PDA

View Full Version : April 9, 2016...IN/KY VOA Meeting/Lunch/C&C at Captain's Quarters, Louisville, KY...

Steve-Indy
03-26-2016, 02:07 PM
April 9, 2016...IN/KY VOA Meeting/Lunch/C&C at Captain's Quarters, 5700 Captain's Quarters Rd. (River Road) in Prospect, KY.
As many of you already know, this is the site for Louisville's monthly Cars and Coffee. I would suggest arriving no later than 10:00 AM EDT in order to get a parking place. Our meeting and lunch will start at NOON EDT. ALL Viper Owners at welcome to attend !! Expect convoy info later.

Info Link: http://www.yellowpages.com/prospect-ky/mip/quarters-riverside-grille-captains-9049862?lid=9049862

Steve-Indy
04-02-2016, 11:23 AM
IN/KY VOA...Meeting NOON (EDT) Saturday April 9, 2016 in LOUISVILLE, KY...CONVOY TRAVEL UPDATE:

Prior to our noontime meeting, several Members plan to attend the Louisville Cars and Coffee held every second Saturday of the month at Captain's Quarters which runs from 9:00-11:00 AM EDT. A $5.00 fee will be charged per vehicle at these events...the proceeds of which will be donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for the purpose of research aimed at finding a cure for "Dystonia and Parkinsons".

Captain's Quarters Riverside Grill
5700 Captain's Quarters Rd., Prospect, KY 40059
This is actually located just off of River Road a few miles EAST of Louisville's Zorn Ave.

Info Link: http://www.yellowpages.com/prospect-ky/mip/quarters-riverside-grille-captains-9049862?lid=9049862

As the Cars and Coffee event winds down, the IN/KY Viper Owners Association MEMBERS AND GUESTS (any and all Viper owners) will move into the restaurant for lunch and a club meeting.
Indy area CONVOY info: We will gather at Champion Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge located at 4504 WEST 96th St, Indianapolis, IN at 7:30 AM EDT. We will DEPART at 8:00 AM EDT...SHARP !!! Members SOUTH of Indy can join us as we roll southward on I-65. Please plan to keep in touch via cell phone. PLEASE NOTE that the I-65 bridge construction has markedly altered the SOUTHBOUND traffic's access to I-64 East and I-71 North (Southern Indiana residents who commute daily call this "the bridge to nowhere" !!). Because of this we have been advised to use a different route across the Ohio River. A few miles north of the Ohio River, the convoy will take I-265 WEST (at I-65 Exit 6 ) toward New Albany, then take I-64 SOUTH to cross the Ohio River...NOTING that we NEED TO BE IN THE LEFT LANE crossing the Sherman Minton Bridge since we need to bear LEFT to continue on I-64 EAST to downtown Louisville. Once back on the EAST side of the I-65 bridge complex, we will take I-71 NORTH toward Cincinnati...exiting I-71 at Exit 2 (Zorn Ave.). From there, we head East on river Road to our destination.

Again....ALL Viper owners are invited to attend. Questions??...Call ME !!

See YOU there,

Steve Fess, Membership Coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc. 317-402-9013

Steve-Indy
04-08-2016, 05:59 AM
IN/KY VOA...Meeting/C&C Sat., 4/9/16..LOUISVILLE..WEATHER UPDATE:

Sadly, it appears that we will have less than ideal weather on Saturday for our annual Spring trip to Louisville, KY. This includes possible rain/snow showers in the Greater Indy area Friday night to Saturday morning. The Saturday AM temps are forecast to be in the mid 20's in Indianapolis and in the near 30 the Louisville area. Daytime highs should reach the low 40's in Indy and possibly 50 in Louisville.

NOTE: Indiana DOT has just applied salt to some of the I-65 bridges and overpasses in downtown Indianapolis.

While some will opt to use daily driver cars for this event, others may decide to drive Vipers. Whatever means you use to get there, it should be a fun meeting and a good meal at Captain's Quarters.

Drive safely and we will see you there,

Steve Fess, Membership Coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc.

Steve-Indy
04-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Hello, All:

I am sorry for the LATE notice, but we just received word that the Louisville Car and Coffee Group have canceled their planned event that we were to attend tomorrow (4/9/16) due to unfavorable weather conditions.

After discussing this with President Brent Elmore, it is felt that it is in the best interests of our Members to completely cancel our lunch meeting at Captain's Quarters as well.

We will reschedule our Louisville trip for a later time this summer.

Again, sorry for this change of plans,

Steve Fess, Membership Coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc. 317-402-9013