PDA

View Full Version : NVE trip Itinerary -- Be Sure to Check Your Email if You Haven't

Vprbite
02-10-2016, 03:45 AM
---I'm sure you all received the email about the NVE driving itinerary with all the information about the drive and hotels and times and the meet up at the Rauh's. If you haven't, email Debbie to make sure she has the correct email address for you so that you can get it. It is filled with very important information, basically everything you need to get ready for the drive out, and you should read it and make your arrangements ASAP---

But I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you to Debbie for setting all that up. It really is a lot of work talking to the different hotels and getting rates arranged, and also planning the route and putting everything together all in one place. Having set up a number of events I know that it is always more tricky and takes longer than you think.

So thank you Debbie for setting it up and having all the information all in one succinct place like that. Emily and I will be calling and booking our rooms tomorrow. It is nice to have all the information so nicely laid out and really makes it much easier to lock everything down. So thanks for all the effort, Debbie, it really is appreciated and helps to have all that done so early. Thank you.

***As a side note, for the drive I highly recommend those coming along get the app (available on droid and iPhone) called "Waze". It tells you where cops are located as well as cars pulled to the side of the road, slow downs or stoppages and accidents or emergency vehicles. Very helpful. Also, if you connect it via Bluetooth it should cut in and give you updates over the stereo. Otherwise, it just gives you audible warnings from the phone. Many of us will have it on the drive but I recommend getting it. The only drawback is it can really drain battery so make sure to have a car charger with you. It's a great little app though. It also tells you how many other users are ahead of you so you can get a feel for how accurate it will be. I am pretty sure it was free. It's worked well for me. Recently I was headed up to Airpark and while I was on the 10 nearing the 60, it alerted me that the 101 was at a complete standstill so I switched routes and took the 51 north instead. Very helpful little tool to have.***

Can't wait for this trip and to get on the road with my Viper crew. Let's Roll!!!

Mr White
02-10-2016, 09:56 AM
The only drawback is it can really drain battery so make sure to have a car charger with you.

He's not kidding, I have one of those cheapo store brand chargers for my note and waze will drain the battery faster than it can charge. If they make a rapid charger for your phone, look into getting one.

Vprbite
02-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Good advice mr white.

Now tell Mr Pink to start tipping cause it's causing problems.

Mr White
02-10-2016, 07:13 PM
lulz not too many people pick up on the reference

Vprbite
02-14-2016, 05:13 PM
lulz not too many people pick up on the reference

It's iconic. How do people miss it? I am not one who necessarily worships at the altar of Tarrantino (some people refuse to believe he can make anything less than the greatest movie ever). So I am not a fanboy. But I'll admit a lot of his stuff is pretty good. And the first time I saw that movie it was like something I had never seen before. Plus, it introduced me to Tim Roth who, IMO, is one of the best actors of our generation.