PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to McLaren

HobokenViper
01-27-2016, 08:42 AM
I have had the pleasure of meeting most of you in the NY/CT region at VOA and getting to know many of you pretty well thru VOA events over the past couple of years. I'm expecting to be getting to even more events this coming year. With that said, I wanted to share some huge personal news with all of my friends here, as it can possibly also benefit all of you.

After many years of working in Manhattan in commercial real estate, I've decided it was time to hang up my hat there and follow my passion for cars and make a massive career change. I explored many options, and ultimately ended up landing a job as the sales manager for McLaren at Miller Motorcars in Greenwich, CT, starting roughly a month from now. While I absolutely love McLaren cars as they are the the absolute pinnacle of precision and purpose built supercars, I'm always going to be a Viper guy at heart and will likely never get rid of my 2008 blue/silver vert.

It's a dream job for me, getting to deal with one of my favorite brands on a daily basis, and I obviously would like to invite all of you to come out to the facility to check out the cars and even take one out for a test drive if you might be interested. I drove the brand new 570S last week, and the thing is absolutely the best car you can buy under $200k (or under $300k for that matter), and I'm still trying to wipe the huge smile off of my face. And it should go without saying that if any of you are actually interested in buying one either new or used, I'll make sure that the red carpet is rolled out for you and that you get the best possible deal on whatever car you lust for.

Happy to try to arrange for a fun VOA meetup on site in the Spring once I fully settle in there, and looking forward to catching up with all of you guys!

Best regards,

Aaron

swexlin
01-27-2016, 08:45 AM
Congratulations. I am lucky enough to live only a couple of miles from the big McLaren dealership here in West Chester, PA. They often participate in local events (from our weekly C&C, to local charity events that we do) by bringing cars, swag, and general good will. They do give back to the community, and happy to have them as part of our local "car scene". Congrats to you, hope it works out for you!

ViperJon
01-27-2016, 09:11 AM
Congrats to you Aaron. Big McLaren fan here and love the 570S it's just stunning.
I currently have a very low mileage Superleggera I'm selling this spring, maybe we will talk.
Nice to know there is a Viper guy there, they seem like a top shelf dealer.

plumcrazy
01-27-2016, 09:15 AM
congrats

ACR Steve
01-27-2016, 09:40 AM
Congrats no denying there engineering pedigree- They were the best race engineering company (maybe still are)

City
01-27-2016, 12:05 PM
Congrats Aaron! Have to admit I've never driven a McLaren or a sequential gearbox. Might just take you up on your offer come Spring.

Best of luck to you there.

Fatboy 18
01-27-2016, 01:17 PM
Best of luck in the new Job :)

HobokenViper
01-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Thanks so much guys! Really appreciate all the support, and looking forward to seeing all of you again come the 2016 driving season.

I'm very excited about all of this, and let's not forget that McLaren had Played a role in the Viper's direct development history too! They provided their expertise in tuning the engine for the fourth generation to boost it up to 600 horsepower after all! Guess that means my Viper is also part McLaren?!

ViperJon - I would be happy to talk when you are ready to talk about trading in or selling the Superleggera and possibly considering a McLaren. We actually currently have a couple very low mileage Lamborghini Hurican's in stock, as well as 2 McLaren P1's (ultra rare!), and 3 McLaren 675LT's (I believe there were only 250 shipped to the U.S.), and the 570S models will be in full production and more readily available by Spring. Either way, would be great to see you and looking forward to having you pay a visit when you are ready.

City - Definitely come by sometime once I settle into my new role there. Would love to catch up with you and will definitely arrange for you to take one of the cars out. Can't wait to see the huge smile on your face afterwards!!!!!

SlateEd
01-27-2016, 05:06 PM
Aaron, congrats man that sounds very cool! I have been into Miller several times over the years and they certainly run a top-notch facility with some extreme cars. I'm pretty sure my boss's P1 came from Miller and he might have bought a 675 there recently also. I'll have to stop over to say hi when you get settled in.. I drive through greenwich every day on the way to work. Lets definitely chat about how VOA and Miller might work together on something this upcoming season.. could be fun!

