PDA

View Full Version : 900 RWHP from a Novi2000 Supercharger. Is it Possible?

slitherv10
12-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Here's the scoop.

I am looking at a 2002 FE with Forged internals, Polished and ported heads, belanger/corsa set up, New clutch aluminum flywheel and a cam that compliments the Supercharger. This is what I am told so far about the car. No heat issues, nothing.

Does this seem realistic as far as HP numbers from this build?

Are there issues that come with this set up. How reliable are they and what should I look for when I go see it. Keep in mind it is winter here and a ride in it is out of the question at this point.

He is asking 60K for it or trade for an 08 Venom Red Vert with 40K miles on it all stock.

your thoughts??

The Stig
12-23-2013, 04:18 PM
I know the car and who built everything.. didn't think the power was that high

6th-Element
12-23-2013, 04:58 PM
It is possible but at those levels watch out, the pulley size used will put a lot of stress on the crank and those cranks are known to have the end snap clean off. They only cost $5700 form Dodge though, so snap away!

slitherv10
12-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Update.......

Just went and saw it. It looks mint as far as cosmetics. Runs very nice and load as hell. He is open to a straight trade with my 08 Venom red Vert (bone stock with 40K miles) .
Ill repeat what I said earlier and add some more information here...
Here's the scoop.

I am looking at a 2002 FE with 21000Miles on it and a built motor with Forged internals ( incuding pistons rods etc, Polished and ported heads (something about 2.02 and 170), Harland rockers, belanger/hi flows and corsa set up, New clutch (centerforce), aluminum fidenza flywheel and a Comp cam that compliments the Supercharger as well as twin walbros,2 map sensor 90 pound injectors and some other small stuff. The crank was not done which means what problems?This is what I am told so far about the car. He says that he has had no overheating issues at all. He has a methanol injection installed.

Does this seem realistic as far as HP numbers from this build? Is it a good build with what is installed here?

Are there issues that come with this set up. How reliable are they and what should I look for when I go see it. Keep in mind it is winter here and a ride in it is out of the question at this point.

Is it worth it? How much is it worth really?

Your thoughts??

plumcrazy
12-23-2013, 07:57 PM
sent you a PM on the alley.

the only issue with the crank is possibly the crank snout snapping off. if it happens (it happened to me) you are looking at a hefty price to repair assuming nothing else gets busted at the same time. forged parts doesnt mean a lot to me, there are different levels of quality with parts and depending on who put it all together makes a difference too. how much head work ? flow numbers on the heads ? GET A LEAKDOWN TEST DONE, not a compression check. huge difference

im more worried about the tuning but that price sounds very high to me.

slitherv10
12-23-2013, 09:20 PM
sent you a PM on the alley.

the only issue with the crank is possibly the crank snout snapping off. if it happens (it happened to me) you are looking at a hefty price to repair assuming nothing else gets busted at the same time. forged parts doesnt mean a lot to me, there are different levels of quality with parts and depending on who put it all together makes a difference too. how much head work ? flow numbers on the heads ? GET A LEAKDOWN TEST DONE, not a compression check. huge difference

im more worried about the tuning but that price sounds very high to me.

thanks Plum and the rest of you guys.

Looks like I will stick to my original plan and sell my 2 babies and go for an 08-2010 ACR. I didn't think I was doing the right thing either to be honest.. Sometimes the power level fogs reality.

If anyone out there wants to buy or trade for an ACR. let me know

XSnake
12-23-2013, 09:39 PM
If you are looking for a Gen 2 mine is for sale. Already built minus the boost

slitherv10
12-24-2013, 12:48 AM
If you are looking for a Gen 2 mine is for sale. Already built minus the boost

Got a Gen 2 ,, was looking at unloading the gen 4 but maybe I will stick with the ACR route 08-10