PDA

View Full Version : Its a sad day for the New England club with the passing of our member Rod Hansen.

Martin2000GTS
03-16-2016, 12:21 AM
The New England region and the Viper Nation has lost a great man, and long-standing member. Rod Hansen joined the club in June of 1996 and was one of our region's founding members. For 10+ years, he has been our trusted treasurer as well. He served our club with outstanding excellence. He drove his 93 RT to every VOI except one that he missed. He loved the viper that he bought brand new in 1993 and was one of the most active members in the club for years. His Viper was his favorite toy and often enjoyed it with his wife Sharon and grandson Cameron.

Some of you here may know him as he was one of those people you just could not help but like. He was always cheerful and friendly with fellow viper owners. I don’t think he posted on the forum much so you may not know him from here.

He will be missed for sure.

If you knew Rod, please share a story here so his memory can live on. I for one can say that I looked up to him for advice on many things inside and outside of the club. He always guided me in my youthful years as a member. We shared many good times together at events and I will remember him forever. We will miss you Rod. Thanks for everything you have done for the club and being a great friend as well.

Martin-

ACR Steve
03-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Very sad to hear........ RIP Rod

BlknBlu
03-16-2016, 01:17 PM
thoughts go out to your region, never easy losing a Viper brother.

Bruce

Fatboy 18
03-16-2016, 01:32 PM
May he have Happy days driving the Race track in the Sky :)

My deepest condolences and thoughts for his family. RIP

ViperTony
03-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Martin very sad to hear. I don't believe I met Rod personally but I've always heard great things about him from the NE crew over the years. RIP Rod!

Scott Mannny
03-16-2016, 03:53 PM
We are so sorry for your regions loss!! Its never easy to loose a close friend, especially a Viper brother that understands and shares our passion!!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with the New England region and his family.

1ststrike
03-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Sorry for your regions lose. May he enjoy the smoothest roads above.

Rosie
03-17-2016, 05:39 AM
Rusty and I will always cherish our friendship with Rod. Everyone says you join the club because of the car but stay because of the friends.This time of year as the weather warms and we get ready for "Viper Season" the real anticipation is gathering with all the members or as Rusty and I like to say our Viper family. Rod will always be an inspiration to us; he lived life to the fullest and followed his passion. He and Sharon were at our event planning meeting five weeks ago and one of our up coming events for 2016 was his idea. We will ride in his honor and celebrate his life as friend and a long time Viper member. Rod was part of what made our club successful; as our dedicated treasurer he let us know when we were close to "red line" making sure we had the funds to enjoy all the events we planned. The picture is from our Christmas party, where he and Sharon sat at the front door collecting tickets and handing out smiles and kind words. One of our favorite memories was on the trip back from the NVE1 when Rusty and I were driving through upstate NY and could see for miles; Rusty said "look up ahead, there's a viper!" Pedal to the metal we caught up with the red 93 RT and realized it was Rod and Sharon cruising along with huge smiles. We waved, gave thumbs up and sped on our way. He will be missed at NVE2. As I said Rod is an inspiration and we look forward to enjoying the viper club for many years as he did. Rod, you will always be in our hearts, with love Rusty and Kerrie

thetalonguy
03-17-2016, 08:30 AM
My condolences for your loss. It's never easy to lose someone who was so passionate and full of life.

Martin2000GTS
03-18-2016, 04:41 PM
A pic of me and Rod at our most recent Holiday party a few months ago. He was awarded our "years of dedication" to the club award. An award we rarely have ever given out.