PDA

View Full Version : Drive Daytona! April 14-15

XSnake
02-02-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm organizing the Celebration Exotic Car Festivals track event again this year. Again, we will be on Daytona International Speedways' full Rolex course. If you watched in of the Rolex 24 race and felt excited about just watching, imagine getting to drive it. This is one of the BEST track events you can participate in. Daytona is THE fastest track in the country you can run your car at. You can hit 170 twice per lap. The DP cars will be over 180 (yes, DP cars participate). We cap each run group so there isn't any issues with traffic. There are 3 run groups and each group gets five 30 min. sessions per day. Cost is $795 for 2 days and $495 for a single day. There will be a wide variety of cars in attendance along with a ton of enthusiastic car people. You cannot usually get on the Rolex course this time of the year as some of you know but we have done it for the last couple of years with fantastic results thanks to the France family who participates with us. All payments are made directly to charity so your entry fee counts as a donation for tax purposes.

If you have any questions, please post here or PM me. Hope we get some more Vipers registered.

Registration info here: https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/6983

allans
02-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Criteria for run groups ?? Best, Allan

Rapidrezults
02-02-2016, 10:37 PM
This sounds like an amazing event. I wish shipping wasn't so expensive.

XSnake
02-10-2016, 06:28 AM
Criteria for run groups ?? Best, Allan

Rungroups are based on experience and car potential.

Looks like we have 3 Vipers signed up so far.

Roncfp
02-10-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm in and have extra tires just in case. ;)

XSnake
02-23-2016, 06:40 PM
3 Vipers registered so far. :)

XSnake
03-10-2016, 07:32 AM
Spots are filling up nicely. We have a very wide range of cars attending so far. Full blown Daytona Prototypes, Radical, Mosler, Vettes, Porsche, etc.... Lots of fun stuff!

38D
03-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Daytona is awesome. If you've never driven the banking, it's incredibly steep, and way bumpier than it looks on TV.

You should also get a Daytona specific alignment with less negative camber.

Lastly, if you have a windshield banner, it's a good idea to cut off a triangular section. It's really hard to see at speed in the banking.

XSnake
03-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Daytona is awesome. If you've never driven the banking, it's incredibly steep, and way bumpier than it looks on TV.

Lastly, if you have a windshield banner, it's a good idea to cut off a triangular section. It's really hard to see at speed in the banking.

Track is much smoother since the repave from a couple of years ago.
The big bump coming out of Nascar 4 is gone.

As for vison, if you don't look far enough ahead you will make yourself sick pretty quickly, I've seen it. It's definitely an unique experience. Extremely fun!!!

XSnake
03-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Tomorrow is the last day to register and get the lowering pricing

Fatboy 18
03-20-2016, 03:41 PM
Coor, would love to do this in my car but the shipping would be rather expensive!

XSnake
04-11-2016, 10:11 AM
We have over 100 cars registered. Anyone in the area is more than welcome to come out an spectate. Passenger wristbands are available for purchase @ $20. Please wear appropriate apparel if you plan on trying to get a ride. (pants and closed toe shoes)