PDA

View Full Version : Replace Gen II Alpine Radio

Mike&Joyce
01-31-2016, 03:38 PM
I have a Gen II with the Alpine Radio......
Has anyone replace the radio without removing the total system......?????
Most information shows or states a total replacement....

I would like to just replace the Alpine radio and keep the existing amp and speakers.

Fatboy 18
01-31-2016, 07:39 PM
I replaced my radio with a single din flip up screen GPS multimedia unit. I am using the factory amp and speakers.

When you remove the stock radio there is a diagram of the wiring pinouts printed on the rear. I just got an adapter made up so that none of the stock wiring was cut. :)

This is what I installed :)
http://www.motorguards.co.uk/Zenec-NC510-7-Sat-Nav-DVD-AMFM-MP3-Head-Unit-16330

NetkoGTS
01-31-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm going to do a Pioneer P99RS feeding a Helix DSP Pro, to a pair of McIntosh amps (MCC406M & MCC301M). The 406 will drive an active 3 way German Maestro M-line and the 301 will drive a pair of JL Audio 8w7's. Doing some custom door mounts and a Helix Director in the ceiling panel. Now before you all say "Don't cut up your factory stuff!!!"... I bought the panels off a wrecked Viper. If I ever want to return it to stock... not a big deal.

Yea its a bit overkill...

HPmopars
01-31-2016, 10:12 PM
Yes it can be done. I did a headunit install in a club members GTS. Since nobody makes a harness adaptor, I built my own for a true 100% plug-n-play.

AFL in CA
09-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Anyone know any vendor who has parts for the Gen II Alpine stereo, such as a new faceplate and buttons? My fingers have worn off some of the lettering on the radio.

Regards,
Aaron