PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Washer Tank Removal Question

6 speed
04-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Has anyone removed the Windshield Washer Tank, or the entire system from their Gen V's?
I am planning on removing mine and would like some tips or guidance if possible, prior to proceeding.
I sometimes tend to disassemble more than necessary, when doing these types of projects.
Searching the Forums and Google did not bring anything up that I could find on a Gen V.

Jack B
04-01-2016, 08:27 PM
What is the reason for removal.

Has anyone removed the Windshield Washer Tank, or the entire system from their Gen V's?
I am planning on removing mine and would like some tips or guidance if possible, prior to proceeding.
I sometimes tend to disassemble more than necessary, when doing these types of projects.
Searching the Forums and Google did not bring anything up that I could find on a Gen V.

6 speed
04-01-2016, 09:05 PM
I never use the system and generally remove it from my cars.
No good solid reason, weight reduction, just personal preference really.
It is an ACR and I like the stripped down race car look.

Arizona Vipers
04-02-2016, 12:26 AM
I have not yet, but plan on it soon. Have you removed the wipers already?

6 speed
04-04-2016, 01:47 AM
I am not planning on removing the windshield wipers.
I did manage to remove the windshield washer system, other than the sprayers, which at this time I am not planning on removing.
I probably should have given this a better shot before posting, as it was not that difficult if you don't mind compromising the tank itself during removal.
If the next caretaker of this car wants to put the system back to stock, they will have to replace the tank. It was either compromise the tank, which
I personally will never reinstall, or do more disassembly to the car than I was comfortable with.
The tank was siphoned almost dry. I then masked off around the top of the tank after removing the cap and cut off the tabs, (ears) and removed the mounting hardware,
hoses and hose mounting clips. After turning the tank every which way, I was able to remove it without disassembling the car at all.

Arizona Vipers
04-04-2016, 02:49 AM
I did manage to remove the windshield washer system

What did everything you took off weight? I bet the wipers weigh more! Get Rain-X if you drive the car on the street and ditch the wipers. They have a lot of aerodynamic drag!