PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Just added another Viper to AZ

Crash Test Dummy
02-17-2016, 02:46 PM
Ive had several fun cars and finally worked my way up to getting the Viper I always wanted. Picked up a 2006 SRT-10 Coupe out of Texas that has been very well kept up and has 10k miles on it. Look forward to checking out some club events and hanging around some Viper owners.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/cuddlyduddly/2006%20Viper%20GTS%20Blue%20with%20Silver%20Stripe s/Viper%2014.jpg (http://s243.photobucket.com/user/cuddlyduddly/media/2006%20Viper%20GTS%20Blue%20with%20Silver%20Stripe s/Viper%2014.jpg.html)

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/cuddlyduddly/2006%20Viper%20GTS%20Blue%20with%20Silver%20Stripe s/Viper%203.jpg (http://s243.photobucket.com/user/cuddlyduddly/media/2006%20Viper%20GTS%20Blue%20with%20Silver%20Stripe s/Viper%203.jpg.html)

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/cuddlyduddly/2006%20Viper%20GTS%20Blue%20with%20Silver%20Stripe s/Viper%202.jpg (http://s243.photobucket.com/user/cuddlyduddly/media/2006%20Viper%20GTS%20Blue%20with%20Silver%20Stripe s/Viper%202.jpg.html)

Martyb
02-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Beautiful car, and a Cubs fan!! I'm in Chandler, always up for a beer. If you want to meet up just let me know!

Congrats on the purchase.

dbowperson
02-17-2016, 06:25 PM
Beautiful! Funny story. I'm in Texas and am in the process of hopefully bringing a Viper back from Arizona (Mesa). Where did you get yours from?

Vprbite
02-17-2016, 07:07 PM
Congratulations on getting your dream car. For many of us, it is ours too.

I've said before, there are lots of great people here in Arizona. Unfortunately we can't get any to join the club.

We have a drive coming up in March so be sure to join the club officially ASAP so you can get the information on that. You are fortunate to have joined now too because NVE is in May. It is a national Viper gathering that this year is located in New Orleans, there are threads talking all about it, so look into that in case you are interested in going. We have a pretty big contingent going.

We actually really do have a great group of people here. And all very different. All walks of life, all ages, but brought together by a shared love of Vipers and everyone is really cool and we have a great time. We are fortunate to have such an active region. Of course we have our official events, but members put together non-official events too. If you are going on a cruise or something, post about it and invite people along. Impromptu vehicles pop up all the time like that and are a really good time.

As far as maintenence goes, we are fortunate to have one of the most respected Viper techs in the country, Eddie Martin, as a club member. You will probably meet him on a drive or event but he is at Airpark dodge in Scottsdale of you need any service done. Don't let Joe Schmo's fix-it shop work on it, this forum is filled with stories about how that turns out. (There are a few high end speed shops and such around Phoenix that are respectable for stuff but no jiffy lube or jim bobs exhaust shop kind of stuff. These cars are actually fairly simple as supercars go but bad mechanics can mess them up to an impressive level.

Congratulations again on getting your dream car. There is nothing like it and the club makes ownership even more fun. I look forward to meeting you, thanks for introducing yourself. Let me know if I can help you in any way as you start off your Viper ownership.

Cargirl
02-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Really nice photo's, great color combo and love the stripes. Welcome to the club and enjoy your car.

Crash Test Dummy
02-18-2016, 10:50 AM
Beautiful car, and a Cubs fan!! I'm in Chandler, always up for a beer. If you want to meet up just let me know!
Congrats on the purchase.

This is our Year! Go Cubs, lol.
Thanks

Beautiful! Funny story. I'm in Texas and am in the process of hopefully bringing a Viper back from Arizona (Mesa). Where did you get yours from?
I searched across the country because finding an 06 or 08 coupe around 50k was almost impossible to find local. Found mine in Midland Texas. Mesa isnt to far from me if you need to put eyes on the car. Good luck getting yours.

Congratulations on getting your dream car. For many of us, it is ours too.

I've said before, there are lots of great people here in Arizona. Unfortunately we can't get any to join the club.

We have a drive coming up in March so be sure to join the club officially ASAP so you can get the information on that. You are fortunate to have joined now too because NVE is in May. It is a national Viper gathering that this year is located in New Orleans, there are threads talking all about it, so look into that in case you are interested in going. We have a pretty big contingent going.

We actually really do have a great group of people here. And all very different. All walks of life, all ages, but brought together by a shared love of Vipers and everyone is really cool and we have a great time. We are fortunate to have such an active region. Of course we have our official events, but members put together non-official events too. If you are going on a cruise or something, post about it and invite people along. Impromptu vehicles pop up all the time like that and are a really good time.

