PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Track Pack option?

Gregm06
02-07-2016, 10:58 AM
I'm new to Viper, researching as much as I can, and on the hunt for a Gen 5 GTS. I've come across several potential cars in Canada. Our dollar precludes me from shopping in the US. Some cars have the track pack option. The window sticker on one car indicates the track pack included performance brakes, tires & wheels for $4,000 plus the Sidewinder Matte rims for $1,003. I've read this combination saves 57 lbs unsprung. My question, will I notice the difference on the street between this package and a GTS without the track pack and with the Venom wheels? Also how does the Launch Edition with Rattler wheels compare? Any and all experience & opinions are welcome. Thx

Jack B
02-07-2016, 11:21 AM
If you do not track the car, you will not notice a diff. I have 2013 TP, I have learned to love the corsa's, they are an excellent tire.

I'm new to Viper, researching as much as I can, and on the hunt for a Gen 5 GTS. I've come across several potential cars in Canada. Our dollar precludes me from shopping in the US. Some cars have the track pack option. The window sticker on one car indicates the track pack included performance brakes, tires & wheels for $4,000 plus the Sidewinder Matte rims for $1,003. I've read this combination saves 57 lbs unsprung. My question, will I notice the difference on the street between this package and a GTS without the track pack and with the Venom wheels? Also how does the Launch Edition with Rattler wheels compare? Any and all experience & opinions are welcome. Thx

darbgnik
02-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Shedding 57 pounds of unsprung weight is huge for the performance of any car. Do I think you'll notice it on the street? No. Especially if this will be the first car with nothing to compare it to.

Now is definitely the time to buy this car in Canada, as the price is going up due to the dollar, but it seems not as fast as the dollar has dipped. Sooner than later the CDN price here will match the US price there, but it hasn't happened yet. This price adjustment happened pretty much in real time with my Gallardo, so I sold it 4 years after I bought it, for more than I paid for it.......

The prices here have already risen, I've seen a used low miles car, same as mine sell for more used, than I bought mine new.

DZnutz
02-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Where you located?

Gregm06
02-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Where you located?

Guelph, Ont.

swexlin
02-07-2016, 12:23 PM
I have a Track Pack car as well. The StopTech rotors are a thing of beauty, those combined with the Sidewinder II wheels, saves a lot of rotating weight. Worth it even on the street, IMO. Supposedly, my car (the 2013 SRT Track Pack cars) are the lightest overall. I think if you can swing it, get the GTS with the Track Pack.

victoryman100
02-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Just swapped out my stock rattlers for Sidewinder 2s on my 2013 Launch Edition. shed ALOT of weight plus IMO looks much better. Also the Launch Editions came with the two piece stop tech rotors from the factory! I personally cannot tell a difference on the street as I took it out today for the first time since installing the wheels. Good luck on your search!

Dman
02-07-2016, 12:50 PM
It's great value for what you get. I personally wouldn't have considered a car without at least the Track Pack. Like others posted, the performance difference in huge, will you notice it riding on a Sunday morning to cars & coffee or a grocery store haul, nope.

IMO, the sidewinders are a thing of beauty and the lightest thing out there, it's rare you get such perf and looks from a car item, and it carries value into resale, as again, those who don't care may not give it value, but those who want it, would skip your car when shopping. I wouldn't make it a priority like it is for me, but it should weigh on your decision.

Dfunk
02-07-2016, 10:07 PM
A bit off topic, but I love the paint work on your x brace victoryman100. I want to see more images of it.

victoryman100
02-08-2016, 02:59 AM
A bit off topic, but I love the paint work on your x brace victoryman100. I want to see more images of it.