PDA

View Full Version : Narra schedule 2016

Russ Oasis
01-17-2016, 07:50 PM
The schedule for 2016 has been released. There are 5 race weekends (two races per weekend). Friday practice is also available. These are the premier tracks in America. PITT RACE with its new extension, repave, and garage facilities, is one of the great tracks in the country. It's owned by the Stouts, so you know it has been created with the love and care that only racers can. If you have any questions. Let me know.

Road Atlanta, GA - April 8-10

Watkins Glen, NY - May 13-15

Virginia Int. Raceway (VA) - June 2-5

Pittsburgh Int. Race Complex (PA) - August 5-7

Pittsburgh Int. Race Complex (PA) - September 23-25

cindilux
01-18-2016, 04:01 PM
GREAT schedule for 2016. Looks like we will see you at Watkins Glen with Trans Am.

Will be great to see everybody.

Roncfp
01-20-2016, 01:58 PM
VIR in June looks good; would love to do Road Atlanta but it conflicts with our track event at Daytona. I was really hoping NARRA could make it back down to Sebring this year. I really enjoyed running the time trials with NARRA.

Dusty1
01-20-2016, 03:11 PM
There are no time trials this year.

XSnake
01-20-2016, 03:13 PM
There are no time trials this year.

So just a GT race and HPDE?

Dusty1
01-20-2016, 04:53 PM
Not sure about the HPDE.

XSnake
01-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Not sure about the HPDE.

They would be REALLY limiting their potential participants by not doing HPDE

Leslie
01-20-2016, 05:43 PM
I remember when they had HPDE and ran at Mid Ohio. Most fun I ever had, miss those days!

docwviper
01-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Is this is for an HPDE I would like to sign up for some events. PM me.

Simms
01-20-2016, 08:36 PM
I thought I read TT and HPDE schedule to come???

Russ Oasis
01-21-2016, 09:07 AM
We did HPDE last year and didn't get enough cars to continue. We'd like to bring it back, but this year need to condense our schedule in order to get stronger for the future. If you feel that you're on the cusp of GT, let us know and you'll get the "rookie" sticker and a shot in the race division (if your car fits the specs). For this year, NARRA is going to have to focus on only the GT race division.

Simms
01-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Russ,

No chance of a Viper Days again like VIR last year?

Roncfp
01-21-2016, 09:30 AM
Well damn, that's disappointing would love to run TT or HPDE. Good luck though on the GT only schedule; hopefully enough event success that maybe TT is brought back.

Russ Oasis
01-22-2016, 09:45 AM
SIMMS and RONCFP,
At VIR we barely broke even with the 35 cars that signed up. We tried again at PITT and fewer than 10 cars signed up. There has to be at least 35 cars at each HPDE event to make it viable. I love the idea, however, with tracks raising their fees and race series becoming more expensive, NARRA had to make partnership deals with other series to keep our world class schedule in place. That sucked up any time we might have had left for TT or HPDE. I'm a big fan of both, so I'd like to see us get back to it, but we need the car count first. If you have friends that want to make a commitment to TT, let me know.

Doug Nash
01-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Guys - If you compare the schedule to SCCA Trans Am, you will notice the matching dates. NARRA racing will be run within many of the Trans Am weekends. So not time slots available this year apparently to run HPDE or TT. Remains to be seen how this combined weekend series is scheduled for track time. As it is TA is going to four classes this year I believe. Larger tracks they run together; smaller tracks separately because they have been getting big car counts.