PDA

View Full Version : Viper invasion of Conner Ave 5/27/16

NetkoGTS
03-17-2016, 04:02 PM
As part of the 20 year celebration for the PA/WV VOA "Viper Club", we want to do a few special events this year. #1 on my "To DO" list has always been to visit Conner Ave. SO.....

MAY 27, 2016
VIPER INVASION OF CONNER AVE!!!
This is the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. We could either have a 9am or 1pm slot and I am going to make the executive decision and go with the 1pm slot since there is some drive time involved to Detroit. If anyone wants to split the trip up, we can all meet up in Erie, PA (right by lake Erie) the night before. I can arrange a block of hotel rooms in Erie for anyone wanting to make a fresh start on Friday.

I also asked if there was a way we could do something nice like provide lunch for the day shift and the answer was unfortunately no. There are UAW and FCA policies around "gifts". Admission will be a single can of food. The "comfortable" max number of guests is 30. This is because of the number of people being able to hear the tour guide at one time. But, whose counting?

WHO'S IN???? People driving their Vipers to CAPP get priority status! (Tips hat to those renegades) And for anyone not knowing what Conner Ave is, please pick up your Corvette windbreaker at the door.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
Shawn

WestminsterSlim
03-18-2016, 02:07 PM
And for anyone not knowing what Conner Ave is, please pick up your Corvette windbreaker at the door.

:lol2:

If I didn't already have all my vaca time spoken for at work I would be all over this. Sounds seriously fun. Hoping I can make it out for a tour before production ends.

NetkoGTS
03-19-2016, 01:09 PM
You got sick time? I'm sure I could get you a doctors excuse if needed. We can say you were bitten by a snake. :rolleyes:

NetkoGTS
03-20-2016, 09:34 AM
After the tour, we can head over to Vinsetta Garage for dinner. I was going to invite any of the workers to meet us up there to "Celebrate the Viper".

http://vinsettagarage.com/

More details to come!

FrankBarba
04-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Is the Livonia shop available also for a tour ?

NetkoGTS
04-10-2016, 06:29 AM
Can you PM me the specifics of that? Never heard of it before...

Sammy0009
03-13-2017, 08:31 PM
I'd love to get in on this. I'm in the Carolina region and I'd be driving it up there.

Sammy0009
03-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Is this going to happen this year as well? Just realized the post date...