PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 H/C/I build - looking for input

parabs
03-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Looking for thoughts/comments on what else "I need to have", and what else would be "nice to have"

First inspired by 345s-bspinnin and his Greg Good package I began planning to make more power in my gen 3. Then came cubican's success with mopar 150hp build, coupled with ACRucrazy selling me his nib Mopar Performance Part # P5156137 package, I began to put together parts for my build, which I plan to start shortly and finish up and have tuned by early April.

Parts list so far:

Engine
1. Mopar Performance Part # P5156137
2. A&C Perforamnce Custom cam, Arrow single blade TB, beehive springs, timing set, 170* thermostat
3. Ipsco under-drive crank pulley and new belt
4. DSE Gen 4 catch can kit
5. RSI's new high volume oil pump

Tuning
1. SCT remote tuning from A&C Performance, local dyno TBD

Exhaust
1. ARH for gen 4 with cats
2. 3" Corsa, (also have 3" B&B)

Transfer to the ground
1. Woodhouse MCS Singles with Eibach springs
2. Deviate Motoring sourced Forgestar F14 wheels
3. Khumo V720 ACR spec tires
4. SnakeOyl motor mounts and tranny mount

I'd like to see around 650 rwhp.

The car has ~40k miles on it and is 100% stock. I'm on the fence about getting new plug wires for it, I haven't had any issues that lead me to believe it's time for new wires, but the car is 10+ years old. (Looking forward next winter I will consider either going with a built bottom end and porting the heads and intake, or if I suspect driveline issues go with the tr6060 tranny and an upgraded rear diff.)

Thoughts on anything else I should consider adding to this build? I appreciate any and all comments.

cubican
03-02-2016, 10:21 PM
If you want to hit the 650hp mark is all in the tunning but don't get cough up on the dyno # I had my car in 3 different Dynos and they all where different # from 610 to 653, also on my set up I when the with a gen v fuel pump. You will love it on the rear end I had 3:55 but now I'm running 3:07 with the extra power they work better for me.

99RT10
03-03-2016, 12:04 AM
Plug wires and plugs are the first thing, but do it in conjunction with the build. Get with Greg for the heads, no one better. If you don't want any down time, but a spare set of heads to send to Greg.

Acquire all the rest. When you get everything back, find a free weekend and go to town!!! :drive:

PaulP
03-03-2016, 01:24 AM
Rights on parabs nice to see you getting into it heavy! Bunch of us are talking about running the vipers at castrol in edmonton maybe you could make it out too?
I think you should add coils and wires, I did demon coils and new plug wires on my paxton build last year, Next you will want to upgrade the gen 3 diff or get a gen 4 diff, The stock gen three diff won't last long, mine didn't i went with a gen 4 diff easy plug and play install. You deff got the right guy tuning it my tunes where bang on crisp with Todd.

parabs
03-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Thanks gents, I'm going to look into wires. Any recommendations?

I'd love to get to Castrol this year! I have a few other things I have already committed to so I'm not sure if it will be possible, but if not this year then next year for sure!

J TNT
03-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Nice project ! Cubican and 345'sbspinning are great examples to go by ! I would recommend doing a leak down test and checking or replacing your connecting rod bearings . And Todd from A&C Performance is a great choice for tuning ! Greg Good is also a great choice for Head work and other related info !
Do you have a link for RSI's High volume oil pump kit ?
All the Best in your Build ! Look forward to your results !!!

parabs
03-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Hey cubican,

I agree with you 100%, lots of variables in a "rwhp number" but despite that, I still want 650 rwhp haha!

J TNT, here is the link to the RSI pump.

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/racing-solutions/242626-official-release-rsi-high.html

chicagopd50
03-03-2016, 11:27 AM
i just polished my intake and was able to change out my spark plug wires and coil packs, i used magnecor wires model 1528.....and screamin demon coil packs..

cubican
03-03-2016, 06:13 PM
On the wires AB wires are the absolute best, I also change the coil to demon coils. If you need anything at all just let me know or let us know glad to help.