PDA

View Full Version : Shipping favor to LA/Anaheim/San Diego

Darth Menace
03-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Hey guys, I am a Canadian here and was wondering if someone could do me a solid. I live in Alberta and the week ending April and into May my family and I are going to LA and Disneyland, etc.

Long story short I just have a few non viper related car parts I am needing a place to ship to. A cold air intake, some exhaust tips for my GTO, etc. Likely nothing big. I know when I lived closer to the US boarder like a decade ago I could get stuff shipped to the postal office close, but I think they are done doing that.

I'd be more than willing to pay for this in cash or beer. I just can't condone spending literally 3-4 times more on this bumper by getting it done in Canada, and this is an opportunity to get it done.

Vprbite
03-22-2016, 11:36 AM
You know LA/Anaheim and San Diego aren't exactly right next to each other, right? I mean, Anaheim and LA proper are close but San Diego can easily be a three hour drive (or more) depending on traffic. Which one do you need it sent to? LA or San Diego?

Darth Menace
03-22-2016, 12:50 PM
You know LA/Anaheim and San Diego aren't exactly right next to each other, right? I mean, Anaheim and LA proper are close but San Diego can easily be a three hour drive (or more) depending on traffic. Which one do you need it sent to? LA or San Diego?
We are going to Vegas Anaheim/LA (staying in Anaheim), and also travelling to San Diego. I am pretty flexible, but also don't want to inconvenience anyone. I just don't really know how things roll in that area as far as shipping depots etc.

Believe me, I know how painful the time/distance ratio in LA can be. Last time we went we went to Conan and it took us about 2 hours to get home in what would usually be a 20 minute drive. Super painful.:Canada:

Uncle Paul
03-22-2016, 01:07 PM
I am in San Diego, and have a business you could ship your parts to, no problem.

We have UPS and USPS deliveries most every day, and there is always someone there to sign for your package. Size is no big deal.

Could always take in the Zoo, Sea World or the beach while you are here.

Happy to help.

Paul Hawker

Darth Menace
03-22-2016, 01:11 PM
I am in San Diego, and have a business you could ship your parts to, no problem.

We have deliveries most every day, and there is always someone there to sign for your package. Size is no big deal.

Could always take in the Zoo, Sea World or the beach while you are here.

Happy to help.

Paul

Sounds great! Thanks for the help. Again I am wanting to convenience anyone one tiny bit, just don't know my other options which is why I posted :). We are doing mostly stuff in LA/Anaheim but are going to be doing Legoland and Sea world. Painful I know, but that is what a person does for their kids

Uncle Paul
03-22-2016, 01:51 PM
Legoland can be tough for adults, but watching kid have fun is OK. It is right next to a microbrewery, so there is also that : >)

Sea World is much better for adults. The shows are fun to watch, and the Shamu Killer Whale exhibit is something the adults really enjoy.

They have a Lunch with Shamu that groups go to, where the Killer Whales get up close and personal. They have naturalists that give a talk while you eat and you learn a bunch about how they were almost hunted to extinction. SeaWorld was one of the places that set up their own breeding program to protect the species. (now are under attack for doing so.)

Paul

WillyPrep
03-22-2016, 02:52 PM
I own a warehouse in San Diego. You are welcome to ship there.

Black Pearl
03-22-2016, 03:58 PM
My shop is 30 minutes from Disneyland, depending on traffic. Let me know.

Vprbite
03-22-2016, 04:03 PM
Wow. The people in this club continually demonstrate how incredibly nice they are. Looks like you have some good options, Darth.

Good luck!

Darth Menace
03-22-2016, 04:08 PM
My shop is 30 minutes from Disneyland, depending on traffic. Let me know.

Wow, such kindness in the Viper world. I should order something Viper related so at least it makes sense. :)Thanks guys.

Darth Menace
03-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys, and again if it will inconvenience anyone for one second I don't want to do that. If there are other shipping places/options out there I am all ears. I just don't know how stuff rolls that far away....you'd almost think it is another country or something. :0

PS-I envy you guys for living in California vs the igloos that we do.

If it helps any I will be ordering parts for a 69 Pontiac GTO Judge convertible (tribute)

Black Pearl
03-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Its rough living in California. We surf at the beach in the morning and 2 hours later snow skiing in the mountains:)

Darth Menace
03-23-2016, 11:11 AM
Its rough living in California. We surf at the beach in the morning and 2 hours later snow skiing in the mountains:)Hey, we have skiing for sure in the Canadian Rockies. Oh yeah, and the hippies in BC and imbreeds in the East Coast have surfing. Unfortunately half the year we are covered in snow. That is what I envy about the Southern states. Oh yeah, and I think I would rather have Trump as our leader instead of Trudeau.

Darth Menace
03-23-2016, 11:24 AM
They have a Lunch with Shamu that groups go to, where the Killer Whales get up close and personal. They have naturalists that give a talk while you eat and you learn a bunch about how they were almost hunted to extinction. SeaWorld was one of the places that set up their own breeding program to protect the species. (now are under attack for doing so.)

Paul

Yep, thats the way they are here as well at the zoo's. Oh those poor animals are in captivity although some were left for dead and rescued by the zoo. It is similar to anti-hunters, don't kill the poor animal and eat them, keep them out there to overpopulate and die from starvation and disease. Canada is the worst for lovey dovey political correctness where anyone that has an opinion is either racist or doesn't have a "Canadian attitude". I find social media is a big cause of this and a cancer on society. *rant over*