Congratulations again on getting your dream car. There is nothing like it and the club makes ownership even more fun. I look forward to meeting you, thanks for introducing yourself. Let me know if I can help you in any way as you start off your Viper ownership.
I have a friend that works at Wal Mart auto center, they are going to do all the work on it! ha just playing... Ive been in the car scene since before I could drive Camaro Z28, Camaro SS, GTO, Corvette and some 4x4s too. Have a few buddys with shops that I trust, Top Gear Motorsports in Mesa and Cordes Performance Racing in Tempe. This will remain stock so it will only need service work. I have heard great things about Eddie and its nice to know we have a local Viper pro.

I read up on the New Orleans event and that sounds like a blast but probably too far this time. Maybe next year they will pick Vegas or LA

I am looking forward to meeting some members and getting back into car outings and cruises.

Really nice photo's, great color combo and love the stripes. Welcome to the club and enjoy your car.
Thanks, Red was my first choice but the Blue/Silver and Blue/White stripes was a close 2nd, hard being picky buying a 10 year old used car when no one seems to sell them.
See you around town.

ACRucrazy
02-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Great car! Love Blue 06 coupes!

sonicbloo
02-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Great car! Love Blue 06 coupes!

so do I !!!!!!

SuperBird4404BBL
02-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Welcome. Great color combo. Enjoy the car.

Vprbite
02-18-2016, 03:40 PM
Cordes is one of the places I had in my head when I said that we have a few respectable shops. So yeah I would trust them. Especially for big power builds. I may use them for install on a passive keyless entry module.

And be careful saying you are going to keep it stock. We have heard that one a lot around here. But I bet it won't be long till you start salivating at gears or exhaust.

AZSRT10
02-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the club and congrats on the Viper. I am looking to switch to a coupe myself. Great looking car!

Crash Test Dummy
02-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Great car! Love Blue 06 coupes! Thanks. Your Green is impressive too!

so do I !!!!!!Blue /White is classic Viper

Welcome. Great color combo. Enjoy the car. Thank you , Thank you. I am driving it everyday and having a blast (its nice to only work a few miles away)

Cordes is one of the places I had in my head when I said that we have a few respectable shops. So yeah I would trust them. Especially for big power builds. I may use them for install on a passive keyless entry module.

And be careful saying you are going to keep it stock. We have heard that one a lot around here. But I bet it won't be long till you start salivating at gears or exhaust.
Cordes and the crew really take care of everyone and they sponsor some great events. Street car take over this month, and the No Fly Zone 1/2 mile event that is WILD!
this car stays stock... if I need more power I will unload this to someone looking to collect it and I will replace it with an Gev V

Welcome to the club and congrats on the Viper. I am looking to switch to a coupe myself. Great looking car! Thanks, nice to hear this club is active in the Arizona area. Maybe we can swap hard top for the convertible for a week sometime :-) See you around town.

AZMotorgod
05-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Crash Test Dummy-

Welcome to Viper ownership. I am in North Peoria with a '96 B/W GTS. Love the Cubs hat (I moved to Phoenix from Chicago in '96). Are you a transplant from the motherland?

Cargirl
05-25-2016, 02:03 PM
So many Cub fans in AZ, I love the Cubbies too--remember 1984? I still hate Steve Garvey!

SmoknTires
05-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Me to! ;.)

Chicago for 40 years before I wised up. Love the cubs, actually learned to love the Sox as I went to the Illinois Institute of Technology and was right across the street.

But I'll now take the warm weather and perfect roads.

Hey, I notice some are still enthusiasts. Join the club and get together with the group! The club MADE my car owning experience. Aside from the magazine and other club stuff, the things you get exposed to is amazing. Most of my life's best friends are from the club. We've ate/drank together, traveled together, and raced together. I noticed I started driving the car mainly for club stuff, that's when you know the affect it has on you. Getting together with someone informally is nice simply to have some company. But there's nothing like joining club events that are prearranged for you, alongside many interesting people, and a line of cars that draws attention wherever they go. As VprBite said, lots of good people own Vipers out here, but let's get them together!

Cargirl
05-25-2016, 06:38 PM
My father graduated from IIT as well, his name was Nick Kalivianakis. They still send him mail and since he has passed away, I guess you can say I am on their mailing list. I went to Southern Illinois University myself.

Your right about the Viper club experience. We had a X-Mas party that was simply outstanding. The VOA really does things right, fist class all the way.

Congrats Alex on your new position, I love your passion! The VOA will be well served with your leadership.