PDA

View Full Version : The mobile car inspector.

ViperVass
03-26-2016, 01:52 PM
I found a couple of emails, back when I as looking to buy a Viper and was looking to get an inspection done. Since the Viper I was looking at, was out of state. I wanted to be sure the inspector knew his way around Vipers.

I did not end up using this inspection company or buying that car.
Hindsight I should have just asked here on the forums, but the response I got from the "inspection" company was somewhat funny to me.

Me:
Hello, I am looking to get a 1996 Dodge Viper GTS inspected (in Colorado). What inspection should I buy? Do your inspectors have their own shop where they can lift the car in the air? Is there a way I can pre-screen the inspector, or communicate with them directly?

Them:
That is our Expert inspection! Our inspector goes directly to the vehicle. Please look at a sample report. There really is no prescreening of the inspectors, only us as a company. The inspector for this area is are certified and has been with us for many years. Good ;luck on your vehicle search.

Me:
The car has less than 2 or 3 inches of clearance from the road.
How is the inspector going to look at leaks and frame integrity, without a lift? Most leaks are only noticeable from beneath.
Does the exotic package include a more thorough inspection where the inspector will put the car on the lift?

Them:
The inspector does not have a lift. They use mirrors to look at the underside of the car.