PDA

View Full Version : Feb 6 Dinner and event

Vprbite
01-30-2016, 04:07 PM
Make sure to check your emails and reply so we can get an accurate headcount.

On Saturday the 6th, I set up a dinner at teppenyaki place in Scottsdale. We have a private room and parking spots out front. But before that, we can go play minigolf and drive go karts to satisfy our members need for competition. As I know many of you are highly competitive. I did this also thinking it would be a fun, easy event and a way for us to have fun without leaving town and it won't consume your entire day. I will say this though, if we get 20 people the cost of minigolf and go karts, etc, goes WAY down.

In March and April we will have more of a cruise to a destination. I am working on that now.

With so many of us going to NVE, we won't be doing an overnight before then because I am trying to be cost sensitive. If however you guys really want one, I am glad to arrange it. But we have something in the works for the fall that will be an overnight north of Phoenix. More to come on that later.

Members, please keep in mind, as social director I work for you. Period. So feel free to suggest events via email or just call me. Vprbite@comcast.net is my email. I won't post my phone here but email me and I will give it to you. But tell me what you want to do. Tell me if you like events longer or shorter. More cruises or less cruises. My job is to arrange the events that you guys are gonna enjoy. So help me to know what that is. After NVE, we will have some in town events that won't necessarily require your Viper because it's just not as fun to drive it when it is 110 out.

Anyway, be sure to reply to the email about the event on the 6th and let us know if you are coming. I really hope to have a good turnout. Teppenyaki is great fun and I think fits this crowd well. I also hope everyone wants to get involved and play some minigolf and race some go karts beforehand too. Just remeber, if you win, you get bragging rights untill someone beats you. So who knows when that will be? You could hold that over people's heads for years. : )

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Cargirl
01-31-2016, 09:52 PM
Steve and I will be attending. This will be the first chance for fellow Viper friends to check out my new 2003 Viper since I am the newbie here. Looking forward to next Saturday!

Vprbite
02-01-2016, 07:59 AM
Be sure to reply to the email.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you.

Vprbite
02-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Looks like we are having a nice turnout for this event. If you haven't replied to the email yet, please do. The restaurant is setting aside its valet spaces for us (though you park your own car unless you don't want to. But the spots will be set aside) so I want to make sure we have an accurate count. I look forward to seeing you all there. Plus we have private dining room and teppenyaki tables.

This is my first event since knee surgery and I have been busting ass in therapy (and potentially pissing off my surgeon) to make sure I am there. So I hope to see you all there too and enjoy the looks on your faces after you get your asses handed to you in minigolf and go-karts by a guy with one leg and a recently operated on knee. :devilish::devilish:

682nv
02-05-2016, 03:37 PM
What time is dinner,Jeff?

Vprbite
02-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Dinner is at 6 at Sapporo on Scottsdale Rd. Barely a mile from where we are doing minigolf and go karts.

Are you coming? If so, let me know just to make sure I can let the restaurant know if we need extra seats. We are meeting at Crackerjax in Scottsdale at 3:30 which will give us time to do a round of minigolf and some gokarts, and any other stuff you might want. Bumper boats, etc. and not be rushed in making it to dinner.

Let me know if you are making it and if there is one or 2 of you. Thanks and we are happy to have you there so I hope you are making it : )

You can call or text me at 520-270-5716 because I may not be checking the forums tomorrow. You can also email Debbie too.

Thanks and I hope to have you along.

Vprbite
02-07-2016, 01:18 AM
Big thank you to everyone who attended the event. For those that dnt make it, we made a last minute change and went and raced fast go karts at octane raceway at Indian Bend and the 101 which was a really good time.

Then, a number of other members met up with us at Sapporo. Dinner was a great time. The food was fantastic and of course teppenyaki was the perfect venue for this crowd full of riff raff. The restaurant was very welcoming starting with the parking which they had graciously set aside for us. After that we had our own private room with two teppenyaki tables that fit us very comfortably.

All in all it was a really good day and I want to thank everyone for coming and hope to see you all at the next event.