PDA

View Full Version : Great night out Who!

Fatboy 18
02-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Brilliant night out and unexpected!

Friend of mine telephoned me and asked what I was doing...Nothing much came the reply, "Why?"

Turns out he had booked a twin room at the Holiday Inn in Wembley and had a spare ticket to "The WHO" Concert.

What a Brilliant night, Great being entertained by 71 year olds :lol2:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1543/24931128741_cd2712cd9d_c.jpg
Pete Townsend doing his thing.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1590/24906390892_16a16e55f9_c.jpg
The fans.

And to think these guys played at Woodstock! Very Cool.

Vprbite
02-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Great to see them still going.

It is funny though when you think about all of the "rock Gods" we grew up with are now having the same problems any other 70 yr old has. I mean, Eddie Van Halen has an artificial hip. Though let's be honest, the fact that most of these guys saw the age of 30 is really pretty amazing. I used to party hard when I was younger but I can not imagine how far off the rails I could have gone if it was free (rock stars generally don't pay for booze or drugs) and I was getting paid to do it. Wow. I'm glad they are still out there.

How was the show though? I saw Aerosmith a few years back and they were like animatronic figures at chuck e cheese or something. They were robotic and you could feel it. Kinda a let down.

Torquemonster06
02-14-2016, 06:50 PM
Very cool friend you got there. Good times for sure.

LifeIsGood
02-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Who?

Fatboy 18
02-15-2016, 02:00 AM
Great to see them still going.

It is funny though when you think about all of the "rock Gods" we grew up with are now having the same problems any other 70 yr old has. I mean, Eddie Van Halen has an artificial hip. Though let's be honest, the fact that most of these guys saw the age of 30 is really pretty amazing. I used to party hard when I was younger but I can not imagine how far off the rails I could have gone if it was free (rock stars generally don't pay for booze or drugs) and I was getting paid to do it. Wow. I'm glad they are still out there.

How was the show though? I saw Aerosmith a few years back and they were like animatronic figures at chuck e cheese or something. They were robotic and you could feel it. Kinda a let down.

The show was Great, they had 3 large screens behind the stage, the two screens on either side of the stage showed close up pictures of Pete Townsend and Rodger daltrey and the central screen showed historical moments from the bands past. Rodger Daltrey was throwing the mic around swinging it and catching it back between verses, Pete Townsend was awesome on Guitar. they played all there classics
The Seeker, Pin Ball Wizard, Who are you, other tracks from the films Tommy and Quadrophenia. Rodger Daltrey had said he had not been well last year but his humor and stage action looked great to me.

That's another event crossed off the Bucket list.

Fatboy 18
02-15-2016, 02:08 AM
Who? Exactly :D

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2711/4363940239_23c41cf615.jpg

Vprbite
02-15-2016, 04:12 AM
That's awesome they played the hits. I gotta tell you there is nothing I hate more than aclassic band who doesn't play their hits. I get they may be a bit tired of them, but play them or don't charge people to see you. That's what got you there. Respect that. I am a musician and play shows (I'm slightly less popular than "The Who" or "The Rolling Stones" I guess. It's debatable ) and there are songs I am a bit tired of but people at bars or Irish pubs frickin love em and that's what I'm there to do so I play the crap out of them. Obviously I am not at the level of these bands at all and I'm not trying to compare myself to them that way. But it's great when they respect the fans and play the hits that we all love. Sure, play some new stuff off the new album too, why not. But don't forget the songs that we turned up till our parents yelled at us. That's what got ya there and why we are still showing up. ( FYI, Willie Nelson is great about that. He plays new stuff but never forgets pancho and lefty, crazy, Whiskey River, etc.)

Sounds like a great time, brother. I'm happy for you!

Fatboy 18
02-15-2016, 04:18 AM
Did I mention a lot of Beer was involved too! :very_drunk: I took the train to the Venue, no way I was going anywhere near a Car :)

Vprbite
02-15-2016, 05:09 AM
I wouldn't have thought you did.

BlackSnake99
02-15-2016, 07:51 AM
I saw them on their 'Farewell Tour'...... in 1982. The ticket cost me $18.50. I just bought a vintage ticket from that show (12/3/1982) off eBay.... for $100. Lol.