PDA

View Full Version : TODD at A & C PERFORMANCE!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!! :) ... 735 rwhp/658 rtq!!!

ViperCobra
02-23-2016, 03:09 AM
Hi Guys,

I just want to share my experience with Todd and his crew at A & C Performance in Southern California. I live in Norcal about 7 hrs away from Todd's shop. I decided to have my 2006 Supercharged Roadster Viper shipped to him to fix some issues on my Viper and the low power output its making. I did try a shop here in Norcal to fix the issue but was unsuccessful. Before I had my Viper shipped to Todd, it was only making 520 rwhp/498 rwtq. I know I had issues with it, so I decided to have Todd work some magic on my Viper .... and so he DID!!! While my Viper was at Todd's shop I decided to ask him to add his Supercharger Cam to add a little more HP together with the Paxton Supercharger. I just got my Viper back last Friday but I was not able to test drive it right away coz it was a wet and rainy day. I was so excited and test drove her Sunday and it felt SOOO GOOD driving her! She felt like an Old Grandma car before and now she feels like A CRAZY WILD APE!!! TOTALLY NEW ANIMAL!!! Also, The exhaust sound with the CAM ... MUSIC TO MY EARS!!! Todd also told me that the during the dynotuning the Dyno had to be set at the lowest power setting, Todd had to De-Tune my Viper because of the POWER its making (kept on climbing up during dyno) and also due to my stock bottom end. Todd is the MAN!! and I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM! A & C Performance is the only shop that I will go to from now on ... and I Don't care if I'm about 7 hrs away!!! :)

NEW RWHP/TQ = 735/658 !!! (Note: STOCK BOTTOM END and on 3.55 GEARS which Todd mentioned that accounts to roughly 30 RWHP LESS!!!)

Here are my ADD-ON MODIFICATIONS on my 2006 Viper:

PAXTON NOVI 2000 SUPERCHARGER (on 7 lbs of boost)
A&C SUPERCHARGER CAMSHAFT
M&M LONG TUBE HEADERS
M&M STRAIGHT PIPES
CORSA EXHAUST
3.55 GEARS
NEW AFTER MARKET CLUTCH
A&C CUSTOM CATCH CAN

Here's the Video link and dynograph of my Viper with Todd's magic touch!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVjz6DSVfoI

Ninjazx71
02-23-2016, 09:42 AM
Great numbers! So what was the ultimate cause of the low numbers you were seeing prior to A&C getting their hands on it?

ViperCobra
02-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Great numbers! So what was the ultimate cause of the low numbers you were seeing prior to A&C getting their hands on it?

Thank you! I believe I had some low fuel and wiring issues. Also had some leak on my Supercharger unit, so Todd had it shipped to Paxton to got it fixed. :) ... She's a new BEAST now :)!

Acperformance
02-23-2016, 10:22 AM

Electrical problems and tuning mistakes.

And just for clarification on the power numbers. I did detune this Viper as much as possible. If it had 3:07 gears, it would have yielded probably well over 760rwhp. It had very very low timing and an far of 10.8 to keep everything as safe as possible. In addition all plugs were pulled after the first full pull to verify engine happiness :) and tuning was done of the spark plug with the most lead. 4 or 5 more degrees in this car would have netted an easy 100rwhp more. BUT thats when we do a bottom end :)

Thanks Dennis for confiding in us to handle your Viper needs.

Todd

ViperCobra
02-23-2016, 11:14 AM

And just for clarification on the power numbers. I did detune this Viper as much as possible. If it had 3:07 gears, it would have yielded probably well over 760rwhp. It had very very low timing and an far of 10.8 to keep everything as safe as possible. In addition all plugs were pulled after the first full pull to verify engine happiness :) and tuning was done of the spark plug with the most lead. 4 or 5 more degrees in this car would have netted an easy 100rwhp more. BUT thats when we do a bottom end :)

Todd

I can't Thank you enough Todd for all what you've done to my Viper! :). I'm saving now for the Forged Pistons ... lol :)

Angleiron
02-23-2016, 11:30 AM
So would he had been better off with 3:07 gears or does having the 3:55 rear a good choice as well? I get the 3:55's limit the rpm's a tad but would what you did make the car with 3:55's make it more of a beast off the line?

Todd

Acperformance
02-23-2016, 11:49 AM
Dennis had gears prior to it arriving at A&C. At this power level stock gears would be better. He now has traction issues in the first 3 gears. A drag radial will be in the near future :)

Vprbite
02-23-2016, 01:40 PM
So, OP...were you happy or unhappy? I couldn't tell from your review : )

Thays great to hear of a reputable vendor who delivers amd does so with class.

Also, as far as gears, with that power that is A LOT of gear. I love it on stock Vipers but with that much power, I would bet most people are happy withnthe 307. At least that's my opinion from what I have learned. I had 3.55s on my 02 and loved em. And am on the fence right now because this one has more power. So with the earth shaking numbers you are making, I would think stock is plenty. Again, just my opinion.

Thanks for the review and so glad to see a great review and know we have another class builder to go to.

ViperCobra
02-23-2016, 02:17 PM
So, OP...were you happy or unhappy? I couldn't tell from your review : )

Thays great to hear of a reputable vendor who delivers amd does so with class.

Also, as far as gears, with that power that is A LOT of gear. I love it on stock Vipers but with that much power, I would bet most people are happy withnthe 307. At least that's my opinion from what I have learned. I had 3.55s on my 02 and loved em. And am on the fence right now because this one has more power. So with the earth shaking numbers you are making, I would think stock is plenty. Again, just my opinion.

Thanks for the review and so glad to see a great review and know we have another class builder to go to.

