how awesome a deal it was. They'll be lucky to get $110k given the deals that keep popping up on new 2013's.

Fatboy 18
01-03-2014, 04:25 AM
Currently at $90k, reserve not met with 4hrs to go!

viperdan
01-03-2014, 08:13 AM
I went and looked at it. It looks a bit rough for only 250 miles. (It has almost 300 now I think). The leather looks warn down.

How can the leather possibly be worn down on a car that young? Unless the car was at an auto show where people were getting in and out by the thousands there is no way the leather should be worn and if it is than they are not using good materials IMO.

ViperSmith
01-03-2014, 08:46 AM
My seats are fine after 4300 miles

KRATEDISEASE
01-03-2014, 08:55 AM
How can the leather possibly be worn down on a car that young? Unless the car was at an auto show where people were getting in and out by the thousands there is no way the leather should be worn and if it is than they are using good materials IMO.

Fat people wear leather down faster...and if they are farting it only accelerates the process. The guy who owned it was probably a flatulent Fatty.

OR, the cow that was used to make the seat had a dermatitis or just bad skin/pelt ?

OR the odometer was reset electronically ?

OR the seats were swapped out from a high mileage Viper ?

elanderholm
01-03-2014, 02:33 PM
It ended up at 90k. Should the seats look like this after only 249 miles?
Maybe that is normal, but they look really worn to me for only 249 miles.

Policy Limits
01-03-2014, 03:13 PM
30% loss in 6 months= Fail.

VENOM V
01-03-2014, 03:18 PM
5,700 miles on mine, my seats are just like new. Literally.

Maybe it's an issue for Laguna leather, mine is the standard GTS Napa / Alcantara.

Malu59RT
01-03-2014, 04:45 PM
It ended up at 90k. Should the seats look like this after only 249 miles?
Maybe that is normal, but they look really worn to me for only 249 miles.

Maybe it's an issue for Laguna leather, mine is the standard GTS Napa / Alcantara.

Sad, I've seen that bunching of the leather on a couple of other Laguna leather Viper seats. It's very disappointing because the Laguna leather was supposed to be a very durable leather. The $3000 leather seats in the SRT, and the base leather seats in the GTS look much better than the Laguna seats do after some use. I would not be happy with it, and don't know why the leather is stretching so much. Wonder if the seats can be disassembled and the leather stretched out again, or if additional padding can be installed to fill it out better.

mnc2886
01-03-2014, 06:10 PM

I think it is an issue with the Laguna Leather because I've seen it in several cars, but this one was bad. Lots of cracking on the dash and steering wheel. I don't think the car is worth much more than $85k because the interior has to be redone.

Either way, the interior shouldn't look that way.

Policy Limits
01-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Maybe it wasn't garaged? I have sepia Laguna which shows little wear & one would think that color would show more.

At what point do vipers hit a wall depreciation wise? Does it differ by generation?

KRATEDISEASE
01-03-2014, 07:09 PM
30% loss in 6 months= Fail.

Actually married before 25years old= FAIL

You think a car depreciates ? nothing depreciates faster than a Wife...

Policy Limits
01-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Haha and that's not counting Alimony ;)

Voice of Reason
01-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Actually married before 25years old= FAIL

You think a car depreciates ? nothing depreciates faster than a Wife...

Speak for yourself! Married at 21, we're currently 37 and just celebrated our 16th anniversary. She's been on a huge health kick this year and is in better shape today than when we got married. She has a successful legal practice and even made all the arrangements for my Viper for me because I was dragging my feet. So I kinda feel like I won the lottery with her!

Policy Limits
01-03-2014, 07:44 PM
+1 bro, married a doctor; no pre Nup required ;)

KRATEDISEASE
01-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Speak for yourself! Married at 21, we're currently 37 and just celebrated our 16th anniversary. She's been on a huge health kick this year and is in better shape today than when we got married. She has a successful legal practice and even made all the arrangements for my Viper for me because I was dragging my feet. So I kinda feel like I won the lottery with her!

My statements only apply to MYSELF !! no need to defend your wife..... I was NOT including her in my statement.... Just remember NOT EVERYONE like you picks a winning lottery ticket. For every winner like you there are 1000 losers who got a bum scratch off (wife) ticket.

AS far as age when married.... well, I just figure that the longer a guy can delay, the less time spent in jail.

KRATEDISEASE
01-03-2014, 07:48 PM
+1 bro, married a doctor; no pre Nup required ;)

I did better than YOU Policy Limits, hah ha .......................... married a stripper !!!

I still think the seats in that car looked fine....

like I wrote before, must have been owned by one fat farting fellow

mnc2886
01-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Maybe it wasn't garaged? I have sepia Laguna which shows little wear & one would think that color would show more.

At what point do vipers hit a wall depreciation wise? Does it differ by generation?

Usually around 30%. Gen I a little more. Verts a little more too. Problem is if the market says a $141k MSRP Viper is worth $90k-$95k, then the trade in will be in the low $80k already.

Martin
01-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Bidding ended at $90k, but reserve wasn't met.

Personally, I like the nylon seats. I don't want to think that my fat farting ass is depreciating a $3000 option all the time - it would give me anxiety.