PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Gen IV/Gen V build

TexasTonka
12-25-2013, 05:46 AM
I have a 2009 ACR with the Hennessey Venom 650R package on it and recently purchased the GenV intake manifold to install mainly for weight savings and reduction of heat soak, but I've heard it is good for about 10-20 horsepower as well which is a plus.

I ran across a thread somewhere (that I can't find anymore) of a guy who had the GenV intake AND the GenV camshaft installed in his Gen IV ACR by Arrow Racing. Have any of you seen this or discussed this with Arrow? I know the PCM needs to be flashed to readjust the TB after the intake install, but is the cam a drop in and if so what are the benefits of it? If it is a drop in I may as well get this done too when I have everything else torn down.

Shooter
12-25-2013, 08:55 AM
I remember that thread. But I bet you could Ask JonB

01sapphirebob
12-25-2013, 08:56 AM
I have a 2009 ACR with the Hennessey Venom 650R package on it and recently purchased the GenV intake manifold to install mainly for weight savings and reduction of heat soak, but I've heard it is good for about 10-20 horsepower as well which is a plus.

I ran across a thread somewhere (that I can't find anymore) of a guy who had the GenV intake AND the GenV camshaft installed in his Gen IV ACR by Arrow Racing. Have any of you seen this or discussed this with Arrow? I know the PCM needs to be flashed to readjust the TB after the intake install, but is the cam a drop in and if so what are the benefits of it? If it is a drop in I may as well get this done too when I have everything else torn down.

The thread you are referring to is on the VCA site actually. There is a thread on here...http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/378-PICS-Gen-V-intake-on-my-Gen-IV-ACR-PICS that has A LOT of good info in it as well. One thing I learned from that thread is that you would not have to do a TB relearn if you disconnect the battery before you do the install. I was considering this mod for myself but still can't decided if I just want to port my lower GEN IV intake or go with the GEN V intake. I asked ARROW about them doing a kit for a GEN IV to V intake conversion but they havent gotten back to me yet.

FLATOUT
12-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Shooter and I installed the Gen V intakes on our ACR's without much fanfare. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any install questions.

Andy

P.S. if you're in Houston anytime let me know.

CERVEZA
12-25-2013, 10:10 PM
I had arrow do the cam and intake swap on my gen 4... I am very happy with the power and great service from arrow racing... Just waiting to do dyno pulls as I ran out of time at the end of the year ....

V10LEE
12-25-2013, 10:16 PM
That is some cool swaps..

You know what would be another good swap.. Is putting a Gen 5 tranny . The shifting on my Gen 5 is incredible.. I plan on doing this to my ACR soon..

TexasTonka
12-27-2013, 11:59 PM
I had arrow do the cam and intake swap on my gen 4... I am very happy with the power and great service from arrow racing... Just waiting to do dyno pulls as I ran out of time at the end of the year ....

What else did Arrow do to make the cam and intake work with the Gen IV PCM? Anything? Would hate to install a part and throw codes down the road.

TexasTonka
12-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Shooter and I installed the Gen V intakes on our ACR's without much fanfare. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any install questions.

Andy

P.S. if you're in Houston anytime let me know.

Bringing down to a mutual friend in Houston this weekend to install the ACR trans and diff cooler as well as the Gen V intake. May do the cam yet, not sure.

CERVEZA
12-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Arrow can and will do a reflash on your computer.... It works well and the only codes I have thrown, is from having my sons child seat on the passenger side... Arrow has so much knowledge and is willing to help the viper community out in any way they can... In my little experience with them it seems they have been there and done that a couple of times with almost any combination ..... In the spring I hope to have the dyno # to show everyone....

TexasTonka
12-29-2013, 07:33 AM
^^ +1!

bought my ACRX valve covers from Arrow for the ACRX catch can system from Tom Francis. Both were fantastic companies to work with and now I have a true ACRX system with all the R&D behind it anyone could ask for.

FLATOUT
12-29-2013, 12:14 PM
^^^^^
Also why I went with the X can. Just picked mine up last week and now I need to get the valve covers done.