Anonymous
01-27-2016, 06:08 PM
you are my hero,ballsy move!

Stretch
01-27-2016, 07:19 PM
Congrats on the new job! I love McLarens. From where I'm sitting I can see a 1/18th scale F1 and a Lego P1. Not quite the same view you have but it will do for now :-)

ViperTony
01-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Congrats Aaron!

ViperSmith
01-27-2016, 08:14 PM
So what kind of deal can you get me on a 570s :D

lol, been eyeing it for awhile. If all goes well this year I'll be buying one. Just looks awesome.

XSnake
01-27-2016, 08:20 PM
You would have enjoyed the track event I was at last month...

aaron94t
01-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Aaron,
Congratulations, what an exciting move! I am a huge McLarem fan but have never even driven one. I might take you up on the offer come spring as the 12C in blue is on my list. I am curious as to the feel difference between the 570 and the 12c. The bad news is that I am fresh out of room and I might end up sleeping in it if I bring up the purchase of another car to my better half. Ah but it is always fun to shop n:car-smiley-003:

HobokenViper
01-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Aaron, congrats man that sounds very cool! I have been into Miller several times over the years and they certainly run a top-notch facility with some extreme cars. I'm pretty sure my boss's P1 came from Miller and he might have bought a 675 there recently also. I'll have to stop over to say hi when you get settled in.. I drive through greenwich every day on the way to work. Lets definitely chat about how VOA and Miller might work together on something this upcoming season.. could be fun!

Ed,

First of all, I would love to have you come by sometime. Always great to see you and would be nice to catch up. It also sounds like I need to meet your boss if he's such a good customer of Miller Motorcars, especially with some of the exciting things coming from McLaren on the horizon.

Let's start that conversation about a VOA & Miller Motorcar event in the next couple of months once I settle in and try to make it happen this summer. Think it could be a great experience for all!

HobokenViper
01-28-2016, 08:42 AM
So what kind of deal can you get me on a 570s :D

lol, been eyeing it for awhile. If all goes well this year I'll be buying one. Just looks awesome.

I'll be very honest, I haven't started in my role at McLaren yet (will start there in a little less than a month), and the 570s just hit the market, so they are still not a common car just yet. We should plan to pick up this conversation sometime in the Spring when I have a couple months under my belt and when the 570s is in full production and more readily available. I will have a much better idea on deal pricing for you at that point (they start at $184,900), but I obviously promise to do my best for you. No smoke and mirrors as most of you guys know Im a straight shooter, and will do whatever I can to help get you into a 570s if that's what you want.

PS: photos do not do this car justice!!!!! The interior is like nothing I've ever seen before in the best way possible, it is roomy with lots of hidden storage, and literally almost feels like a hybrid between a spaceship and a concept car. It is so comfortable that it could be a daily driver. The exterior proportions are just beautiful when you witness it in person. And I just loved seeing the side top air intakes from the side view mirrors while driving. I honestly feel that it's the best looking McLaren out right now, and it was the most precise and enjoyable car I have ever driven to date.

HobokenViper
01-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Aaron,
Congratulations, what an exciting move! I am a huge McLarem fan but have never even driven one. I might take you up on the offer come spring as the 12C in blue is on my list. I am curious as to the feel difference between the 570 and the 12c. The bad news is that I am fresh out of room and I might end up sleeping in it if I bring up the purchase of another car to my better half. Ah but it is always fun to shop n:car-smiley-003:

Definitely plan a visit this spring. Would love to see you and catch up, and will get you behind the wheel of one for a test drive. I promise you will be smiling ear to ear the entire time!

I still need your wife to talk to my wife and work on her to let me add another car to the stable. You don't know how lucky you are to be with someone who shares your love for cars!

thetalonguy
01-28-2016, 11:17 AM
That's awesome Aaron! I'm sure it will be a lot easier getting up in the morning to go to work :-). Hoping we get an early Spring here!!

