PDA

View Full Version : Barret Jackson Event !

Martin2000GTS
03-25-2016, 12:53 AM
New England Viper Owners Association,

This is a fully loaded post so please read everything carefully!

We are still in the middle of planning out 2016 events. However we had to get this one out early to you guys. Most of you know that Barrett Jackson is coming to Mohegan Sun this June 23-25th (Thursday – Saturday). If you are a Barrett Jackson nut then this might be the opportunity you have been waiting for! This is the first time they have ever been in the North East. Of course its also at Mohegan sun and who doest like to gamble, shop, and hit up some nice restuarants!

Typically with Barrett Jackson they start off with lower priced cars in the beginning of the event and then as they near the last day (Saturday) is when you see the big money cars. Also keep in mind traffic on these days headed to Mohegan sun will be pretty bad. Well we have you set up with hotel & transportation!

We have secured a few rooms at the Norwich Hotel (www.thenorwichhotel.com) If you are interested in staying over please call them and mention that you are with “Viper Club” or speak to Sabrina (manager). The regular rate is $285/ night we are getting it for $235/night (plus taxes) The hotel has safe parking for your viper and also includes a shuttle bus that goes to Mohegan every hour on the hour, and goes back at 20 past on the hour every hour. Last shuttle home is around 2:20am. It is about a 10 min ride to Mohegan Sun.
Phone number is 860-892-9292 ask for Sabrina or mention you are with the group “Viper Club” to book your room asap. Because we have a limited amount of room please only book the room if you are 100% sure on going.

We could only block off the following rooms
- 10 rooms for Friday night
- 20 rooms for Saturday night
- If you want to stay Thursday night as well you will have to call the hotel to see if they can offer you a good rate.
The hotel will hold the rooms until the last day in March.
Keep in mind we can sellout these rooms within a few days from members signing up.

If you chose to stay in a different hotel that is up to you. We did look around at different options most that were closer were $300-$400/ night and already sold out. Mohegan was closer to $600-$700/ night for those days. Some of you may have connections or points at Mohegan so take advantage of them if you can. There are lesser priced hotels but not really the safest place for your viper. We just hope that we can all do dinner together at some point.

We have lined up dinner on Saturday night at Bar Americana in Mohegan. This is a pretty fancy spot. We have spoken to the manager and made a deal with them for $75 per person on a somewhat fixed menu (see attached menu option). If you want to join us please let us know. You have 2 options for dinner times on Saturday June 25th
- 5:30pm 20 person max if you want to sit together
- 9:00pm 20 person maxif you want to sit together
Please let us know if you want to be on the reservation for Dinner and for what time and we will put you on. Please email me or PM me on here to let me know.

I was also going to start a group text message for when we are at Mohegan so we can give you updates on where to meet if you want to join in group activities like bars and restaurant gatherings, so please email or PM me your cell phone number(s) that you want text updates sent to.

You should purchase tickets for Barrett Jackson beforehand as well. The only way to buy them from the comfort of your own home is through ticket master and get hit with their outrageous fees. Otherwise you can buy them at Mohegan Sun any time with no fees. However the longer you wait, you will rick the chances of selling out the tickets which will happen. If there are still ticket available the day of the event then you will pay a higher fee buying it on that day. Cost for tickets are as follows:

You can call ripoff master I mean ticket master 1 800 745 3000 or you can buy it right from their website.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/BarrettJackson-Collector-Car-Auction-tickets/artist/851808?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name
for $100pp after the ticket mater fees you can get the 3 day pass it covers all 3 days and you only get hit with one fee. If you just want to go for one or 2 days you can buy your tickets accordingly. There is also discounts for seniors over 55years old. Check the site and get your tickets early to be safe.

This is the website for Barrett Jackson ticket costs but when you go to buy it they redirect you to ticketmaster. How nice 
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Tickets/Northeast-2016/c10195a7-7bfd-432a-b008-e4d303b1709a

Big thanks to Maria from the NY club for doing most of the work in putting this event together. Hope we get a good mix of NY/CT & New England members to get together for this event.

Reminders:
- Book Hotel for the correct nights
- Buy Tickets on the correct dates that you want to be there
- Let us know if you want to be on the dinner reservations for 5:30 or 9:00 on Saturday
- Let us know if you want to be on the text message group so we can easily all keep in touch
- Let us know if you called the hotel and booked your room and for which nights

This is going to be awesome see you guys there! Ill be there Friday morning! Call or email me any time with any questions!

Martin-

99ACR
04-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Hey Martin, just reserved a room for sat night, none left for fri.

I'm looking forward to this, I have never been to a Barrett Jackson event.

Thanks
Dennis B

Martin2000GTS
04-11-2016, 08:22 AM
hey Dennis! Awesome!

Looks like Friday is already sold out!!

Martin2000GTS
04-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Check out the menu for Saturday night's dinner!! Please RSVP with me!!!16704

Policy Limits
04-12-2016, 08:14 AM
How does bidding work?

Martin2000GTS
04-13-2016, 07:59 AM
How does bidding work?

I have never done it before, but I believe you need to register with BJ online and be pre approved or something. If you go to their website its all listed there. Hey its now or never! Time to bid and take home a few cars! Ill help you drive them home!

HKViper
04-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Im an idiot. Don't listen to me.....:smilielol:

Evil v10
04-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Six rooms available my friend
Talk to Sabrina
Call today
Mention the viper club
RSVP Maria

thetalonguy
04-18-2016, 09:16 AM
FYI...Just booked a room the Norwich Hotel for Saturday night.

Matt and Melanie would like to do dinner at 9pm.

Martin, you have my cell phone # for group texts.

Thanks all for putting this together.
Matt-

JackKeane
06-14-2016, 12:06 PM
Hi Martin, new member here but I just booked a room for the 25th at the Norwich! I'd like to do dinner for myself and my girlfriend for 9pm. I'd also like to join in the group texts my number is 508-769-5080.

Thank you for this!!!

Evil v10
06-17-2016, 03:33 PM
The hotel name
Comfort Suites
The hotel address if anyone needs it
275 otrobando avenue
Norwich ct 06360
Telephone 860 892 9292

There is only one spot left for Saturday nights dinner

Enjoy your day

Evil v10
06-23-2016, 09:42 PM
Auction tickets sold out
I hope everyone purchased tickets

If anyone wants to meet up with viper members at the auction Saturday call Steven at 8604623355

If you're reserved for Saturday nights dinner we will see you at Bobby Flays at 9pm
Any problems please contact me st 8604623355

HKViper
06-23-2016, 10:41 PM
So bummed. Wish I had stayed up on this and got tickets.....oh well.

Martin2000GTS
06-23-2016, 11:43 PM
Tynan, I just bought a two 3 day passes off a member, if you wanna take my pass for Saturday (assuming that physically possible) let me know. I only need them for Friday....just not sure if its transferable to another person (might be a wristband or something that you would have to break to come off) Ill find out tomorrow !

Martin2000GTS
06-23-2016, 11:45 PM
Jack and Matt Ill make sure you guys are on the group text!

JackKeane
06-24-2016, 08:03 AM
Awesome thanks Martin!