PDA

View Full Version : A New dealer experience

I Bin Therbefor
12-29-2013, 08:32 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rajesh-setty/re-imagining-the-retail-e_b_4514046.html

We talk a lot about dealer experience. Here's how Audi is expermenting with a new type of dealer experience.

boostsaves
12-29-2013, 10:25 AM
That sounds great and all, but the whole "limited number of cars to test drive" is still pretty lame.

Ohiotj
12-29-2013, 12:38 PM
If you let a customer build the car they want it takes a few months till they get it. Meanwhile they are going to other brands and looking at their cars. Possible losing you ordered unit. Plus when they build whatever they want there eyes get bigger then their wallets. In the following weeks the realize they may not be able to afford it. It's hard to keep a good inventory on hand but seeing a car in person gets the customer emotionally attached. A few years ago I had a Chrysler rep tell me that the dealers were going to a small inventory system and package more things like sunroofs and wheel packages together. That system never worked. Always remember the feel of the wheel makes the deal.

Lawrenzo
12-29-2013, 08:41 PM
If you let a customer build the car they want it takes a few months till they get it. Meanwhile they are going to other brands and looking at their cars. Possible losing your ordered unit.
Having just ordered a custom colored Audi S7 last week I respectfully disagree. We are willing to wait for something unique, and there is not another car we would even consider. That being said though, on an A4 their business model might be a bit problematic.

ViperSmith
12-29-2013, 09:02 PM
AFAIK the US is the only market where people expect to walk away from a dealer with a car. Europe is big into ordering.

If you are buying a corolla who cares, but other than that getting what you want is fantastic.