Boba Fett
01-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Congrats!! When I get my millions, I will order my P1 through you.

ViperSmith
02-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Wasn't quite impressed with McLaren in Tysons. Stopped to look at the 570s. The sales manager for McLaren came out to talk to me. Asked "Have you ever driven a supercar before" pointed to my 2015 Viper and his response was "No I mean a real supercar"

Ok, I get the Viper isn't a Ferrari, but don't be an asshole about it. The ACR skull stomped the P1, so don't pretend it isn't a contender.

SlateEd
02-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Wasn't quite impressed with McLaren in Tysons. Stopped to look at the 570s. The sales manager for McLaren came out to talk to me. Asked "Have you ever driven a supercar before" pointed to my 2015 Viper and his response was "No I mean a real supercar"

Ok, I get the Viper isn't a Ferrari, but don't be an asshole about it. The ACR skull stomped the P1, so don't pretend it isn't a contender.

Wow that's obnoxious! Glad to know the McL dealer in Greenwich will have someone who appreciates the Viper's dominance :-)

ACR Steve
02-29-2016, 02:24 PM
answer for sales guys like that-Oh that $1,000,000 car that the ACR smoked??????????????

P1 is a cool car though :)

HobokenViper
03-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Wow that's obnoxious! Glad to know the McL dealer in Greenwich will have someone who appreciates the Viper's dominance :-)

Absolutely right Ed!!!! I have much love for McLaren, but am also a Viper guy for life!

Need to start talking about an event at our McLaren showroom for you guys this Spring. Want to roll out the red carpet and get some butts in seats and experiencing what they are like on the road, give you guys the royal full tour, and catch up with all my VOA buddies over breakfast or brunch.

For all you racing fans, and huge McLaren buffs, we currently have 2 McLaren P1's in stock (only 5 currently on the market in the country), and 2 very special 675LT's, one of which is an ULTRA rare one with a special MSO roof air intake (1 of 30 ever produced with that). They won't be there much longer as they are going up in value daily, and would love to share them with you guys.

You don't have to wait for the event to stop by to say hello, but I definitely do want to host you guys sometime soon. Let's start talking dates and best way to make this happen soon!

Aaron

NHL2133
03-09-2016, 01:46 AM
Congrats on the new position! It looks like you get to see some pretty amazing cars in the next few months. Chiron, Huayra BC, and the LaFerrari Spyder. If I had the money I'd buy the Brodger Brown P1 you have in inventory. It's a classy look on a monster of a car.

HobokenViper
03-09-2016, 06:02 AM
Congrats on the new position! It looks like you get to see some pretty amazing cars in the next few months. Chiron, Huayra BC, and the LaFerrari Spyder. If I had the money I'd buy the Brodger Brown P1 you have in inventory. It's a classy look on a monster of a car.

Thanks! You are right, it's literally a dream come true, and That Brodger Brown P1 is absolutely incredible to see. One of the finest 1 of 1 cars on the planet. Here are a few photos for everyone to drool over until you are able to come see everything for yourself.

HobokenViper
03-09-2016, 06:09 AM
And my kids LOVE the cars!

Helo Steve
03-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Aaron, congratulations! I knew Evan Cygler from his Scarsdale Concours days, not even sure he would remember at this point! I've also met Aleksey, who is a big Viper fan, and he was nice enough to offer a test drive of a 12C spider even though he knew I wasn't buying!

I will make it a point to stop in and say hello!

HobokenViper
03-31-2016, 08:15 AM
Update:
Ed just posted a new thread in the NY/CT forum inviting everyone to our VOA event at McLaren of Greenwich. I would love to see all of you there, as it is a special opportunity to get behind the wheel of both the new McLaren 570S and 650S Spider and experience each on the local roads. Please spread the word to our VOA friends who may want to also attend, as I want to share this experience with as many of our VOA members as possible, and look forward to seeing all of you there in a couple weeks on Saturday, April 16 (rain date the following Saturday, April 23).

Aaron