PDA

View Full Version : Rear end seal leaking

Shooter
12-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Well hell. Was underneath my ACR today with a flashlight and noticed what looked like a leak. Pulled the skid plate off and yep...the differential is leaking at the seal.
Only 1850 miles. Looks like a trip to the dealer is in order. Glad I wasn't going to a track this weekend.
My other 09 diff never leaked so I figure it would have to be because this car sat for so long before I bought it. I am the 1st owner and got it the end of last year.

FLATOUT
12-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Is it the housing cover that's leaking, if so easy fix. Or is it leaking at one of the half shafts?

Shooter
12-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Is it the housing cover that's leaking, if so easy fix. Or is it leaking at one of the half shafts?

Housing cover seal dude.

FLATOUT
12-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Housing cover seal dude.

That sucks, go ahead and sell it. :D

Shooter
12-27-2013, 06:15 AM
That sucks, go ahead and sell it. :D

.......... :)

TowDawg
12-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Good luck!
My passenger side half-shaft seal has a small leak. I'm on my 3rd one since I noticed it, but it only leaks at the track. Street driving (even spirited) won't make it leak at all. Every time I've replaced it, the seal looks fine, so I can't figure out what's going on with it. Since the Viper isn't really going to see track duty anymore, I'm done fooling with it for the time being.