PDA

View Full Version : Racing seat and harness

twist-a-grip
02-09-2016, 11:47 AM
I dicked around for a week on the 1of1 configurator and lost my April build slot so now I have to wait until May to get my ACR. In the meantime I plan to research and purchase a seat and harness - two things I didn't bother putting in my Z07, but plan to for the ACR. I have a nice helmet and Hans device and an FIA suit and shoes and it just didn't make sense to me to leave most of these things at home when I took the Z to the track. I searched the forum for seat suggestions and only found one thread that really had any relevant info - and it said finding a racing seat for a Viper is difficult. Surely there is a seat/harness setup that fits. If you know of one or have installed one, please share what I need to purchase. I'm a scrawny 5'10" 150lbs - only mentioning because it sounds like bigger seats just flat out won't fit, so that is not a concern of mine.

Roncfp
02-09-2016, 02:04 PM
The factory seats are fine unless you want a HALO seat for lateral protection. I had the Team Tech ASR / ACR RAMPAC 6-pt harnesses installed and they work great; a little bulky but very helpful fighting the g loads from this car. You will need the sub belt mounting bar from Team Tech to mount the sub belts. The shoulder harnesses connect to the factory mounting points behind each seat.

mjorgensen
02-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Racetech has a Viper spec seat, but you will still have to trim it or remove the door panels for the "wings" to clear.

darbgnik
02-09-2016, 06:29 PM
The factory seats are fine unless you want a HALO seat for lateral protection. I had the Team Tech ASR / ACR RAMPAC 6-pt harnesses installed and they work great; a little bulky but very helpful fighting the g loads from this car. You will need the sub belt mounting bar from Team Tech to mount the sub belts. The shoulder harnesses connect to the factory mounting points behind each seat.

I have the same Teamtech harnesses in mine, Ramac shoulder and lap belts with ASR adjustable sub belts. The location of the submarine holes in the Viper seat bottoms were placed there with input from Curt at Teamtech. High quality gear.

acrgt
02-14-2016, 09:53 PM
anyone know of a good roll bar?

fuggles
02-14-2016, 11:20 PM
anyone know of a good roll bar?

Check out this thread.

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/12212-Custom-roll-bar-installed-in-ACR

acrgt
02-15-2016, 10:40 PM
thanks
exactly what i was looking for and close by

Longdaddy
02-24-2016, 12:40 AM
We are putting Sparco "PRO ADV TS" seat into the car (started its life as gen 4 ACR) I spent several days researching dimensions from every seat manufacturer out there, in the end, this seat and Racetech were toss up on dimensions. Sparco won on price and weight... It also has extra narrow halo. There was also a Momo seat that was close.

Even with the most compact seat available, this is a tough install. The seat is shifted towards the trans tunnel. It is still very tight. If you are looking to have the seat centered over stock mounting holes (our cage fabricator made new mount "rails", welded to the floor), you will want as narrow seat as possible. Problematic areas are the shoulder support wings, look for seats that don't have them sticking out too much. If you want to roll up your window, be ready to either cut the seat or really push it into the trans tunnel.

If you plan to use the car on the street, stick with factory seats. They will work better than 95% of OEM seats on the track. Someone actually bought my stock seats to put into their track day Subaru :)
I lived with a track car with racing seat that I drove on the street as well, for about 3 years, and it's not an experience I would ever care to repeat.

If you are serious about safety, I highly recommend non-sliding mount with reinforcement plates welded to the floor, and being prepared to cut into door and roof/b pillar panels to have the safety gear installed correctly.