PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mamba at JBA Motorsports in Mesa

dbowperson
02-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Hey guys. I've been looking off and on for a Viper over the past couple months, and came across this beauty on Ebay. Unfortunately I live in Dallas, and was hoping to find something closer to home, but this one just really struck me. Before I look at hopping a flight out there, I was just curious if anyone in that area might be familiar with this car?

VIN is 1B3JZ65Z44V101041

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201519124217?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Nemesis
02-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Call Eddie Martin, he may be able to tell you about the car.

dbowperson
02-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Thanks. Is there a number for him on here?

Edit - Never mind. I found it. Is he okay with calls out of the blue?

Call Eddie Martin, he may be able to tell you about the car.

LeadfootRT10
02-12-2016, 10:07 AM
He won't mind. Just give him a buzz during reasonable business hours.

dbowperson
02-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Thanks. Any independent thoughts on the price? They're asking $43K, but from what I've been seeing, the going price for an '04 with 25K miles is more in the mid to upper $30K's. Would the Mamba package add that much to it?

dbowperson
02-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Wow! Eddie is awesome! I don't have a deal in place, yet, but if we get to that point he's ready to hook me up with an inspection back at the dealership for a pretty darn good price. If this one should happen to fall through, I'll definitely open up my options to include the Phoenix area, knowing he's out there. In fact, I'd probably be better off if that's where the car comes from.

LeadfootRT10
02-12-2016, 02:34 PM
It's a white Mamba, which is usually the more desirable of the three colors (black, silver, and white), but i'm sure you could talk them down a bit. If i had the money, i'd be knocking on their door about this car, i've always liked the white mambas.

Vprbite
02-13-2016, 02:15 AM
Wow! Eddie is awesome! I don't have a deal in place, yet, but if we get to that point he's ready to hook me up with an inspection back at the dealership for a pretty darn good price. If this one should happen to fall through, I'll definitely open up my options to include the Phoenix area, knowing he's out there. In fact, I'd probably be better off if that's where the car comes from.

Often times he may be the one who has taken care of a car in the area. It's like being able to talk to a woman's doctor before you date her.

As far as price, there is a rarity issue, but also I would say 25k clean miles is nothing to be scared of. That's barely over 2k per year. So it's not "high mileage." If you like the mambas, I don't think the price is unfair by any means, if you don't care about the mambas, you may be able to find one cheaper. But don't forget, there are less and less of these things as time goes on so I don't think you would find a car way way cheaper with way less mileage. I don't track the values of the mambas specifically or anything, but 25k isn't scary mileage at all. 2k mileage could be worse in some ways. There are owners from whom I wouldn't buy an 8k mile car from and owners from whom I would buy a 25k mile car from no problem. PPI and who/how they owned it means a ton.

dbowperson
02-14-2016, 08:53 AM
Is there a way to get a hold of Eddie through email or message? I don't like calling people on Sundays, but I'd like to get him some information. If not, I'll give him a call tomorrow morning.

Thanks.

Rocket
02-14-2016, 11:31 AM
I potentially could look at it for you this week as I live in phx. My background includes rebuilding a 2005 and a 2009, so I know quite a bit about what to look for. Was there any specific things you are concerned about? From the pics, I noticed a line in the softtop, but could not tell if it was just the camera angle. Also has some exhaust work (corsa) or tips as those chrome tips are not stock. I'd also look to see if it has shocks or lowering caps installed.

Mamba is a beautiful Viper for sure.

dbowperson
02-14-2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I actually had Eddie tentatively lined up to take it back to his dealership tomorrow for the inspection, but as of right now it looks like my deal might fall through. We had discussed a number, but then I guess someone local walked in and put a deposit on the car while they apply for financing. I won't know for sure until Tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways, I just wanted to pass all my info on to Eddie, along with some details of what we are looking for (2003-2006 with no stripes, preferably white, and two tone interior if possible. Not too picky, huh?). Not necessarily a white Mamba, but that one REALLY caught my attention.

I potentially could look at it for you this week as I live in phx. My background includes rebuilding a 2005 and a 2009, so I know quite a bit about what to look for. Was there any specific things you are concerned about? From the pics, I noticed a line in the softtop, but could not tell if it was just the camera angle. Also has some exhaust work (corsa) or tips as those chrome tips are not stock. I'd also look to see if it has shocks or lowering caps installed.

Mamba is a beautiful Viper for sure.

Vprbite
02-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Rocket knows his stuff when it comes to these cars as he has honestly rebuilt a few of them. His car now is dripping sex but you should have seen it when he bought it.

As far as Eddie, yeah I could give you his email but I am 99.9% certain he wouldn't check it till tomorrow anyway. I know for a fact he was super busy this weekend because we talked about it a couple days ago. I would just call him tomorrow during appropriate business hours.

Also, it doesn't hurt to post in the Gen III/IV section what you are looking for. People may be looking to sell but don't want the hassle of listing and all that jazz. Or could be on the fence of selling and seeing you are looking they may make an offer. What I mean is, it never hurts. Plus, buying from someone on the club can be helpful because you know the car exists, the seller exists, and often times other people will vouch for the condition of the car. So...worth a shot.

Best of Luck!!!

P.S. Corsa catback is badass. Many people do just high flows and corsa catback. I did headers too, but the Corsa catback eliminates any drone and sounds badass. So, if you want a bit more civil tone but still mean, Corsa is the way to go. Headers will make it louder but the Corsa will keep it enjoyable. My girlfriend and I regularly drive long distances with no noise or drone problems. I hope this helps in your decision making.

dbowperson
02-14-2016, 07:37 PM
All good suggestions, and I'll definitely keep Rocket in mind. We're pretty serious about tracking one down, so the more eyes we have out there the better.

Crash Test Dummy
02-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Finding a local Viper is tough, I was searching several months across the country to find what I wanted and never had any luck with one coming for sale local.

These sites helped me track one down
cargurus .com
autotempest .com (search then narrow it down to craiglist)

dbowperson
02-17-2016, 06:16 PM
Fingers crossed! The other deal fell through, so I'm next in line. Eddie will be taking it back to his shop next week for a full inspection. Pending any major hiccups, it'll be mine!

Vprbite
02-17-2016, 07:20 PM
Best of luck. Eddies knows his stuff so if there is something small wrong with it, he may tell you to use that to beat them up on the price and then fix it. For instance, leaking stock shocks are super common, especially on eibach Spring cars (like mine) and can be fixed pretty easily. So he knows what to stay away from and what not to worry about. He is honestly a great resource.

I really hope this one works out for you. I'm pulling for you! Definitely worth it to be patient and get a good pre purchase inspection than buy on emotion. In the long run, you will be glad you did. I know it's hard, especially on your first viper to not just let your emotions run away with you but that could end in heartbreak. So good luck with this one! Keep the faith. The right one will come along.

dbowperson
02-24-2016, 06:22 PM
Looks like it's mine! Eddie is going to take care of a few minor items, then it'll be on it's way to Dallas.

LeadfootRT10
02-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Looks like it's mine! Eddie is going to take care of a few minor items, then it'll be on it's way to Dallas.

Lucky bastard, I really liked that car.....damn my lackluster financial situation!

Crash Test Dummy
02-25-2016, 11:38 AM

nice, congrats

Whitemamba
02-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Awesome looking car. You will definitely love it. I am partial to them myself.

dbowperson
02-27-2016, 08:58 PM
I can see that. Where are you located? I'm in Rowlett, northeast of Dallas.

Awesome looking car. You will definitely love it. I am partial to them myself.