PDA

View Full Version : NVE 2 Location Changed???

HyperViper
04-01-2016, 11:54 AM
I heard we were moving this at the last minute? Seriously...

:t0135: :car-smiley-003:

Bluecoupe
04-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Rumor has it they moved it to the Point Barrow Hilton, so that we won't have overheating problems when cruising the ice road.

SmoknTires
04-01-2016, 12:37 PM
I heard we were moving this at the last minute? Seriously...:t0135: :car-smiley-003:

Huh? While I'll immediately say that, NO, there is no such change (and was never discussed, thought of, or even dreamed of). I'm actually glad you asked as that's hard to even understand how that thought even came about. Please go back to the source and let them know that their information is incorrect.

Locations (and that includes hotel, racing, cruises, dinners, etc..) ALL needs to be committed over a year in advance (otherwise you can't get the pricing, but especially the location, that we want). So it's something that requires extreme forward planning and commitment. That's why we planned this out over TWO years ago - and that plan never changed either. We are (and always have been) locked and loaded and at this time working on a/v plans, linens, centerpieces, etc...

As an FYI - to demonstrate the work that goes into this, we've been working on the next NVE in 2018 (literally doing location studies, PHYSICALLY visiting 20 hotels, planning track, etc...) ALREADY... over 2 1/2 years before the next event. And believe it or not, we're still constrained and have to negotiate outcomes due to having all factors line up the way we want on the dates we want them.

Hope that helps clear up whatever rumor you heard, but also provides some insight as to how that's impossible anyway!

Herrsss
04-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Someone sure had an April Fool's joke going here!

SmoknTires
04-01-2016, 01:06 PM
My initial response was - "we've actually cancelled it completely" - but didn't want to be rude. ;.)

Herrsss
04-01-2016, 01:11 PM
My initial response was - "we've actually cancelled it completely" - but didn't want to be rude. ;.)

Plus a chance to pitch it one more time before registration closes ;)

HyperViper
04-01-2016, 05:33 PM
:trike: :drive::drive::drive:

Huh? While I'll immediately say that, NO, there is no such change (and was never discussed, thought of, or even dreamed of). I'm actually glad you asked as that's hard to even understand how that thought even came about. Please go back to the source and let them know that their information is incorrect.

Locations (and that includes hotel, racing, cruises, dinners, etc..) ALL needs to be committed over a year in advance (otherwise you can't get the pricing, but especially the location, that we want). So it's something that requires extreme forward planning and commitment. That's why we planned this out over TWO years ago - and that plan never changed either. We are (and always have been) locked and loaded and at this time working on a/v plans, linens, centerpieces, etc...

As an FYI - to demonstrate the work that goes into this, we've been working on the next NVE in 2018 (literally doing location studies, PHYSICALLY visiting 20 hotels, planning track, etc...) ALREADY... over 2 1/2 years before the next event. And believe it or not, we're still constrained and have to negotiate outcomes due to having all factors line up the way we want on the dates we want them.

Hope that helps clear up whatever rumor you heard, but also provides some insight as to how that's impossible anyway!

SmoknTires
04-01-2016, 06:36 PM
And... HOW do we know YOU were just kidding...

Hmmm. ;.)

HyperViper
04-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Well....My post was a lot shorter than yours.

SmoknTires
04-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Heh - I hear that a lot! ; )

HyperViper
04-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Where do you hear that Lol?