PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans

Viper vince
03-21-2016, 11:49 AM
I find it kind of strange that you cannot get a one day pass to VOI in New Orleans. I am going to be there on business and would like to attend for one day. I find it ridiculous that I have to pay $895 for just one day.I a sad that they don't have a one day pass. Is there anyone who can help me ?

Viktimize
03-21-2016, 12:14 PM
The logistics of day passes would probably be a royal pain for the executive. The activities are different every day, so pricing per day would have to change. And then you would have somebody upset that they can't get a specific activity pass instead of a day pass.

Viper vince
03-21-2016, 04:14 PM
I think you should be able to attend for one day if you want to especially since I am a member . I am only going to be in the area for one day so $895 is a little steep for one day.

01sapphirebob
03-21-2016, 05:08 PM
As kinda mentioned...the logistics of of doing an event like this in an "either or" fashion would just be crazy. Not to mention there are miniums for lunches, dinners etc that have to be met. The cost would probably go up even higher if you could pic or choose which day you wanted to attend.

sparkrn
03-21-2016, 05:45 PM
I think you should be able to attend for one day if you want to especially since I am a member . I am only going to be in the area for one day so $895 is a little steep for one day.

I suppose it depends on what day you are there and whats going on. I assume you will be without car and it wont be a race day. Your always welcome to hang with us Vince but you already know that.

Martin2000GTS
03-21-2016, 08:21 PM
If people were only staying for certain days it would be a planning nightmare. It would never work out. NVE and VOI's in the past are so precisely planned out for 2 years+ in advance. So much goes into this it would be 100% impossible to do something like that. I def feel for you because it is a great time. I'm sure the president in your club can explain you more details to justify it. Hope you can make it to another one in the future. The club is awesome, believe me if they could do it they would.

Vprbite
03-22-2016, 02:09 AM
If people were only staying for certain days it would be a planning nightmare. It would never work out. NVE and VOI's in the past are so precisely planned out for 2 years+ in advance. So much goes into this it would be 100% impossible to do something like that. I def feel for you because it is a great time. I'm sure the president in your club can explain you more details to justify it. Hope you can make it to another one in the future. The club is awesome, believe me if they could do it they would.

This makes sense to me. A lot of it is probably not the club's fault. But rather race tracks, hotels, etc. say we require X amount of people to give a discount or to even reserve a ballroom.

RTTTTed
03-23-2016, 04:39 PM
Since the event is a limited entry perhaps you could buy a day pass at that time if there are spaces unsold?

If you find someone on the VOA facebook page that would be willing to sell one of their days? Or perhaps share the cost of the ticket and skip your day? I certainly don't know but it might be worth attempting?

FrankBarba
03-23-2016, 07:36 PM
Blow off your business. Go both days...You own a Viper now...The rules have changed.

Wx-manBen
03-25-2016, 09:41 AM
I have a question kind of like this, I want to go down for a day or two and just spectate at the track if I can. Will this be possible at NOLA? I got into the Ferrari Racing Days event last October by saying "I am here to ride the go carts." I was told it was free to get in and spectate there and drove 5 hours to pretty much sneak my way in. I do NOT want to do that with this event. I want to know beforehand if spectating at NOLA is possible at NVE2 without having to sneak your way in. (It was only Friday, Saturday was open to the public at NOLA for the Ferrari event).

XSnake
03-25-2016, 10:14 AM
I have a question kind of like this, I want to go down for a day or two and just spectate at the track if I can. Will this be possible at NOLA? I got into the Ferrari Racing Days event last October by saying "I am here to ride the go carts." I was told it was free to get in and spectate there and drove 5 hours to pretty much sneak my way in. I do NOT want to do that with this event. I want to know beforehand if spectating at NOLA is possible at NVE2 without having to sneak your way in. (It was only Friday, Saturday was open to the public at NOLA for the Ferrari event).

Since the VOA has bought the entire complex including the kart track and has exclusive use of it that probably will not work for this event. Not sure if spectating will be allowed. But, I doubt using the kart track trick will work for this event.

Wx-manBen
03-25-2016, 04:34 PM
Since the VOA has bought the entire complex including the kart track and has exclusive use of it that probably will not work for this event. Not sure if spectating will be allowed. But, I doubt using the kart track trick will work for this event.
That is what it is sounding like, I have not really seen anyone talk about spectating. If I cannot get a concrete answer I will not go on a 5 hour drive to just get turned away at the gate and I may have to work that weekend anyway. Is there anyone I could contact about this?

Texasvenom
03-25-2016, 09:33 PM
Or you could just pay like everyone else attending NVE2.

AZTVR
03-25-2016, 10:36 PM
Or you could just pay like everyone else attending NVE2.

No, he can't. At least that is my understanding since he is only in the process of looking to buy a Viper. I understand that a guy like that would love to have the chance to see many of the possibilities all in one spot.

I also understand that the club would want many of the functions limited to owners. Perhaps there are some activities in the public arena that are designed to capture the attention of possible new Viper owners and share the enthusiasm for the car.

Wx-manBen
03-26-2016, 12:09 AM
No, he can't. At least that is my understanding since he is only in the process of looking to buy a Viper. I understand that a guy like that would love to have the chance to see many of the possibilities all in one spot.

I also understand that the club would want many of the functions limited to owners. Perhaps there are some activities in the public arena that are designed to capture the attention of possible new Viper owners and share the enthusiasm for the car.

Yes sir, that sums it all up pretty much. I am looking to buy in the next few months and my buddy here in Shreveport, LA told me about this event. I would love to go spectate and see everything for myself. I knew the whole "sneak in" story would be frowned upon, I was told it was free to get in to the event to start with all weekend and that is why I went. I will understand if the club will not allow spectators, I will respect that.

Texasvenom if I already had a Viper I would have paid.

VENOMISS
03-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Hmm an interesting view point I have not look at as of yet... The Perspective buyer. All I can do is inquire and post back what I find. Others are correct. I have been planning this for 3 years, much has been set in stone for a good while.... Not that things cannot change.... Regardless, good luck in your Viper search!

Wx-manBen
04-07-2016, 08:31 AM
Hmm an interesting view point I have not look at as of yet... The Perspective buyer. All I can do is inquire and post back what I find. Others are correct. I have been planning this for 3 years, much has been set in stone for a good while.... Not that things cannot change.... Regardless, good luck in your Viper search!
My bad on partially hijacking your thread... Definitely let us know what you find out! Also thanks man, in the coming months I will be looking for a Gen3 or Gen 4 Coupe, I do not think it will be in time for NVE2.

VENOMISS
04-08-2016, 07:34 AM
Been some discussion related to this. It all boils down to insurance. My take, Non members are not covered. So having you at a "private" venue such as the track is just not in the cards. Would be very excited to meet any potential Viper owner as well as have another member join my region, don't get me wrong.

VENOMISS
04-08-2016, 07:46 AM
A one day pass is impossible. I dislike not having folks attend, but the amount of work that is going on behind the scenes to pull off a top notch event is really time consuming. And it's really kicked into high gear now that we are a month and a few days away.... Adding this level of logistical nightmare to the mix would dilute the effort from critical areas that demand our attention.

Wx-manBen
04-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Been some discussion related to this. It all boils down to insurance. My take, Non members are not covered. So having you at a "private" venue such as the track is just not in the cards. Would be very excited to meet any potential Viper owner as well as have another member join my region, don't get me wrong.

It is all good, it makes sense.