Thank you Vprbite and you are welcome :) ... I'm very pleased and HAPPY of course that I went to Todd to get my Viper done! No regrets at all!!! A very nice guy and he even gave me a great deal for the labor :)
When I bought my Viper it already had the 3.55 gears and the Paxton supercharger, I guess the previous owner wanted that set up. I will be getting new tires soon to help with the added power ... lol :)

Vprbite
02-23-2016, 03:57 PM
With that power and those gears, you are gonna roast those bastards like they aren't even there. People I know running similar power did the 3.55s and went back to the 3.07s. Really though, it's preference. So whatever makes you happy.

Glad to hear things went so well. I was just speaking with Todd about a tune, in fact.

PaulP
02-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Glad everything went great Dennis good talking to you, I would say you should at some point throw those 3:07's back in Todd may have a set kicking around,

ViperCobra
02-23-2016, 04:27 PM
With that power and those gears, you are gonna roast those bastards like they aren't even there. People I know running similar power did the 3.55s and went back to the 3.07s. Really though, it's preference. So whatever makes you happy.

Glad to hear things went so well. I was just speaking with Todd about a tune, in fact.

I am debating getting a drag radials or just get another set of Nitto Invos. I currently have 19" and 20" wheels and Invo tires. I only drive my Viper on the weekends though :)

You won't regret when you work with Todd :)! Great Guy!!!

ViperCobra
02-23-2016, 04:30 PM
Glad everything went great Dennis good talking to you, I would say you should at some point throw those 3:07's back in Todd may have a set kicking around,

Thanks Paul :) ... Good talking to you too :)!!! I'll try my 3.55 gears with new power for now and if I don't like it later on, I will have Todd change it :)

Ripper
02-24-2016, 09:10 PM
Congrats on the new found power... Should be a ton of fun !

I personally think the 3.55 gears are perfect with that power level. I have 3.55s and 20s with Invos on my car and they hook ok But have recently went 18s and drag radials.
I would try wheels and tires before swapping out your diff.

I actually may end up with 3.73s before I am done with mine. It's much snappier from red light to red light. ;-)

Oh and Todd and Crew are Awesome!!

Vprbite
02-24-2016, 09:54 PM

I personally think the 3.55 gears are perfect with that power level. I have 3.55s and 20s with Invos on my car and they hook ok But have recently went 18s and drag radials.

I actually may end up with 3.73s before I am done with mine. It's much snappier from red light to red light. ;-)

Exactly what I said...preference. Don't forget, overall diameter effects your final ratio. Bigger wheels may not effect it if the tire isn't any taller. But take that into consideration too.

I know someone running 3.73s with 900 horse on his viper. I think he is crazy for doing it. He thinks I am crazy not to. So see what works for you. Spending time on the track? Probably stick with stock IMO. Wanting to accelerate aroind town, 3.55s. IMO of course.

ViperCobra
02-25-2016, 02:27 PM

Thank you :) ... I will be getting new Invo 19 and 20" tires this weekend, hopefully its better than my current 10 yr. old Invos :) ... will try it out with my new horsepower.

Todd and his crew are top notch!!!

ViperCobra
02-25-2016, 02:30 PM
Exactly what I said...preference. Don't forget, overall diameter effects your final ratio. Bigger wheels may not effect it if the tire isn't any taller. But take that into consideration too.

I know someone running 3.73s with 900 horse on his viper. I think he is crazy for doing it. He thinks I am crazy not to. So see what works for you. Spending time on the track? Probably stick with stock IMO. Wanting to accelerate aroind town, 3.55s. IMO of course.

Thank you for your input :) ... I'll try with new tires for now and see if they will hook up but a gear change is not my priority for now :)

06SRTCoupe
02-25-2016, 04:09 PM

It depends on your power levels and what track you visit. Also, is this a track as in road course or drag strip? 3.55's aren't always good for around town if your power is up there.

Thank you :) ... I will be getting new Invo 19 and 20" tires this weekend, hopefully its better than my current 10 yr. old Invos :) ... will try it out with my new horsepower.

Todd and his crew are top notch!!!

Do not EVER let your tires get that old on your Viper (or any car for that matter). It doesn't matter if the tread is still at 99%...that old of a tire is dangerous when driving. The rubber is old, brittle, and hard...and you can easily shred one. Even if you think the tire looks good or feels good, it's not! 5-6 years is about the max.

EDIT: Great numbers! It sounds like quite a rowdy car! I am going to have Todd remote dyno tune my car when I get the rest of the bolt-ons installed. He is great to work with and I wouldn't trust anyone else to tune my car either.

ViperCobra
02-25-2016, 04:34 PM
It depends on your power levels and what track you visit. Also, is this a track as in road course or drag strip? 3.55's aren't always good for around town if your power is up there.

Thank you :). My Viper is a weekend car, never tracked it or raced one on the road. My 3.55 gears were already on my car when I got her :)

Do not EVER let your tires get that old on your Viper (or any car for that matter). It doesn't matter if the tread is still at 99%...that old of a tire is dangerous when driving. The rubber is old, brittle, and hard...and you can easily shred one. Even if you think the tire looks good or feels good, it's not! 5-6 years is about the max.

EDIT: Great numbers! It sounds like quite a rowdy car! I am going to have Todd remote dyno tune my car when I get the rest of the bolt-ons installed. He is great to work with and I wouldn't trust anyone else to tune my car either.

Thank you for the compliment and the advice about tires :). I will be getting a new set tomorrow and found a good deal in the internet :) ... you won't regret going to Todd :)

ViperPete
02-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Congrats man! Those are awesome power levels! I bet it sounds like a beast WOT at 100 mph!!

ViperCobra
02-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Congrats man! Those are awesome power levels! I bet it sounds like a beast WOT at 100 mph!!

Thank you :) .... I love how it sounds now. Haven't really push her hard yet but I will soon find out :)