PDA

View Full Version : Repair mileage

gcrain
03-16-2016, 08:34 PM
Finally got my car back from the dealer and noticed it had an extra 24 miles on it. It did get aligned, is this normal for a Viper alignment?

wrh3
03-16-2016, 08:39 PM
No? My car has the same miles I brought it in with when I get an alignment, is that all that was done?

Steve M
03-16-2016, 08:40 PM
If you are asking the question, I think you already know. And in case that's too cryptic, I think that's a bit much for a quick stroll around the block to make sure the car is driving like it should after an alignment.

donk_316
03-16-2016, 08:49 PM
24 miles is 38kms... That's a joy ride.

I once had a local shop put 600kms on my GTR... Took out one turbo and blew the clutch. Good times.

7TH_SIGN
03-16-2016, 09:22 PM
Joy ride. Got to love dealerships. I will never trust one with mine. That YouTube video of all the salesmen basicly raping a customers ordered Viper as soon as it got off the delivery truck was enough for me.

ViperSmith
03-16-2016, 09:38 PM
Why would a test drive be necessary for an alignment?

gcrain
03-16-2016, 10:17 PM
That's what I thought. I also noticed 3rd gear sounds different now.

When I shift into 3rd it sounds like a plane just landed and put the engines into reverse.

Pappy
03-16-2016, 10:32 PM
That's what I thought. I also noticed 3rd gear sounds different now.

When I shift into 3rd it sounds like a plane just landed and put the engines into reverse.

Ask for a written explanation from the General Manager immediately! Document the date, persons involved, and sequence of events -- veiled threat. Or use the Trump approach - pay somebody's legal fees to "take care of the problem."

Pappy

Pappy

dethred
03-16-2016, 10:34 PM
Call SRT and file a complaint, or threaten to and get something out of it. Dealerships are somehow a magnet for scummy employees.

Aspirations57
03-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Check the rear wheel wells for signs of rubber:devilish:

USCDOC
03-16-2016, 11:32 PM
Dude that's ridiculous. All those dealers have video now. Bet some answers could come from that. I'm so sorry.

Aspirations57
03-17-2016, 12:58 AM
Dude that's ridiculous. All those dealers have video now. Bet some answers could come from that. I'm so sorry.

Video lol, sorry Colombo but the only video that might exist would be of the guy(s) that took it out filiming massive burnouts,lol Check U-tube.

gcrain
03-17-2016, 01:04 AM
Is their any data stored on the Viper's computer that would help me figure out what they were doing with my car? For all I know they ran the quarter mile 96 times.

adprokid
03-17-2016, 04:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjBaEILiQM

swexlin
03-17-2016, 06:14 AM
Did they do anything besides an alignment? For instance, a diff replacement? That might need some miles? Just guessing. Have you used the dealership in the past, and where there any issues?

gcrain
03-17-2016, 08:29 AM
My biggest concern is there is something wrong with 3rd gear now. When you shift into it at normal or low RPMs it sounds like you you have downshifted at very high RPMs.

They were replacing a right front wheel, that's why the alignment. As a bonus the tow truck company destroyed the left control arm which had to be replaced too.

swexlin
03-17-2016, 08:32 AM
My biggest concern is there is something wrong with 3rd gear now. When you shift into it at normal or low RPMs it sounds like you you have downshifted at very high RPMs.

They were replacing a right front wheel, that's why the alignment. As a bonus the tow truck company destroyed the left control arm which had to be replaced too.

Do a search, but there have been a few others here with 3rd gear issues, don't remember if it was synchro or something else. You're saying 3rd was fine before it went in for the repair. Document everything with your dealer's service manager.

7TH_SIGN
03-17-2016, 08:35 AM
^^
Man I'm sorry to hear your going through all this. I'd contact Chrysler and the dealerships manager ASAP! The longer you take to contact them, the more ammunition you give them to say that the 3rd gear issue happened under your position.

Policy Limits
03-17-2016, 08:36 AM
I always snap shot my odometer reading with my cell phone before shutting it down at a dealer. I don't recall the 3rd gear issue. Definitely go to a different dealer for the warranty work. Even on a brake line bleed where operation is necessary it's 2 miles max

Bill Pemberton
03-17-2016, 09:46 AM
Have to agree with everyone, no real reason to have to drive 24 miles. Maybe a few, just to double check everything, but 24 is way out of line. I would go directly to the Owner/Genl. Mgr. and report your concerns.

Jack B
03-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Not that you can access

Is their any data stored on the Viper's computer that would help me figure out what they were doing with my car? For all I know they ran the quarter mile 96 times.

Jack B
03-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Tell them that was Bill's suggestion and give them Bill's phone number - lol

Have to agree with everyone, no real reason to have to drive 24 miles. Maybe a few, just to double check everything, but 24 is way out of line. I would go directly to the Owner/Genl. Mgr. and report your concerns.

Rocket
03-17-2016, 11:38 AM
One trick someone pointed out was writing the mileage on a big yellow sticky and placing it on your dash so that everyone knows you're watching it.

If they did have to replace the control arm and do the alignment - a few more miles might be expected.

gcrain
03-17-2016, 01:50 PM
3 or 4 miles wouldn't have surprised me, 24 seems high.

I heard the alignment was a 4 hour process so I was wondering if the wheels were rotating that whole time.