PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Full 2 page ad in Motor Trend Advertising the Viper....NICE

KRATEDISEASE
12-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Just got my Feb 2014 issue of Motor Trend and on pages 20-21 is a full 2 page ad for the SRT VIPER.

I am very impressed !!

Very Classy Ad indeed.

Shows commitment to the Viper that they are willing to spend the money on Ads.

P.S. Additionally, One way to help oneself get good reviews for a car being tested/reviewed is to advertise (bribe) the publisher by buying ads in their Mags. ( good move on SRT's part)

Troublemaker
12-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Buying add space in a magazine is the best way to get a good review in that magazine. Its sad, but true.

ViperSmith
12-28-2013, 04:21 PM
can you snap a picture and upload?

VYPR BYT
12-28-2013, 04:24 PM
i hate that mag

... but regardless of my feelings, good to know about the article - thankx for sharing!

KRATEDISEASE
12-28-2013, 05:20 PM
can you snap a picture and upload?

sure, no problem.

Nine Ball
12-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Pretty good. Rather see a pic of a TA doing a sideways drift with tires smoking and an American flag in the background, though. Ads need to demand attention, this one looks pretty common in car mags.

ViperSmith
12-28-2013, 05:38 PM

sure, no problem.

Thanks. Looks good, but I agree with Tony.

But, glad to see SRT advertising it!

KRATEDISEASE
12-28-2013, 05:45 PM
I liked it as soon as I saw it. It highlights the high end interior.

It is a milestone. I have never seen a Viper advertised in a print magazine before, at least to my best knowledge.

(Harley-Davidson swore years ago in the 1990's and early 2000's that they would never advertise, and yet now for about 5 years past they are eating those words.)

kdaviper
12-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Pretty good. Rather see a pic of a TA doing a sideways drift with tires smoking and an American flag in the background, though. Ads need to demand attention, this one looks pretty common in car mags.

People already know that the Viper is fast. This is SRT's attempt of actually catching the new market they're seeking. Trying to move some of those expensive GTS models, that's where the profits are.

mnc2886
12-28-2013, 11:04 PM
People already know that the Viper is fast. This is SRT's attempt of actually catching the new market they're seeking. Trying to move some of those expensive GTS models, that's where the profits are.

Probably true. I was honestly surprised SRT would even send MotorTrend a dime after all the controversy. Either way, good to see, but I think the red interior might have grabbed more attention. The brown interior is just, well, too brown.

Policy Limits
12-29-2013, 08:49 AM
What's a magazine?

Print died in 2010

VENOM V
12-29-2013, 09:41 AM
About time, well done. Same ad is in the latest Autoweek.

Hopefully they also advertised in Car and Driver's upcoming issue with the Lightening Lap article, so the TA will get a fair shake. The Lightning Lap is a vital opportunity for redemption in the press, after the Motor Trend disasters.

Troublemaker
12-29-2013, 09:47 AM
What's a magazine?

Print died in 2010

I don't think the definition of magazine has anything to do with print. I still like to flip through pages manually, it might sound weird but it's how I got my oldest to acquire an interest in reading, car magazines.

KRATEDISEASE
12-29-2013, 09:49 AM
What's a magazine?

Print died in 2010

Not true.... for those like me that still have/use a beeper !!

Policy Limits
12-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Haha trust me its just u. If I mailed a federal court today a document saying that I represent you, they'd reject it and mail it back as they only accept electronic filing.

Text messages have almost completely replaced letters & you'll see the post office start to gradually cut back by illuminating mail on Saturday.

And if you want real proof that print died just observe the manner in which you read this post!

The mags might survive through social media; I do read some of their Facebook posts

Policy Limits
12-29-2013, 10:12 AM
PS the new viper comes with a disk for an owners manual that can be read on a computer screen & if you insist on printed documentation for an owners manual you must specifically request it from the factory or you won't get one ;)

Troublemaker
12-29-2013, 10:17 AM
To use federal in any sentence to define a standard isn't going to help any argument:furious:

boostsaves
12-29-2013, 10:19 AM
I agree what the above poster said about the T/A being crucial to the general outlook/attitude towards the SRT Viper when compared to other similar vehicles specific to magazine testing. The gen V press car boo boo has been beat to death.

People still read print magazines. This is a step in the right direction SRT, keep it up.

Policy Limits
12-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Ha. Well most State Courts have electronic filing now too, but not all of them like the fed. On the plus side there is a beautiful book that SRT mails you when you buy the new car. It's quality is truly outstanding. :)

Want me to upload it ? (Lmao sorry couldn't resist)

Nine Ball
12-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Ads still show up in the digital versions of the magazines, too. Via ipad.

Policy Limits
12-29-2013, 12:16 PM
My favorite car mag was DuPont registry; I'd still flip through it if in a supermarket but mostly I check out their website which is a great resource for high end auto listings